Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Why Me?

(Aimee's POV)

Raking fingers through my burgundy locks, I walked in my yoga shorts from the bedroom towards the general area of the kitchen. My foot tattoo was starting to dry up but in order to remember where I had drunkenly thrown the lotion last night, I needed to think. Hanna had spoken and I'd thrown the closest thing near me. Where we were in the house though was a mystery. A sigh escaped me as I looked at the first set of stairs. It was going to be a long day, I just had a feeling.

Reaching the kitchen, I first moved towards the coffee maker with all the speed I could muster up. Turning it on, I tapped my foot waiting for the hot water to heat up.

“Can I talk to you about something?”

Used to people randomly being in the house, I didn't jump right away. But turning around to see someone sitting at the counter when no one was there when I entered the room, I was bugged out.

“I had a weird night last night.” Chad played with his phone and slowly looked up at me with pleading eyes. “I think I pulled a Novak.”

“Pulled a Novak?” Coffee please hurry up so I can understand things. “What's that?”

“When you hook up with a random bitch while shitfaced and can't even remember if you really did hook up.” Passing him the first cup of coffee that came out of the machine, I had a feeling he was really going to need it. “Thanks.”

Grabbing the second cup, I leaned on the counter while taking my first sip. “I'm assuming there was a reason for you to get Novak wasted.”

“Kay's avoiding me.”

I really didn't blame her. At that point I wanted to avoid him, find the lotion for my foot and go back to sleep for a couple days. “So because anti-social Kay is avoiding you, a bender was in order without calling me ahead of time?”

“Yup!”

Downing the coffee, I glanced at the bread drawer and wondered if there was a possibility of a bagel surviving after a night of everyone drinking. The weirdest foods always vanished when it was drinking time in the house. Nearly tossing myself from the seat, I wandered in the general direction of the bagels.

“It gets worse though.”

Nodding at the guitarist, I placed my hand on the handle of the bread box and waited for him to continue before opening it.

“I hooked up with the worst person I had ever been with.”

“Someone I know?” Not really caring to know, I opened the drawer and reached in. Feeling the bagel bag, I retrieved one and threw the bag back in. “Or total random bitch?”

I started prying the pre-sliced bagel open.

“Jaimie.”

That moment the bagel flew from my hands and landed on the ground. I was too busy staring at Chad to realize my hands were empty.

“How wasted were you?”

Picking the bagel up, Chad glanced at it before placing it into the toaster. “Black out wasted.”

“Obviously.” The image of Chad and Jaimie rolled though my mind causing me to gag. “I thought you never blacked out.”

“Always a first for everything.” The mad man stared at the toaster as if willing it to work faster. “Took a shower for a good two hours when I got here.”

Confusion swept over me. “How long have you been here?”

“Ever since I left Jaimie's.” He spoke this as though I should have known.

Grabbing for another bagel, I felt something weird in the drawer instead. “Would get every STD test humanly possible done... like as soon as possible.” Pulling out the plastic feeling object out, I pointed it at the guitarist without looking at it. “And obviously don't ever tell Kay if you EVER wish to have a chance with her.”

Chad nodded before staring at the object in my hand. “Why was there lotion in the bagel drawer?”

“I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS!!!”