Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Stupid

(Chad's POV)

The cell phone was ringing... again. The sound of my favorite song was making me want to punch a hole in the wall... or maybe use my head instead of a fist. Once silence filled the house once more, I lifted the phone in my hand. It was a phone number I didn't know, but after the past few days, I'd memorized it. After I'd accidentally answered it the first day it rang, I now knew not to do it again.

Jaimie, I wasn't sure how, had gotten my cell phone number and had taken it upon herself to call me every day, at different intervals as if she could catch me off guard and I'd unsuspectingly answer it. I had taken to turning the phone completely off during the night hours since she'd called one morning at 2am. I'd been beyond pissed at that point.

I had my ideas as to who had given her my number, but since I couldn't prove it, I kept my mouth shut. Bam had enough to worry about with Tammy's drama, I didn't want to add another issue to it. On top of it all, Deron and Jess had begun to be super protective of Kay which made it nearly impossible to get a hold of her. I didn't get it seeing as last I heard, she'd broken up with Josh.

I knew Kay needed her time to figure things out, but I hated waiting for something I wanted. She was the only person I could see myself with in the future. She was the only person I wanted. I hated not being able to have her let alone speak to her.

Grumbling to myself, I decided I needed to get out of the house. I was going stir crazy and all of this thinking wasn't good on my brain... or something along those lines.

I took the truck into town hoping to drink myself into oblivion. Which probably wasn't a good idea considering the stupid shit I did when wasted, but it would be the only thing to keep me from thinking.

John & Peter's was too high profile now. Ever since I'd mention it a few times on Radio Bam, people would randomly show up to see if they could run into me or the other guys. I hadn't been to Triumph in a while and decided it was too early for the place to be too packed.

Taking a seat at the bar, I glanced around for any familiar faces. I'd lived in New Hope for a very long time now, but I'd made few friends in the town. Lifting the Guinness to my lips, I prayed no one would bother me. The thick, cold brew slid down my throat easily and I felt a shudder go through my body as the alcohol chilled me. The after taste stayed on my tongue as I set the glass down and gazed at the top shelf liquor. There were a few different things I'd been considering and deciding to try them all that night, I pulled out my phone to check my messages.

I had one from Bam asking me to coordinate a new episode of Radio Bam. There was one from Deron questioning me on what my plans were for the new album. And then there was one from Jaimie.

Why won't you answer? I thought we had a great time and I wanna meet up again. Text me!

I cringed at the thought of what we'd done... or not. I wasn't entirely sure what had happened that night. It might have been a small blessing. Not remembering means I could forget it ever took place. That thought made me smile a little. Yeah, it never happened. I liked the sound of that.

“What's got you so happy?” A female voice asked from beside me.

I swung my gaze from the liquor bottles to the dark haired woman who now sat beside me. She wore a backless shirt that displayed as much skin as she could get away with in a bar such as this. Her long black hair was pulled over one shoulder so it wouldn't inhibit the view of her back. She wore too much makeup for her age, but she still looked hot... if you were into Bam's leftovers.

“Tammy... What brings you to this side of town?” I sneered in her direction. “Is that retraining order Bam got against you hurting your chances of a reunion?”

Tammy glared at me. “I'm sorry, Chad. Is someone feeling left out? Is that why you're all the way up here at a bar... alone?”

I refused to answer and stared at the liquor again. Maybe if I wished she wasn't there...

“Did I hear that the girl you wanna be with is stringing you along?” Tammy smiled sweetly in my direction and though I could see it out of the corner of my eye, I ignored her all the same.

Tammy was relentless.

“Or maybe it's because she doesn't really want you at all and is just using you?”

I turned to face her with anger displayed clearly on my face. “Where the fuck did you hear that shit?”

A smirk crossed her face. “I have my secrets.”

The cell phone rang again and grabbing it, I glanced at the caller ID. It was Jaimie's number. Torn between answering it to avoid Tammy and forgetting Jaimie completely, I did the only thing a cornered man could do. I left.

As I made it to the door, Tammy called out, “Good luck Chad! You're gonna need it.”

God was I stupid for going out in the first place.