Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

New Year, New Fight

(Aimee's POV)

My black sequin top sparkled as I twisted back and forth in the bathroom mirror. The back was completely bare and showed off my tattoo perfectly. Even after all the issues I've had with backless shirts in the past, I still couldn't pass up such a cute shirt. It went perfectly with the black skinnys which had sequins in a few places. My redyed burgundy hair was done in slight curls for once with a black satin and sequin bow pulling some to the side to show my new burgundy gauges.

“You almost read-” Standing behind me in the mirror, Bam took in my outfit much like the day of my birthday party. “We have to pick everyone up and get to the note.”

With an already full car, we pulled up to the apartment and saw Kay, her sister Carina, and Amid waiting. Amid wore a white peacoat like coat with dark jeans. Knowing him, a nice shirt was underneath but he wouldn't actually take the coat off. Carina actually wore a blue satin dress which was the same style as Abbey's pink one. Right down to the stones on the side of the tight fitting dress. Even their heels almost matched. In a pair of ripped boot cut jeans, black Converse sneakers, and purple wraparound cardigan, Kay looked far from being in a great mood. Even though she was acting happy, her hair style let me know she could give two shits about coming to the party. It was pulled back by a neatly wrapped bandanna which allowed her bangs to remain in front while her hair remained it's naturally wavy way in the back.

Novak and Chad actually sat way back, Indian-style, while Abbey sat on my lap in the back seat to make room for Kay and Carina. Sitting upfront, Amid looked himself over in the visor mirror. “With everyone in the car, I want to say how happy I am to be in an actual relationship with Apple.” This conversation was getting awkward fast as Bam and Chad stopped talking instantly. “It's an amazing feeling just being able to tell my girlfriend how much I care instead of either moving them into my house to be close to them, or watching them date another guy who is a di-” Chad elbowed Novak quickly as the music got turned up from the driver's seat. I had a feeling what he was trying to do, but it wasn't smart to call out Chad when he was in striking distance.

Reaching the Note, we parked in the back and walked straight inside to the bar. It had been awkward since Novak's speech and liquor would totally solve that. Sitting at opposite ends of the bar, I took in Chad's outfit and then looked to Kay. Giggling, I caused Carina to do the same. “Why are they dressed the same?” she spoke loudly while causing everyone else to look. It was something Carina had been good at the nine years I had known her.

After removing his coat the moment he got to the bar, Chad had relieved a black and purple MJ shirt with a bandana nearly identical to Kay's hanging out of his back pocket. When I looked to kay to make sure it was the same one, I noticed she was fighting the urge to punch her sister in the mouth. “Kay where is Josh? You think he would be here.” Abbey asked softly causing Kay to down her drink and demand a refill. “I'm guessing there's trouble.”

As if Heather knew it was the worst time to show up, she, Dico, Rake and some more people filled in through the door. Kay's drink disappeared again just hearing their voices. “I'm going to walk back.” Grabbing the bottle from the bartender, Kay took off out the door and Chad's face seemed full of defeat.

Wearing an actual dress, Heather chased after Kay to give her a hug and attempt to talk her into saying. “I'll behave!! Look I'm wearing a normal dress!”

While watching the entertainment, I got sidetracked but a fight right behind me. Apparently Novak hadn't learned in the car and continued harassing Chad. He should have known better cause Novak was pinned to the ground getting a beating from Chad. “What the hell?” Jess rushed in to break them up, and I hurried to join him. Didn't want the guitar dork getting arrested for murder. Plus poor Abbey would be a sorta widow. “Go cool off!”

Listening to his bandmate, Chad stepped back. “Maybe he should learn to keep him mouth shut!”

“Help me set up Debbie's stuff!” the stage was still in shambles and seeing as how the band was stuck in traffic from their hotel, I knew it was the perfect distraction to get Chad away from Novak. “It's a good thing they dropped their shit off last night, huh?”

Nodding, I saw the hurt wash over Chad's face again. “Yeah so we can do the hard work for them.”

“Would you rather have them fuck shit up and listen to a crappy set?” I slight smile let me know it was safe to talk about what was really on his mind. “Novak is just trying to push you in the right direction. He doesn't really think about how he phrases it, but he's not trying to hurt you.” Receiving a nod, I passed him Debbie's mic assembly. “No more killing rampages?”

The evil grin on his face made me start to laugh “But it's Novak!”

Playing music over the PA after the band did a quick sound check, I started my ringtone song 'Bitch Came Back' by Theory of a Deadman. By that point it was only me and Chad dancing insanely to the music. Half the song was over when I almost puked in my mouth. Jaimie had showed up and her outfit was the worse I had ever seen it. First off the dress was WAY too short and it showed off legs that were honestly better off hidden away. Then was the fact that it was a neon yellow color with black lace over it. It was all I could really take in. “Ew. Jack Daniels …. CHAD WHERE IS THE BOTTLE!” grabbing said bottle off the stage, I took a long swig and looked at the neon disaster again. Her shoes were the same yellow shoes with a yellow headband in her straightened hair. The piles of make-up on her face was even worse.

Stopping to talk to Bam, Jaimie glance my way and smiled. Soon she strutted my way while Bam's priceless face actually cringed. “Hey! Long time no see!” Pulling me in for a fake hug, I cringed myself. “So you and Bam aren't dating right?”

“I-”

“Course not! I'm getting a drink and then we need to hang out!” spinning on her heels, I was still caught up in her question. How the hell was I suppose to answer that and why was she asking? Jaimie's style was to hook up with the most unknown person around her.

The rest of the night consisted of drinking with Bam on one side and Chad on the other as Ten Year Vamp played on the stage below us. Jaimie had stayed downstairs talking to some blond girl which didn't bother me at all, I could careless. “Alright everyone! It's almost time to start counting down! So grab your drinks!” having a drink of her own, Debbie took a sip and placed it back down.

Motioning towards the bar, Bam asked for drink orders. “Another jack and coke?” Nodding Bam grinned while walking towards the crapload of people huddled around the bar waiting on a new round.

“Ames!” Jaimie had scared the shit out of me. “So no hard feelings about earlier right?!”

Receiving a wink, I looked to Chad. “What the hell is she talking about?”

“She hit on Bam before. Like badly!” It's all Chad had to say before my brain and body went on autopilot. “AMES!”

You would have thought Jaimie would have learned by now not to fuck with me. “TEN, NINE, EIGHT...” By then I had reached Jaimie and her friend. The poor blonde looked scared. “SEVEN, SIX...” tapping her on the shoulder I followed it up with a fist that landed fight between her eyes. “FIVE, FOUR …” Chad had rushed over and was trying to block the kick I landed right to her ribcage. She fell showing off to everyone that underwear was not her style. “THREE, TWO ...” Sighing, I rolled my eyes at Jess who seemed ready to start yelling at me any moment. I instead got pulled into a hug by Bam. “ONE! HAPPY NEW YEAR!”

“You ok babe?” he whispered in my ear before raising my hand to make sure there was no injuries. Of course I was busy trying to make sure I heard him right. “Drink this, it will help.”