Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Boom

(Aimee's POV)

“Seriously?” Kay asked while grabbing a bagel from the bag. “That sounds rather dangerous to me.”

Shrugging, I looked up from my cup of coffee. “I never agreed to go, but at least Heather won't be there. Ape banned her and Dico from showing up.”

“I don't see how that would really mean anything. This is Clubby.” Pointing her butter knife at me as she spoke, Kay casually scooped out some cream cheese and started spreading it. “But then again I don't feel like driving back up to New York for one meal either. Stupid Thanksgiving.”

Nodding in agreement, I lifted a brow and pondered if enjoying a bagel myself was an option. I had yet to realize just how much more time I had in the mornings since I didn't live with Heather anymore. No one was keeping me up til 3 am with random shit. Grabbing a cinnamon-raisin bagel, I tossed it into the toaster.

After a rather nice breakfast, I headed out to my car in my Guitar Central tee and felt rather thankful to be heading to meet the staff of the new store. It had been too long since I worked after having had working two jobs. It was well over due. Placing the key into the ignition, I turned to hear my car turn over in a rather surprising way. Of course I hadn't given the poor car a tune up in a while and it was clear that as soon as I was out of the meeting, I was going directly to a shop. The Mercedes wasn't even riding right as I hopped on 202 and drove towards the new store.

Pulling into the parking lot, I looked at the store's facade and smiled. It looked amazing! Speed bumps snuck up on me out of no where. Bump, BOOM a load kinda trotting sound alerted me to the fact that new tires were going to be added onto my list for the shop. Joy.

“I will be laughing about this in a matter of a few hours.” I told myself while taking long almost meditative breathes. “I will just call a tow truck-” Then I remembered that I didn't even know of any shops in the area.

“Aimee! Sorry this took so long.” Todd the DM shook my hand before taking me on a tour of the place. “We were originally going to do the smaller store here, but the plaza gave us the wrong measurements and as you can see the space was too big.” Nodding my head, I noted how two the the Albany store would have fit inside this one. “But I think this location will have no problem keeping up with the sales figures we have projected to cover the size of the store along with the stock we are selling here.” The massive guitar wall we had passed while he spoke made me forget everything with my car. “This is the entrance to the offices, break-room, and staff lockers.”

Inside, a group of people sat with folded company tees and folders in front of them. “Hey, I'm Bennie, one of your assistant managers. I'll be taking care of the guitar, bass, and amp section.” the taller dark guy introduced me to the people in his department that sat around the table, each with a professional background in music. A couple of them seemed surprised to have me as their boss and after learning they lived in the West Chester area I understood why. I blamed Heather.

Walking out towards the register area, I saw the cashiers were being trained on the system. Seeing Heather among them, I froze. “Todd, were you serious about Heather. You've met her before!”

“She has a great cashier's reseme, and did great in the interview.” The idea of Heather being serious in a profession setting hurt my brain.

After a few hours of work getting my office ready, it was time to call it a day. “Hey Rake!” seeing his hair first, then his jeans, or what was left of them, I knew who it was. “Guess you are giving Clubby a ride today.”

“Looks like you need one too.” motioning to where my poor Mercedes sat I felt defeated. “Was headed over that way anyways.”

Sitting in the back of the car, I searched for shops to call about getting the car fixed. That's when I noticed Rake had driven right past the apartment, staring at some black haired chick that was leaning against the brick wall. “Um, I live there. Where are you going?”

“Bam's. That was Tammy waiting outside and who knows what that crazy bitch is doing there.” Rake took off like a mad man and at the rate he was going I didn't give it long til he got pulled over for it. “Tell Kay to meet us there. That she can't go to the apartment.”

Yeah, didn't think Kay was going to take that advise well. Instead I texted her to go to the supermodel's place until it was safe. Least then I knew she wouldn't really question it.

The driveway at Bam's was full of cars letting us know there was some filming going on. Inside the house, I noticed a couple skate ramps set up and some skaters going to town. “AMES” Bam yelled before jumping off the ramp to hug me. “How did work go?”

“It was rather entertaining.” Walking down to the kitchen, I found Fanna building a massive sandwich. “My car is in bad shape and I got kidnapped here because some Tammy bitch was outside my apartment.”

“Then consider your kidnapping extended.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just when you think you are away from Clubby ...