Status: This is new, I'm not sure where it is going but comments help!

Enemies

Chapter 1

Chapter 1
They were watching him.

He was sure of it as he peeked out the heavy red curtains. ‘Course it could only be his “Disability” everyone said he had. His…paranoia. The word made him sick. He wasn’t paranoid…there! They glanced up! He was being watched….

***


Sean P. Genrose was a very rich man. He was rich enough to stay out of trouble but he seemed to thrive on making a mockery of himself. Everyone called him a fool, crazy, perhaps even insane. But no one was brave- or stupid- enough to utter it to his face…Sean wasn’t a cruel man. No. He was quiet and pensive, a man deep in thought or seemly depressed. But that wasn’t it at all. Only one person got know the Insane Sean Genrose and that was Elaine. It all started with a really, really, bad day.

***


“Hey! Hey!”

Elaine purposely turned to her mailbox away from the waving neighbor. It almost seemed like the middle aged woman was stalking her; borrowing eggs, asking for a phone book, and just being plain…nosey! So you can imagine Elaine wanted to shove her head into her mailbox.

“I came by earlier but you weren’t there…” the blonde waited for an answer as if she owed one every time evaded the nosey neighbor.

Elaine kept silent just hoping she would go away. Maybe if I can make a run for it… but her house was on the other side of the woman.

“…Well, I just wanted to say the mailman left this on your step…” she held out a brown envelope. Strange since Elaine hadn’t set up her new mailing address yet she snatched it out of the her hand.

“you really shouldn’t leave the house if your expecting something, or someone…Like when I came by early I had made a really beautiful cake and I was hoping you would help me and the kids-”

But Elaine wasn’t listening, “That sounds nice, Jenny” she muttered and made the quick escape to her house.

“Oh well…Don’t be a stranger!” Jenny called out.

Once inside Elaine could breathe again knowing she was in the safe zone. No nosy neighbors. And practically deflated when she sat on the couch.

To: Elaine Webby

From: Valley Rose, Fl


And Then she couldn’t breath again.

Elaine- when she had moved- cut all contact with family, friends, co-workers. At least she tried to....
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is kinda knew...I've only ever wrote mini stories on my phone and this was done on a computer (much faster! :D )

I hope I can turn this into something some people would like to read.

Please leave your thought's :)