Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Snow Problems

(Aimee's POV)

The snow was still coming down for hours after Bam told us about this opening for CKY bullshit. Of course Kay and I would turn this into our favor once we hammered out some details. Kay had stopped writing our different line-up options and turned to drawing little scribbles on the side of the page. “I think we should stick to an all girl line up. I mean we have both guitar and bass handled.”

“You have played bass only a handful of times- all while shitfaced.” The point just reflected right off of her. “It is St. Pats so you will probably be wasted enough to pull it off.”

Rolling her eyes, Kay stopped drawing and returned to writing another line-up choice. “Duh, so like a said, you on guitar, me on bass. Then put the newest drummer on drums-”

“HEATHER!” Rubbing my head I didn't think she was anywhere near ready for a stage. The bigger of an audience she had, the more she acted up. Take the Turbonegro show on my birthday as an example.

“You said she wasn't half bad.” Kay pointed out while literally pointing the pen at me.

Raising a brow, I shook my head. “I didn't say she was half good either.”

“Least the guys will never ask us to play again.” Kay wrote Clubby on the 'Drummer' line.

“Clubby's perfect. But who will sing?” If she said me again I was going to kill someone. Finally looking on the paper again, I saw her sister's name. “And you are going to talk her into this how? Is she even going to be coming down here for St. Pats?”

Kay nodded while she started writing down song titles to cover. “She's doing some paperwork that week so it works out perfectly. “

A loud bang that sounded almost like gunfire echoed in the house. Jumping from the bed, I led us out of the room just as another loud bang greeted us on the balcony. “Why did we ever buy these?” Bam's voice spoke in a whisper as if trying not to disturb our work. It was kinda late for that. “Can't believe you grabbed these, but left the good shit in the shed.”

Glancing into the living room, I saw Novak was still covered in snow as they dropped the next firecracker into a metal garbage pail at their feet. “I'm assuming there's a reason Novak had to go that far to get firecrackers.” Kay looked between the two of them as they thought. “Well?!”

As a form of an answer, Bam dropped another lit firecracker into the pail. Then the two did some jumping, chest-bumping, high-five thing. Unsure of what I saw, I looked to Kay to see my confusion was shared. “I think we need to venture out for coffee.”

Only minutes later, we had the Mercedes, of all the cars in the driveway, cleared off and warmed up. Getting in and placing my seat belt on, I tapped the gas and felt the rear-wheel drive car shift.

(Bam's POV)

Laying out the rest of my fireworks on the coffee table that Novak carefully cleared off, I plotted how to use each one to its maximum potential. Holding a firecracker in one hand, extra fuse in the other and seeing the home improvement junk mail on the floor caused a smirk to appear on my face. Vito had disappeared for too long and needed to be punished. He had an excuse every time I had invited him over to meet Aimee. Was as if someone had warned him...

Unless he had watched the show lately. Then it was enough of a warning on it's own.

BANG

“What the hell was that?” Novak had jumped just before running towards the front door. “BAM- IT'S THE GIRLS!”

My heart sank as I stumbled on numb limbs to get outside. If I hadn't already been wearing boots, I would have been running out barefoot. Tire marks had led from the garage down to where I saw Novak ripping open the driver side door like he had been a fireman all his life or something. Running through the snow, I nearly fell a couple times but managed to reach the car just as the girls started laughing at their hero.

“I can get out on my own.” Her voice relaxed every muscle that had tensed at the thought of them being hurt.

Kay had jumped into the backseat and was already exiting the car shoving Novak off while still cracking up. She instantly ran around to the passenger side and laughed even louder. “Ames, you have to come see this!”

Not laughing anymore, Ames shook her head. “I don't want to know.” Looking to me I realized the situation had finally settled in her head. “Can we borrow the Hummer now?”

“ARE YOU KIDDING?!?! Why would I let you idiots attempt death again!” Novak was actually pissed off. “Get your asses inside before I beat the shit out of you!” He began shooing them back towards the house like a crazed mother hen.

Resorting to drinking the boredom away, Novak and I watched as Ames shared her bartending secrets with Kay. We did our part by playing the patrons drinking whatever was passed our way. After running out of glasses we had started drinking out of mugs or whatever else the girls had found to drink out of.

“Add the orange peel and done.” A modified screwdriver was pushed to Novak who lifted the flower vase and drank as if he used vases as glassware on a daily basis.

“You should do this at the Note. Vase and all.”