Status: This is new, I'm not sure where it is going but comments help!

Enemies

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

As her glazed eyes ran over the words she just read more slowly, hoping what she was seeing was all just a misunderstanding. But no, it was clear and to the point in her cousins writing.

Dear Elle...or is it Ms.Webby now?

I hope you still remember us from your brief childhood here. It seems like you grew up and left faster then old May. but she still came back the next summer...you remember that don't you? Her face all dirty and pride all broken...she was a whole person when she came back!
Elaine could feel where the writer had stopped, pausing to remember the main subject. I'm sure your wondering how I found you, or why I'm writing in the first place...Well Kitty, momma is sick, I mean real sick. We don't know how long she will hold on to her rope and she won't rest in peace without seein' everyone. We all chipped in for a plain ticket. you can see its only one way but we were hoping you would stay awhile.

With many stories still to tell,
Old max.


It was hard just to sit and hold the letter much less read it. There was a reason she couldn't go back...

Momma is the exeption.

***


Sean was currently in the middle of tormenting his new "caretaker" about the Daisy's.

"Well, why can't you grow them up there?" Sean waited for a perfectly good explanation as to why Daisy's can't grow on the roof.

The caretaker twisted his hat, "Its just not done, Sir!"

"Is that so? huh...Do you have any lilacs then?" Smiled Sean.

The caretaker shook his head.

"Good, I hate lilacs." he then lean forward as if to whisper a secret, "The little men seem to hate them too."

the Caretaker scratched his head, "..Little Men, Sir?"

"The pixies! Why! don't you see them?" his eyes got wider as if he was the person talking about Daisy's on the roof.

"Ah..." The man seemed to not know what to do.

but Mary came to his rescue from across the yard, "Mr.Genrose! Guess what time it is."

Sean held up his hand, "I am not Mr.Genrose today, I am...Lucifer." he decided.

Mary didn't miss a beat "Lucifer, your lunch is getting cold!"

She knew today would be a long day, he was in one of his "active" moods.
♠ ♠ ♠
ConfidenceIsBeauty Thank you for your comment! :)