Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Ink

(Aimee's POV)

“So we are retouching your ribs right?” asking while motioning towards them, Bam nodded back at her. “And you had to bring your girlfriend to help you deal with the pain.”

Kat Von Dee passed Bam a smirk before leaving the room. She had set up in her office just to work on my boyfriend's touch up, which left us with a nice relaxing quiet atmosphere. “There is seriously nothing wrong with your tattoo by the way.” Attempting to find the fades in it that he had repeatedly claimed filled the old tattoo, I ran my fingers over it and shrugged.

“What are you talking about? Look right here.” Looking where he pointed, I squinted. Still saw nothing but acted as though I finally spotted the blemishes. “That's what I thought.” Pointing at me as he laid on the table thing, I didn't quite understand why he was pointing but nodded as though I understood.

It's when I heard random 80's metal coming from the main part of the shop and got curious. Hoping up from the chair I had been sitting in, I popped my head out to see a makeshift street band out on the street in front of the shop jamming out. “You should have them play there all the time. Would officially make it the most killer hardcore shop ever.”

Turning towards me Kat had a huge smile on her face. “Totally should.”

It was only a matter of minutes after that we were talking tattoos on the couch, of course while making sure we could watch our unknown band. “I've been wanting a sparrow on the top of my foot with stars and the tail wrapping around going up my leg.”

“Should do a banner with it too.” Kat pulled a clipboard with paper on it over onto her lap and began drawing. “Maybe at the bottom.”

Shrugging it seemed cool. “You are the expert!”

It only took her twenty minutes to draw it up before we were trying to size it up on my right foot. “I seriously want to do this right now!” Kat clapped before setting up another kit at a station. “Bam probably fell asleep anyways!”

Sneaking back to peek into the room, I saw my boyfriend completely passed out on the table. There were even small snores escaping his mouth. It was all the green light I needed to get a new tattoo.

***

“I don't think it works that way though.” Kat spoke in between bites of her salad. “but I wouldn't call the police if they showed up again.”

It had only taken Kat about an hour and a half to complete the tattoo and dinner was required before waking Bam up for his tattoo. “It's messed up that the police made them shut it down today though. They weren't killing anyone.”

“That's LAPD for you.” Seeing her stare at the cafe's entrance, I turned in my chair and saw what was coming our way. “You look like hell.”

“You left me sleeping on that table.” Running a hand through his messy hair, Bam sat next to me and looked at my chicken wrap. “How long was I out- WHAT happened to your leg!?”

Looking down to figure out what he was talking about, I remembered our tattoo time. “Umm- Kat dropped her machine and it landed on my leg. So she fixed it.”

“No bad tattoos leave my shop.” Kat added in my defense. “Accident or not.”

“Are you ok though?” Concern filled his features causing me to feel like an asshole.

Putting my wrap down, I lifted my leg up so he could look under the bandage. “I'll survive.”

“It's really good though. Why is the banner empty?” Carefully resealing the gauze, I took my foot from his hand.

“Didn't know what to put in it so it will be completed later.” Rolling her eyes, Kat acted as though Bam should have known.
♠ ♠ ♠
At this time I would like to announce the soon to be passing of the laptop affectionately named Jessica. She is survived by her older sister Missy who is currently in a laptop retirement home known as 'somewhere in my room'. Jessica's family request that no sympathy cards or flowers be sent at this time and funeral arrangements are not being released at this time.
Jessica MSI X400, beloved laptop. R.I.P.

PS, updating from my Kindle so if there are typos please excuse them.