Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

The 69 Eyes

(Aimee's POV)

I had been sitting on the couch for almost an hour staring at what was in front of me. Nothing would break my concentration. “WHERE IS HE!” Kay's voice echoed in the large house as she walked in the front door. “BAM MARGERA IS A DEAD MAN! I SAW A FUCKING TRAILER FOR THE SHOW THIS MORNING BEFORE WORK!” After sliding her shoes off, she started down the small hallway. “AND ALL THE CUSTOMERS I HAD TODAY SAW IT TOO!” Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her fuzzy shadow staring at me. “What is wrong?”

“69 Eyes.” Pointing at Jurki and Jussi, I lowered my arm and still processed that one of my favorite bands were in the same house as me. Kay simply sat next to me on the couch and joined my staring.

“Can you say stuff to us?” Kay asked obviously in love with the men just a few feet away. “In Finnish.”

They spoke words with meanings that didn't matter. We didn't even care that the rest of the band and Bam had returned from the kitchen with beer. “What about me being dead?”

“You'll survive, just shut up and let them speak.” waving him to leave, Kay waited for the Finnish men to start speaking again. “Please continue.”

They could have been calling us insane and it wouldn't have mattered. “I have to go to work and I don't even feel like going. Is this reason to call out sick?”

“You are the Store Manager!” Bam pointed out finally getting us to break our eye contact with the men. “Who would you call?”

Walking into the store in my usual work outfit, I was flanked by five Finnish men. They all took off towards random departments and I went to clock in and do the daily paperwork. Thankfully I had a couple weeks of schedules done, all with back up coverage. Preparing the deposit for the bank drop that night, I heard someone bang into the glass wall outside my office. “What Heather?”

“Is that that HIM that came in with you?” Pleading eyes seemed to beg for a 'yes'. “Like Ville just hasn't gotten here yet!”

After making an adjustment so I could watch the camera feed, I looked back up at Heather “I don't know, go ask them.” As giddy as could be, she skipped down the hallway and onto the sales floor where Jussi had been looking over the new drum shipment. Pulling my bag of cookies closer, I watched the events unfold as the rest of the members circled Heather and started yelling at her in Finnish.

Wheeling in his chair, Bennie watched along side of me and stole some of my chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies. “This is good entertainment, but she's a horrible employee.” Neither one of us seemed able or willing to get up and save her. Even when she started screamed into the camera for back-up.

Looking over the schedule I had written for the following week, I shook my head. “I think I'm putting Heather on the morning shift next week. She's more well behaved then.”

“True, mean look at her now.” Bennie pointed to where the band now were shoving Heather back and forth between them all. “She's harassing poor customers. You know she actually asked to be transferred out of the cashier group and into mine.”

“We are going to go get ready for our show in Philly. You are going to be there right?” Jyrki asked with his Finnish accent.

Nodding, I took a drawer from one of the cashiers leaving and gave Heather a new one. “I should be, Bam is going to pick me up after closing and we might just stop for something quick to eat.” Hugging each guy as they left I saw Heather was hiding underneath the counter “I think Heather should come too.”

“NO! I'LL BEHAVE I PROMISE!!” She cried out causing Bennie to almost drop the guitar he had been trying to put back up on the wall.
♠ ♠ ♠
First, anyone reading this 10/25/13 please pretend it's the 26th for me. I just don't want to forget to update tomorrow as I face my evil foe the field mouse who has decided to join us in cohabiting my bedroom. I have a husband and baby already in this room and the mouse is just one creature too many.

I also would like to apologize for my sporadic updating times but when before mentioned baby is hungry, he takes priority over everything. But don't feel bad, i often forget what eating is too.

As an update, one mouse down, hopefully no more left but that means a day of Halloween decorating which still means I would forget to update so this early update has not gone to waste. As an extra side note, yes this is how random my brain works.

Finally I would like to dedicate this chapter to the wonderful Finnish men of the 69 Eyes. Your music has done wonders gentlemen therefore I give you Chapter 69.