Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Viva la Kay

(Kay's POV)

Carina had decided to stay in West Chester for the next two weeks since she wasn't due back to school until the final week of January. It was wonderful having my baby sister around even though every time I was in the same building as Chad she'd raise her eyebrows up in an expectant gesture before smirking and walking away. It was driving me nuts so instead of having my sister's focus on me, I decided to get the camera crew together and pull together a Viva la Bam stunt to include Carina in.

“What's going on?” Bam asked as he walked into the game room of his home.

Chad was playing a game of pool with Novak and Jess while the girls: Carina, Apple, Aimee and I sat on the couches discussing the stunt we were thinking of participating in.

“Who the hell called this meeting?” Bam started next glancing around the room. “Jess?”

The jackass's older brother shook his head and pointed at me. “She did.”

“Hey!”

Bam faced me. He didn't look too happy. “When did you decide you were the host of this show, hmm?”

“Remember when you practically told me I was a part of this show now even if I didn't want to be?” I asked him, snapping back. “Hmm?”

Bam looked irritated, but he didn't retort. He was backed into a corner and he knew it. “Are you going to enlighten us as to why you called the meeting?”

I rolled my eyes. “With Carina here, I figured we could do a stunt.”

At the sound of the word 'stunt', Bam's eyes light up with a renewed fire. “Stunt? What stunt?”

Aimee smiled at Bam's enthusiasm. “We figured Clubby needed to go back to ACME to apologize.”

Bam's eyes widened as dark thoughts passed through his mind. “I love it!” Glancing around, he frowned. “Where is the pirate?”

Aimee pointed to the ceiling. “She and Dico needed a 'private moment.'”

Bam grimaced and Carina laughed at his expression. Turning to me, my sister was definitely excited. “Can I go retrieve them?”

“Feel free. The less I get to see of Heather the better I'll feel.” I told her.

Carina jumped up from the couch she'd been sitting on and took off for the staircase. I could only imagine what she would find when she located Clubby and Dico. Bam took my sister's seat beside Aimee and threw his arm over her shoulders. I watched them out of the corner of my eye. They were adorable together. Though they weren't official, it was clear the two of them cared for one another. My eyes went to Chad as if that was where they belonged. Josh and I hadn't been on good terms for the past few days, ever since the run in before New Year's. I was furious at him for the way he'd acted. I admit I was mad at Chad and myself as well, but for some reason I couldn't find it in my heart to forgive Josh.

Not only had he started a fight with Chad on purpose, but he'd ditched me on New Year's. It was beyond infuriating and I was constantly pondering my sister's words. Was I making a mistake?

“Here we are!” Carina shouted as she came down the stairs, Clubby and Dico following behind. Their clothing was in disarray. It was obvious what had been transpiring before my sister had rudely interrupted them. “Are we set to go?”

The ACME grocery store had signs depicting Heather's image plastered all over the walls. Someone had gotten online and found pictures to put on the “Do not let this person enter” signs. I let out a laugh as I saw how many of them were posted around the entrance to the store. Turning to the group, I looked at Heather.

“I guess they don't want you to come inside.”

The girl frowned as she read one of the signs herself. “That's ridiculous! I did not topple an entire fruit display!”

I glanced at Aimee. She was nodding her head like crazy. A smile formed on my face. “I think it's time you apologized, don't you Heather?”

The crazy woman gave me the nastiest of glares before turning around to stomp into the store. My heart dropped into my stomach knowing I had probably just made a huge mistake. Aimee, Bam and a group of cameramen took off after her while I stood in the parking lot staring. Carina glanced at the store and then me before putting her arm around my waist.

“It's OK, big sister. What could she possibly do now?”

“Don't say that!” I said to my sister just as a large object came crashing through the front store window. Novak and Chad had been standing behind us and at the sight of the glass, they pulled me and Carina behind them.

“What the fuck was that?” Novak asked with his mouth opened wide.

I attempted to glance around the men, but Chad's arm was wound tightly around my shoulders making it difficult. I could see a person stood near the hole that had been put in the window. In the midst of the broken glass was a watermelon smashed to pieces.

“Did she throw a watermelon-” I started to ask, but Chad cut me off.

“It would appear so.” Chad pulled me away from the wreck as the sound of sirens blared around us. The cops were on their way. Novak followed closely with my sister in tow. “We need to get out here... now.”

“What about Ames and Bam?” My sister asked from behind us.

“They're on their own now.” Chad muttered as he unlocked his SUV. We pulled out of the parking lot as the police pulled in. We drove in silence down the roads of West Chester. Novak and my sister sat in the backseat while I was in the front with Chad. No one could say anything. What could possibly be said?

Chad's cell phone rang a few moments later breaking into the silence. Lifting it to his ear, he listened intently to the caller. “Ok fine. Meet us at my house and we'll figure something out.” He paused as the caller said something more. “I know! We'll talk about it later.”

Hanging up, the silence burned me. Unable to keep my mouth shut, I asked, “Who was that?”

“Bam.” Chad answered curtly. “Heather got arrested for vandalizing the store. He and Ames are on the way to my place.”

“What's going to happen to her?” Carina asked next.

Chad sighed. “I don't know. I can only guess that Bam will have to pay the damages and such, but if Heather goes near that place again, she'll be arrested on sight.” He paused then looked at me. “I hope this was the stunt you were looking for.”

The look in his eyes pissed me off. “Don't blame me! Everyone was in on it.”

Chad's features softened. He looked exhausted as he turned back to the road. “And now we're all banned from the store.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I guess it's a good thing Chad doesn't live in West Chester! :p Hope everyone loved the chapter. Things are starting to get crazier and way better so be prepared!