Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Beep Chirp Bop

(Aimee's POV)

Break it up boy, music makin' me feel naughty. I wanna know boy, if I can be your shorty. Set it up boy, make me hot all over my body. Break it up to night.

“Turn that down for a second, Kay.” Soon the Rihanna/Sean John song paused as I lifted my cell phone up to eye level. “X-tina really has no life.” Looking over the phone to Kay, I saw Heather had seriously paused in her dancing and waited for the music start again. Clearing the text message from my screen, a chirp came from Kay's iPhone. “Bet it's the same message.”

Kay's eyes grew more frustrated as she read. “Did she really expect us to live our lives up in New York just for her sake? Hell we lived in Albany and she never visited us!” Pressing the play button on the laptop, music began to fill the apartment again. Course Heather started up her weird robot-club dance. Or whatever she was doing.

Just couldn't believe that X-Tina as acting like such a child. Our cell phones had been going off since the night before and even Heather's phone had begun going off with the same messages. Each time the phone went off, it was another message form her, and each one got more and more annoying. Finding the power button, I opted to just turn my phone off. Anyone of any importance knew where I lived and others could just leave a voicemail.

“I told her she should move down too.” Heather screamed over the music. “She could stay with us!” I hoped she meant where her and Dico and her lived. By the stare Kay gave her, I could tell I wasn't the only one thinking it. “Don't worry, I mean at the house.”

Our improvised dance party died down when Kay headed in to the shower, mainly because I stared at Heather instead of getting up and dancing with the moron. I was about to grab a beer when Heather lifted her cell phone to her ear. Normally I wouldn't have stopped everything to listen to Heather on the phone, but when she looked pissed beyond all belief, I tend to listen in. With a towel still in her hair, Kay too stopped walking to her room to see what the hell was going on.

Heather began tapping her foot impatiently. Then rolled her eyes. “You can text shit all day but you don't have the balls to pick up your cell phone when one of us calls you? I don't know why you can't leave your parent's house and move to a different town, it might do you some good. Just because the rest of us moved onto adult jobs in a different area doesn't mean that you are a black sheep.” Kay mouth the word 'job' to me while pointing at Heather. My response was to shrug. Guess she viewed filming nonstop with Bam a job. “You are a black sheep because you made yourself one by harassing everyone with these self petty texts.” Lowering the phone to hang up, Heather looked at us. “What?”

Not responding, I grabbed three beers and paced them out. “We still going to help film tonight?”

That instant, the music turned back up and Heather went back to dancing like nothing happened. Now though she danced with her beer bottle like it was a legit dance partner. Kay shook her head though. “I'm going out with Josh tonight, I'm so sad I'll miss all the fun at Bam's.”

“We'll say that.” I spoke before taking a swig. “Where are you guys going?”

Drinking a lot of beer first, the bottle eventually lowered from her lips. “Not sure.” Walking back to her room. She acted as though she was only getting ready to go grocery shopping or something. No enthusiasm at all. Would have been none of my business though if it weren't for the fact that Kay was like a younger sister too me. That gave me full right to be concerned. Mean, if you are going from being single for a while to going on another date with a guy you had been seeing, one should seem rather happy to be doing so. Not seem obligated to for whatever reason.

Throwing together a quick outfit, I soon felt like I was being watched. “AMES” Heather's voice would have startled me if I wasn't already use to her antics. “We have to leave very soon! Dico said we are gonna miss it!” With a sigh, I quickly threw a long sleeve shirt over my purple tanktop and grabbed my favorite purple scarf I had managed to steal from Bam. Mean it matched my tank top's shade perfectly so it became mine. “HURRY!” Not grabbing a coat or even having time to grab my bag, I took my keys from the table and tucked my cell into my back pocket.

The whole ride over Heather insisted we had to get there immediately. As if our lives depended on it. I punched the code of the week into the gate's box and it begun to open. “Knock it open the rest of the way with your car!” Glancing over at Heather, I shook my head.

I took my usual parking spot and stared at the sight before me. Flames shot up high into the darkening sky at an alarming rate. Then again, any amount of flame with this crowd was alarming. Closing the car door, I shivered at the wind and cursed Heather under my breath. November and I had no coat on. Bitch.

Ape had squared off with Bam pointing a finger at him. “YOU CAN'T HAVE A BONFIRE BAM!”

“Do I want to know?” I asked Ape who rolled her eyes at Heather before letting her finger fall to her side.

Pulling me in for a hug, Bam went to release but noticed my lack of coat. Instead he held on. “Ape wanted smores. So we made her smores.”

“You're going to get the fire department out here again.” Muttering Ape kept avoiding a hug from Heather. “Why can't you ever grow up?”

Breaking away from my heat source, I pointed Heather to where Dico and Rake were preparing smores. “Ape I would just eat the smores before they come up with something else more dangerous.”

With a nod of agreement, Ape cautiously walked to where a plate awaited her next to Phil. They had nice lawn chairs out with a table in between for both Phil and Ape. “Why don't you go in and grab my hoodie to wear, Ames.” Concern filled the Jackass' eyes as he started to walk back over. “It's hanging on the back of the couch in the kitchen.” Course the promise of warmth had me nearly running across the yard to where the back door was.

Looking around the kitchen area, I noticed there was no hoodie anywhere to be found. Turning my phone back on, it began making nonstop beeping sounds. More than half were from X-Tina, half of what remained was from Bam and the others from random people. Attempting to read one, more messages and emails started rolling in. It all forced my phone to freeze and restart. My reaction was simple, the phone sailed across the room and smashed into the wall just to the right of the fireplace. Why they couldn't just make the smores in that was beyond me.

“Um, is it safe in here?” Carefully walking to were I stood, Bam looked on the couch. “Guess Ape put it back upstairs on me. Come on, I'll grab you a jacket to keep you warm.” Being led up the stairs, All I could do was nod. Receiving fucked up text messages from a good friend had unnerved me way more than I was able to admit. I just couldn't believe that she would twist everything to that extreme. “I can tell something is wrong.”

Following Bam into is room, I sat down for a moment as he walked into his closet and began searching. “It's just X-Tina starting girl drama.” Multiple hoodies came flying out and onto the floor. “I'm not in the mood for negative people anymore and at this point I want nothing to do with her.”

“Can't say a blame you.” Walking out victoriously with a warm looking Element hybrid hoodie jacket thing, he held it out to me. “This thing is warm as hell.”

Sliding it on I knew what he was talking about. “Thanks. Shall we rejoin the firemaniacs?”

“Probably should.” Something seemed to be on his mind. “I found out today that Missy finally signed the divorce papers.” I stopped in the hallway towards the stairs for a moment before I started walking again. “It took her forever but as of yesterday everything is finalized.” How the hell could I forget he was married? “Ever since August I have been having some incredible luck and it keeps getting better.” quickly going down the stairs to catch up, I was surprised to see him stopped my the sliding glass doors in he living room.

Walking closer, I saw why he stopped. Heather, Dico and Rake were jumping around the fire like lunatics with Ape chasing them. “Let's go save the trio from being shoved into the fire.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I could seriously go for a nice bonfire :)