Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Shenanigans

(Clubby's POV)

“When were you going to tell me this?!” I shouted at Ames as she mixed a batch of cookies in a huge bowl April had 'lent' her. She had just been talking on the phone to Kay about her new bank job and this was the first I heard anything about it.

My close friend's ice blue eyes glanced at me warily. She was always unsure of my reactions like the rest of our friends, but she had also lived with me for a while. She knew things about me the others didn't. “Don't start your shenanigans, Heather.”

With an expression of pure innocence on my face, I said, “Shenanigans? I have no idea what you're talking about.”

Aimee rolled her eyes and reached into the closet for a cookie sheet. While she wasn't looking, I stuck a finger into the raw dough and took a chunk of it. I shoved it into my mouth before placing my hands behind my back. My friend turned around and placing the sheets beside the bowl, glanced at me suspiciously.

“What did you do now?” She asked as if it were the only logical thing to say.

Trying to speak around the dough in my mouth, I said, “Why do you assume the worst?”

She didn't say anything else, but I had a feeling I was in trouble and hadn't even done anything yet. Instead, she was berating me as if I had just robbed a bank. The thought crossed my head and I considered it for a moment. Too risky.

“Because it's you, Heather.” Aimee said as if it meant anything to me. “When you act sweet and innocent, you tend to be plotting something terrible in that head of yours.”

A smile lit up my face. “I promise I'm not planning anything.”

“I don't believe you.”

I didn't get the chance to respond. The door that entered into the kitchen opened to reveal my crazy fun boyfriend and his alter ego, Jimmy. At the sight of Bran, my smile became true.

“Hey ho!” He called out at the sight of me and my friend.

Hopping over to his side, I leaned over and kissed him on his cheek. Smiling a silly grin, he glanced down at me before wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pulling me into him. I gasped out a laugh before allowing my attention to return to Aimee. Jimmy had found the raw cookie dough and was attempting to dislodge it from Ames' hands. Aimee, armed with a spatula, was swatting the lead singer of the Bloodhound Gang with it.

At the distraction, I grabbed Brandon's hand and pulled him away from the craziness that was about to ensue. As much as I'd have liked to join in on it, I had a more pressing matter to attend to.

“Babe- Jimmy was just getting the upper hand...”

Putting a finger to my lips, our code for plotting something terrible, he smirked and followed me to the pirate bar without another word. Once I was sure Aimee couldn't hear us over the shouts of Jimmy Pop, I turned to my boyfriend with excitement in my eyes.

“What's going on in that beautifully evil head of yours?” Brandon asked, his smile still prominent on his face.

Clasping my hands together, I fought with the words I wanted to say. “We're going to rob a bank!”

Brandon's eyes crinkled in confusion. “Rob a bank?”

“Well...” Putting a finger to my chin in thought, I continued, “Not really rob a bank. Just pretend to.”

“Where did you want to do this?”

“Just found out Kay works at a bank down the road from her apartment. I can't believe she didn't tell me...”

Brandon didn't say anything, but the smile said it all. She didn't want me knowing because of things like this.

Oh well.

“So you want to dress up like robbers...” Brandon started for me. The smile on his face wasn't going anywhere anytime soon and I knew he was getting excited just thinking of Kay's reaction when we walked in.

“Yup! I'll go in and withdraw money, all the while in the uniform of robbers everywhere, and then run out like I just robbed them! Kay will hate me, but she'll get over it.” I waited while my boyfriend thought this over.

“I like it. We need an accomplice though.”

Jimmy's voice rang out through the house and I watched as he ran out the door with his prize: the bowl of raw cookie dough. Aimee was at his heels with the spatula still in her grip.

“Found him.” I said with a giggle. Jimmy would love this idea.

“What are the two of you doing?”

Jess was standing behind the pirate bar holding a beer looking at us as if he just caught us plotting something. Oh wait...

“Nothing!” Brandon and I said in unison.

Jess didn't look like he believed a word coming out of our mouths. Instead of responding, he left with the bottle of beer and didn't even look back. I looked at Brandon questioningly and all he could do was shrug. I smiled and decided to search the kitchen for leftover dough.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to do a chapter from the crazy one's point of view. Hope everyone enjoyed it!