Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Impersonating a Serial Killer

(Aimee's POV)

“I could KILL something!” Barreling into the room, I rolled my eyes at the vampire. Duh- of course he wanted to kill things, kinda in the job description. “Correct that! SOMEONE!”

Not being surprised, I went back to my Simpsons 'Tapped Out' game on my Kindle. The damn thing had become addictive.

“I'm being serious!” Not sure why he was yelling, I looked towards my boyfriend and saw he hadn't even looked up from his laptop. Bam was figuring out a schedule for the rest of his commitments for MTV and lining up everything so he could see a couple concerts. “Why don't you care?”

“Chad, you always want to kill someone.” Bam muttered, eyes still glued on the screen in front of him.

A few moments of silence followed, I had almost gotten lost in the game again. “I have to find a new bass player. We kicked Deis out of the band.” Looking up from the tablet, I stared him down. “What?”

“Thought you kicked him out a while ago.” Rubbing my head, I hoped I wouldn't get a headache from this bullshit. “Besides you have the other Matty too, so stop being a moron.”

Realization seemed to have hit Chad. “Oh yeah.”

We had to change the code at the gate. Just the day before Novak had come in bitching that he lost his favorite sunglasses... with the glasses on the top of his head.

“But now I have to fix issues with the record company, have someone fix the website, and a half of a millions other things!” Chad exploded finally causing Bam to close the laptop.

Watching Chad start to pace the room, I shook my head. “Maybe you should go back in time and never hire him in the first place.”

Chad's pacing had continued for a while. I was able to down a good three cups of coffee and even managed to eat some lunch. “So wise-ass- I want to see you play some fucking CKY shit.”

Thinking he was talking to Bam, who had spent the day mocking Chad, I ignored them and worked on a doodle I had been making. I was in need for new ink and I knew Kat was planning a girls day visit soon. It was an anchor to go on my other foot until Chad slammed his fist onto the table. “Tell me your kidding right now!”

“I want to see you play some of Deron's parts.” Toying with the idea of flipping him off and attempting to fix my drawing, I realized something.

He had challenged me and I am not one to turn a challenge down. Especially not when it comes to playing. “In order to play like Der I have to get in the zone.”

(Jess' POV)

“I haven't been over there in a while.” Uncle Matt Cole spat out before shoving more of his Big Mac in his mouth. Don't know how many times I had warned him that eating before going to Bam's was a waste anymore. There is always leftovers, well as long as you get there first.

Plus I had heard from Novak that there had been Lasagna the night before. Was the main reason I had pushed for the trip to the castle. “You have missed a lot of good food- and it's a better atmosphere too.” I mean there was always baking going on so every time I went there I could smell cookies, cakes, pies, and so many more goodies. No wonder I had gained a little weight.

Putting the code into the box at the gate, I waited for the doors to open. “Ape's number one thing was that she wasn't a whore-like type and is more of a serious person than Bam's past chicks.”

He was talking about Ames? Spotting Chad's SUV in it's usual spot, which ironically is the same spot Kay parks in, I looked to my uncle. “Oh by the way we are out another bass player.”

“Am I supposed to be surprised?” He was asking legit.

Walking in the fastest way to the kitchen, I saw Chad had his guitar and Bam smirking near by. Guess Shitbirdz was going to see how serious the girls were. Began wondering if the man had lost his cable again because millions Viva La Bam fans knew better. Opening the fridge I found that someone had beat me to my favorite Italian dish.

“It's in the oven Jess. Relax!” Bam shouted over the guitar causing Chad to throw him a threatening look. “But since you're over there pass me a beer.”

I had joined Bam on the couch as footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs. I didn't need to look to know it was something comical. Shitbirdz jaw had dropped as he stared from the lounge chair across from the couch. “I need a diet coke!” Finally looking towards the voice I spat out a bit of my beer while attempting to hold my laugh back. “Fountain soda so someone go to the WaWa.”

Ames had on one of my brother's old torn up CKY shirts, loose jeans that could have been Bam's as well and a pair of Adios. A blond wavy wig covered her burgundy hair and it looked like it had gone through hell. Looking closer I noticed she even took off the two top strings just like Deron. If he saw this he would have probably been flattered. Everything she and Kay did made him proud.

“I need my god damn SODA!” The last bit came out as a growl that finally broke Bam into full blown laughter. Myself and the Shitz were right behind him as she attempted to fan her hair back.