Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Metal Insomnia

(Aimee's POV)

If I opened my eyes to see it was still 3:29 AM, I was going to go completely insane. It had been that time for what seemed like an hour. I just could not take laying here as soft snores from Bam teased my fully awake brain. A chuckle and muttering from the fully asleep jerk caused my blood to begin boiling. Tossing the blankets violently off my body, cold air started to cause goosebumps to form. Sliding on my fuzzy Playboy Bunny pajama bottoms on over my panties and a stolen Element hoodie over my tank top, I strolled out of the room and stared down the cable box. It showed the time as 3:31.

Heading down to the kitchen, I began cleaning up the dishes from the Sheppard's Pie I had made for dinner. As usual, the meal had turned from the two of us eating a meal alone into a huge group fighting over whatever was left of it. I took it as a huge compliment that they loved my cooking, but one night alone would have been amazing. Maybe I had to put the word out that Kay was making meatloaf and everyone would go there for once.

Scrubbing the bowl, I actually got mad when it started to clean easily. I was going to have to find something else to do. What, I had no idea, but I was going to have to come up with something. I would detail the Mercedes, but something didn't seem sane about cleaning out the car in jammes, in the freezing weather, at almost 4 in the morning.

Placing the overly clean bowl in the drying rack, I looked around for something else to do. Spotting my empty cake stand display, I began to check for the proper ingredients. Pulling the flour container from the pantry, I almost cried. It was completely empty and no stores were open for me to get more. Giving up, I put everything away and started heading upstairs. That is when I saw it.

Running my hand over the guitar I hadn't really played in a while, I smiled. I could do my shuffle challenge. Reaching the iPod dock, I took my iPod and hooked it up through my amp. Then placing head phones on my head, I shook the small device and looked at the song that appeared on the screen. 'Of Wolf and Man' was one of my favorite Metallica songs. Playing along to the song, a smile formed on my face. It was as though I had reunited with a long lost friend.

With my manager duties at Guitar Central, there was little time for me to play at work as I normally did, and hanging out on the floor was not really working anymore since more and more customers would stop and stare at me. When we were filming Viva La Bam episodes, none of us girls really realized what the consequences were. Most days, I did the office paper work during the day and came out during closing when the store was less busy. It kept the store running more efficiently that way. Well when I was actually there.

Getting ready for the next song to come on, I rolled my neck in an attempt to loosen the tense feeling.

I thought I had heard something faintly outsides Assuming it was deer or something, I began the next shuffled song. The Motley Crue song wasn't one I had really played before so I tried my best to figure it out as I went. Reaching the chorus, I stopped playing and looked around. I could have sworn someone was watching me. There was an eerie vibe in the room. My iPod continued to play 'Wild Side' as I lowered the headphones off and strained my ears.

“Every chord was fucked up.” Chad rounded the couch and collapsed next to me.

Looking at him in disbelief, I couldn't believe he was still on this 'Novie Style' bender. But then again, he probably had to drink to chase the image of Jaimie naked away.

“If you are so good then grab a guitar smart ass.” Motioning towards the other guitars, the drunk moved his eyes towards them, thought about it, and got up to grab one.

“This is how it really goes.”