Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

The New Drummer

(Aimee's POV)

At about 10 PM, I was snuggled in bed and completely passed out. It was amazing after a good two weeks of insomnia to completely pass out. Had been borderline ready to buy sleep aid pills. Mean I didn't even fully wake up when Bam came to bed looking for sex before he went out bar hopping with Novak. The sleep was amazing.

The sound of someone going up and down the stairs had woke me, but instead of leaving the bed, I tossed my iPod's earplugs in and blared some Eagles music. Dozing back off, I got comfy and pulled the blankets around me as I laid on my stomach. Sleep slowly started taking over me as something broke though my peaceful state.

It was the sound of someone literally killing a drum set.

With a grumble, I pushed myself up and tossed the iPod back on the bed. The drummer actually sounded even worse once the sound wasn't blocked by earbuds. Stomping to the door, I pulled it open to find Clubby smiling up from one of Jess' old kits. “Look what I found!”

“I heard it.” Rubbing my temple, I knew some aspirin and/or booze was going to be needed for me to fall back asleep.

Going back to her made up rhythm I had to admit it wasn't half bad. Just would have sounded better if she controlled the strength of each hit. “I think it's my new calling.”

“You play anymore tonight and I'll throw your ass over the railing.”

I stepped back in the room and locked the door behind me. It was just in time as Heather started twisting the handle and screamed to be let in. “I NEED SOMEWHERE SAFE TO SLEEP! THE DRUNKS ARE HOME!” Banging on the door started as the guys voices got louder. They had been singing an old CKY song completely fucked up. Then the banging stopped. “Wait, they have RUM!” Heather ran down the stairs and I collapsed onto the bed.

After a nice relaxing shower and getting dressed for the day, I did my hair and make-up. The cameras had been rolling randomly for the show so I made sure to always be prepared for it. I checked myself in the mirror one more time before walking down to the kitchen to make my much needed coffee. On the way I had passed several bodies belonging to people who must have met up with them at some point. Rake and Dico laid across the couches and Novak was set up in one of the lounge chairs. Chad looked nearly dead as he slept in a recliner, mouth open and bottle of Jim next to him. Right before I walked down I spotted Heather on the pool table with a bunch of our clean laundry acting as a mattress. My winter coat was her pillow while a folded table cloth was her blanket.

Standing at the coffee machine already, Bam chatted on my cell until an evil smirk filled his face. “Ok, thanks Kay.” Clicking a button on the screen, he placed the phone on the counter then faced me. “I have to go to Chad's tell him my opening idea for the St. Pats show. Carina is moving down.”

Confusion hit me like a ton of bricks. Not only was Chad upstairs, but what did Carina have to do with anything? “Wait- why is she moving down her?”

“College.” Oh that's right, she had applied to West Chester University. Still the rest made no sense. “Here, take my cup, I'm going to grab coffee on the way.”

Placing a warm jacket on, Bam gave me a quick kiss goodbye and took off. Moments later, Chad walked down and took the coffee mug and started drinking it. Oops forgot to say anything.

“Ames, the camera crew is upstairs waiting for Bam.” Oh this was ironic as fuck. “Where is he?”

Smiling, I waved hi to DeVito as he walked in and waved back. “He's going to your house to tell you about some idea he has for the St. Pats show. Forgot to tell him you were upstairs.”

“So he's driving 45 minutes for no reason?” Seeing Chad point at Bam's phone he forgot on the island, I giggled. “Sucks to be him.”

DeVito finally joined the conversation. “So what are we filming then? Bam said he had a secret plan.”

Attempting to think on my toes without coffee, I thankfully realized Heather was coming down the stairs providing the perfect inspiration. She had ruined my house work, now I could ruin someone else's. “You can follow us as we help Ape clean.”

Chad stared at Heather and shook his head. “Poor Ape.”

“Wait!” The pirate drummer realized the plan a few minutes late. “I don't clean!”

“That's the point.”