Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Grand Theft Auto

(Megan's POV)

In my sexy as fuck Gotham City PD uniform, my curly blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail and a cap on my head, I strolled down the streets of West Chester with Heather and X-tina hot on my heels. X-tina's costume was a little more reserved, but she still looked awesome in it. Heather, of course, looked atrocious in her Batman costume, but no one would ever say so. The girl took her DC men seriously.

“Where are we going?” A wasted X-tina slurred as she stumbled to keep up. At times during their walk, Clubby had to reach out to steady the oldest of our group.

“Chad mentioned some dive he likes to go to. We're going.” I told my posse as we arrived at the place we had parked the car earlier.

“What about everyone else?” The older girl complained loudly. “The party is back there.”

Clubby forced X-tina's head down so she would get into the car without bumping her head on the roof. She rolled her eyes as she explained, “They are taking the party to John & Peter's.”

“Oh.”

It was the only answer we received and I was thankful for that. I was the only one of the group who was sober enough to drive the forty five minutes to New Hope so I slid into the driver's seat and started the motor. With a smile in the mirror, I pulled onto Market St. and headed for the next bar.

***

“SHOTS!” Aimee shouted out as the waitress deposited a tray of whiskey and other various alcohol filled shot glasses on the table in front of us. The booth was cramped with the group we had and it was an especially long booth at that. The young Irish woman immediately downed two whiskey ones and glanced around the table. “Who wants to go shot for shot?”

The bar was filled with tons of people dressed in Halloween costumes, but our little group was not only the most popular due to CKY and Bam being a part of it, but we were also the most rambunctious. People were stealing glances towards our table to see what we would do next. Heather, X-tina and Jesse shared one side of the booth with me. On the bigger bench was a more interesting set of people.

Aimee was in the farthest corner with Bam directly next to her. Chad was on the other side of Bam then it was Deron. Kay sat beside Deron and her date of the night, Josh, sat on the end of the booth bench. It seemed they had to keep Josh away from Chad... everyone had seen the glares the guitarist had sent towards the man Aimee labeled as the 'supermodel'. Kay seemed to not be sure how she was sitting between Josh and Deron, but then again, they were probably the safest two to be between at the moment.

X-tina's head was pressed to the tabletop, her hand still wrapped around a beer that she'd barely taken a sip of. Aimee was glancing around the table waiting for an answer to her lingering question.

Chad, leaning forward so Ames could see him around Bam, raised his hand. “I'm in.”

“I second that.” Jesse cut in with a smirk on his face. “Don't forget, little one, I have Irish and Italian blood in me. You have your work cut out for you.”

“Bring it on, Giraffe man.” Aimee said with a smile of her own. “I can take you.”

“Did you forget I'm part of this too?” Chad said with a frown. “I don't like being left out.”

Deron snickered, but said nothing. Chad glared at him before turning back to Ames who was waiting patiently for him. The three who decided to do the competition lifted their shot glasses and then, after clinking them together, downed them quickly. As this continued with the rest of the shots on the tray, I glanced at Heather who was to my right.

“Sword fight?”

It probably wasn't the best idea I've had, but at that moment, I was so wasted that anything sounded good. The thought of standing outside of the bar in our awesome costumes and throwing around a sword was the only thing I wanted to do. Heather's eyes widened at the suggestion.

“Yes. I must do this.” She shot up out of her seat and ran for the door. She still had her beer bottle in hand.

I glanced around the table to see if anyone had noticed, but everyone was riveted to the shot for shot game that was clearly not letting up any time soon. Taking my beer with me as well, I hurried after Heather. Once outside and clear of all of the random people, I noticed my friend was standing beside the car we'd taken over to New Hope. I joined her and asked for a sword.

Clubby searched the trunk for a moment before frowning. “I don't have one. Shit! I must have forgotten it at the hotel.”

“Don't you mean Bam's house?” I asked in confusion. I was pretty sure that was where we were staying for the night.

“It's still a hotel.” She said with a shrug.

I laughed at the comparison before I got another bad idea. I raised the bottle in my hand with a flourish. “We can use these!”

If only Heather had been a little more sober than me.

“YES!”

As soon as our beer bottles connected, the glass exploded all over the ground and even fell onto X-tina's car. I shrieked as I dusted the particles off of the car and myself, attempting to not get cut in the process. The last thing we needed was to get X-tina pissed over the glass.

“May I ask what it is you think you are doing?”

I glanced up at the sound of a man's voice and was face to face with a PA state trooper. I felt my mouth go dry and I didn't speak. Instead, Clubby did and it was a disaster.

“We're pirates! We've come to battle!” Heather, still in her Batman costume, climbed onto the trunk of X-tina's car and pointed at me. “Arrgh!”

“Is this your car?” The officer asked next, not even blinking an eye at Clubby's words. He must have been a regular to Bam's antics.

“Yes!” I said, hoping to get us out of any trouble. Little did I realize that I sealed our fate for the night.

“You have the right to remain silent.”

“What are you doing?” I asked as the officer took out a pair of handcuffs. I glanced at Heather who was still on top of the car. Her eyes had widened in fear.

“This is a stolen car. I'm arresting both of you for grand theft auto.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought this chapter should be done from someone else's point of view and Megan was the perfect one! I hope you all enjoyed it. :)