Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Hellions

(Kay’s POV)

My costume was in my duffel bag with the clothes for the morning after Hellview. I had made the trip down to PA alone in my car because Clubby had already left before me with Megan and X-tina in the latter's car. I was sure the girl had already started to cause chaos wherever she and her crazies had gotten to. The three of them were just as bad as Bam and his friends and that was saying a lot. If I really thought about it a little harder, however, I would come to realize that Clubby and the duo were actually worse than Bam's friends, but my mind couldn't wrap itself around that fact.

I arrived at the apartment complex in record time. I had made one bathroom break on the drive down since I was excited, nervous and dreading the events of that night to even worry about my expanding bladder. Turning off the ignition, I climbed from my small car and went to the trunk to retrieve my overnight bag. With the straps of the bag in my hands, I made my way to the front door of Aimee's new apartment. I silently prayed that Bam wasn't inside. I wasn't ready for the chaos just yet.

The door was pulled open before I could even lift a hand to knock.

“Oh good! You're here. Come in. We were just getting ready.” A young blonde woman said with a bright smile as if she'd been expecting me... or as if I knew who the Hell she was.

I glanced at her in confusion before glancing at the number on the door. It matched with the number Ames had given me. “Is this Aimee McCluskley's apartment?”

The girl laughed. “Of course it is! Sorry I didn't introduce myself. I'm Abbey.”

I took her outstretched hand mostly because I didn't know what else to do. Then I followed the blonde into the apartment only to find my best friend sitting on the couch in her costume. It was some kind of cheerleader from Hell ensemble, but for Ames, it was the perfect outfit.

“Here already?” Aimee questioned with a raise of an eyebrow. She checked the time on her cell phone which was glued to her hand. “Didn't you leave 3 hours ago?”

“Yeah.” I said with a shrug as I collapsed onto her couch. “So?”

“It takes 4 hours to get here.” Ames reminded me with a smirk on her face. “What'd ya do? Drive 100 miles an hour?”

I shot her an exasperated look. “Really? Do you think I'd drive that fast?”

“How else do you explain the hour you lost on the trip down?” My best friend stood up from the couch to retrieve a bottle of beer from her TV stand. She took a sip of it before finishing her thought. “Especially in that Hyundai you own.”

I pointed at her with a glare. “Hey! Don't diss the car.”

Throwing up the only hand that wasn't occupied, Aimee's face displayed mock fear. “I didn't mean anything by it.”

“Sure you didn't.” I said with a giggle. Rolling her eyes, Ames went back to her beer without another word in my direction. “Love the costume by the way. Where'd you get the idea?”

Her cheerleader costume consisted of a black and red skirt with a CKY shirt as the top instead of a normal cheer top. Ames' hair was down and looked really cute with the backless portion of her shirt. It was at that moment I noticed Abbey matched.

“Guess.” She said instead of answering my question.

I shook my head as the name popped into my head without a second thought. “Jess?”

Aimee nodded her head, but Abbey looked shocked at my guess.

“How did you figure it out?” The pretty, petite blonde said with her mouth dropped open in surprise.

“CKY cheerleaders?” I asked, unsure of why she was surprised at all. “Really?”

Ames couldn't help, but laugh, nearly spitting her beer all over her new carpets. I raised my eyebrows at the sight before bursting into a fit of giggles. These people were absolutely nuts. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I tried to fit the urge to rip it out and check it.

“So what are you going to the show as?” Abbey asked in an attempt to change the subject. “It better be hot otherwise Bam said we can't get in.”

I figured Bam would say something so stupid, but I kept my retort to myself. I didn't need to start in on the man who was throwing the best Halloween party in Pennsylvania. Especially since my best friend seemed to have formed some screwed up friendship with him.

“I'm going as Black Widow from the Avengers. Cat suit and all.” I felt a smile spread over my face. I couldn't wait to put the damn thing on.

The smile must have been contagious because Abbey smiled back.

Ames, however, had a different smile on her face. One that spelled trouble. “You know Clubby is going to be there right?”

“Yeah. So?” I asked, sensing the dread creeping up on me.

“She's going to be Batman, again. She won't appreciate the Marvel costume.” Ames said with a spark of mischievousness in her eyes. “I'm just warning you.”

“Thanks.” I muttered, deciding to check my cell phone anyway. I scrolled through my messages until I came to the one I was looking for.

Hey I got my costume! Really looking forward to seeing you tonight. :) -J

The smile was on my face before I noticed it. He was too sweet.

“Who are you texting?” Ames asked with curiosity in her voice. I glanced up and saw she was peering over at me as if she didn't really care, but I could tell it was killing her not knowing.

“It's my dance whore guy.” I said automatically without even thinking.

“You're what?” She asked in confusion. Oops, forgot she didn't know Amid's name for Josh. Oh well...

“Do you mind if I change in your bedroom?” I said instead, standing up off of the couch and grabbing my overnight bag. “I want to put my costume on and do my makeup.”

Aimee waved me towards where her bedroom was, but she was disappointed when I took my phone with me. I was going to be in trouble later, but it was so going to be worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't wait for Halloween :)