Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

What to Do?

(Aimee's POV)

“I'm still in complete shock.” Kay muttered for the millionth time since she came over. Rolling a cue ball back and forth, she had been lost in the activity the whole twenty minutes we had been sitting on the pool table. Of course Heather had been the one to suggest sitting on it, said it's where she sits and feels relaxed. “I just can't believe it!”

“You should do what we do!” Heather cheered as if she had been replaced with a valley girl. “Like we could be a bar bound trio!”

Kay looked at me, searching for an explanation. “You guys go drinking instead of working?”

“We got fired weeks ago!” Heather batted her hand at Kay as if it had been nothing. As if us getting fired wasn't a big thing.

Kay looked between the both of us, getting more skeptical with each look. “Explains a lot, but I don't understand how this hasn't driven you insane! I've been unemployed for a day and feel like I'm going to loose it.” As if on cue, Bam had walked through the door with Jeff Tremaine right behind him. The director stopped and stared at the three of us sitting on the pool table before shaking his head and catching up with Bam who had been so in depth with his episode concept that he didn't even notice.

“How am I going to pay my bills? Between rent, and my car payment, and insurance, and gas to find a new job!!” Continuing her list, Kay started counting each item on her fingers. I had honestly zoned out for a little bit of it simply because there was a solution to it all but she would have to be patient. “Not to mention I need to do food shopping! I'm only going to survive a few weeks!!!”

Heather rolled her eyes. “WE get our MTV checks soon! Relax!”

There was a few minutes of silence which allowed me the chance to listen in on the conversation down in the kitchen. Call me crazy but when your boyfriend is planning out episodes that you get dragged into, it is good to have a head's up.

“But what if the checks don't come in?”

The two of them were going to drive me to smash my head into a wall or something! They were acting polar opposite of each other and it was driving me insane. I would like to feel I was handling it all remotely alright. Yes I was upset about losing my job under the circumstances it happened and I was worried about having my own money. I worried about becoming a burden on Bam financially, but whenever I voiced that concern I would get threatened by Jess. He would just say I didn't come close to spending what others had in the past.

That and if I complained then Jess would get cut off.

Ignoring the argument over being on the show qualifying as a job, I rubbed my temple. Why wasn't I so laid back about all of it? Any women in my position would have been ecstatic to kick her feet up and spend someone else's money. They would be booking weekly spa treatments and downing expensive wines. Thinking about it though I must say, Jack Daniels isn't all that cheap.

Then something clicked in my head. It was caused by Heather stating that Dico was a reliable character witness for... something. Maybe the difference in our outlook on the recent events in our careers was due to our relationship status. Heather had Dico to take her mind off things, as if she really had her mind on anything but costumes and video games. And Bam kept me more than busy with filming and just random trips. Kay though didn't have that and it instantly reminded me of the castle ghost who seemed to need something at home to keep him there. If I woke up one more time to a drunken Chad hiding in the shadows there would be a murder.

“I can't just sit home and think about how to fix this!” Kay started blowing up and seemed ready to lunge at Heather. “I NEED a job!”

Heather only smirked not giving a shit about Kay's level of anger. She knew she had pushed her further in the past. “It's ok, I have a plan.” Looking as serious as I had ever seen her I chuckled. It was going to be something stupid. “I can be Bam's Personal Unwanted Assistant's Assistant.”

Kay glared at her knowing there was no way she would be able to continue fighting with her. Slowly she began to smile and looked at me. “She does know it would make her Novak's assistant right?”

“Least she had the unwanted part right.” Shrugging I looked to Kay after shaking my head at the now fake crying moron. “And the checks come in next week. I had to send the paperwork to Jeff a week ago, trust me, you won't have to worry about your rent for a few months.” Her green eyes relaxed a bit. “Now, lets figure out what we are wearing for this St. Pats show.”

Jumping up, Heather caused the pool table to crash to the floor and send us flying. By the rushing of men up the stairs it was clear it had been a loud crash at that. “I want to dress up like an Irish looking Animal drummer!” Heather got back on her feet as Kay and I remained on the ground. “Like from the Muppets!”