Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Sorry Ape

(Aimee's POV)

Gathered around the dinning table, I listened to Ape yell at Heather for the previous night's Santa appearance. “So why do I have to sit though this again?” the look Ape gave me told me she was getting to that.

“If you didn't make this a non-child friendly environment then this house would have been ruined! Not mine!” Shrugging I thought the house was fine for kids to see. “I am NEVER getting the flame marks out of the couch.”

I pointed at Heather “I don't control her actions! And this house is fine for kids!”

“Hehee, no it's not and you know it.” Phil chuckled while giving us all some thumbs up. Best Christmas in a long time.”

“I expected so much more from you girls!” Ape spoke while ignoring her husband's encouragement. “The boys would do something like this but-” Heather's evil laughter caused Ape to pause. “I can't believe you ruined a whole holiday!”

“She know Christmas is tomorrow? We didn't really ruin an actual holiday.” Kay asked as Ape walked towards the the stairs to the kitchen mumbling the whole way. “We are still exchanging gifts tomorrow right?”

Nodding I took a sip from my glass of water. As a way of celebrating the holidays, we started drinking the night away until Ape kicked us out. It was a good thing I had brought the Hummer over since everyone literally came back to the house to finish drinking. Bam's flight had been delayed a day and in an hour I had to leave to pick him up. Was going insane in the house without him here harassing the crap out of me. “Yup! Bam should be landing in a little bit so everything should be good to go.” Hiding my excitement for that fact, I stared at Heather who was grinning at me. “What's your issue?”

“Nothing.” Smiling she tore off after Ape for no real reason. Well there probably was one but this was Heather, understanding it meant you were on the same insanity level as her.

Walking away from the stockings on the shelf, Deron smiled from ear to ear. “There's new details everyday in the decorations.”

“This is the longest you have ever been in this house Deron.” Jess chuckled much like his father had before “Willingly.”

Standing at the gates, I watched as another wave of people strolled by with their luggage. Phil and Jess had offered to take the trip, but Kay insisted I had to drop her off on the way and the Margera men dropped the topic. While in the car I attempted to tell her about Chad's feelings but instead she told me in a good twenty different ways how Bam and I were a couple. Now she had each point playing over in my head as I stood there feeling like a moron. A strand of burgundy fell out of my black beenie and it caused me to look at the strain closely. Guess I was doing some hair dying. “Thought you would have sent Jess.” a familiar voice whispered into my ear scaring the shit out of me. I would have jumped if he didn't grab me at the same time. “Is my phone charger in the car it's been dead this whole time.”

Remembering how Ape had been leaving him texts, pictures of the houses, and angry voicemails I shook my head. “Nope. Think you lost it again.” trying not to smile, I lead him out to the Hummer. “We should get back so you can see how Jess decorated your house.”