‹ Prequel: Time of Your Life
Sequel: Common Hour

6 Months

A lesson on how to steal a heart as fast as you stole mine.

Six fucking months.

That's too long. That's over 180 days. 180 days that I haven't seen him in person; in the flesh. It's too long for me to stand going without him. Being away from him for only a matter of days was hard enough. But six months? You might as well kill me.

I was eagerly waiting by the window of our living room, my foot tapping impatiently as the quiet, desolate street outside chirped with birds and croaked with crickets.

"Fuck, come on!" I groan, slamming my head against the wall angrily.

Every time he leaves for tour it kills me. It's easier when we're on tour at the same time, because we're occupied so those precious moments on the phone or Skyping is just that much more amazing. But when he's off touring and I'm stuck at our quiet house, recording on the weekends with only Bast and Peyton to keep my company, it gets pretty tedious.

I had been trying to write to get my mind off of his return, but my notebook was left abandoned on the couch. It was open to a clean page, the only words written on there being Fuck, Alex, get here already! and Bast has peed on the carpet twice.

Those were notes to Alex, but he couldn't read them from an airport.

My eyes stray to the clock again, curses falling out of my mouth when I notice it's ten minutes past the time he said they would be getting home.

And I was about to pull out my phone to text him when his car turns into the driveway.

"Yes!" I scream giddily, feeling like a fucking creep just waiting for my boyfriend to get home. The smile on my face couldn't have been bigger as I run to the front door, throwing it open to see Alex walking up the path to the steps.

We stare at each other for a moment before he grins, dropping his duffel bag and we sprint forward, meeting half-way. His arms go around my torso as my legs go around his waist, my feet hooking behind his back to keep myself up. My own arms curl around his neck as we kiss, his lips warm and fierce against mine. We didn't hold back, our lips biting hungrily at each other, tongues clashing and teeth banging.

"Oh, God," he murmurs as he pulls back, our lips popping away, his forehead resting against mine. "I missed you so fucking much, Lyric."

My breath was coming out in pants, making mist in the air. "I missed you more."

His laugh made his breath hit my lips, pecking me gently. "We are not gonna play this game again," Alex whispers, walking forward and bringing us back into our house. "Remember who won last time?" The door slams shut behind him, the sound of his duffel bag dropping on the ground making me grin.

He was home. He was finally home. After six fucking months.

"You did," I sigh in mock defeat as his hand comes up to run through my hair.

His smile was contagious. "Being away from you is like my own personal hell," he grumbles, my back hitting the wall, his hips grinding against mine slightly. "Just ask the guys. They locked me in a closet one day because of how much I was complaining."

I laugh out loud, my fingers tangling in his newly cut short hair. "I can see Jack doing that." I examine his head. "Nice locks. Did you ever plan on telling me?"

My boyfriend grins cheekily. "I wanted to surprise you. Do you like it?"

"Hmm," I hum thoughtfully, using my fingers to pull pieces of his silky hair back. "I like it. A little shorter than what you usually do with it, but it's cute."

"Cute?" he scoffs. "I look fucking sexy."

I laugh, leaning down to give him a soft kiss on the lips. "Yeah, that too." He doesn't let me escape, pressing me further into the wall so he could ravish me into another kiss. I let him, huddling my body closer to his, letting my hips roll against his. He growls at that, his fingers splaying over my back, sending goosebumps to erupt up my spine.

"Don't tease, Lyric," he scolds, his voice raspy. I knew why instantly, judging by the thing pressing into the notch between my legs. "It hurts. And you know I hate it." His lips trail down my throat, making a sudden turn up my jaw. His teeth grasp my earlobe and tug.

I moan. "I can feel the rock you placed on my thigh. I think you like the teasing."

"Only to an extent," he argues, his wet lips making a seal around my pulse and sucking. My hips rut forward again, and Alex meets it this time with his thrust.

The friction became too much, my head reeling from the heat. Alex continued to move downward, his mouth now dangerously close to my cleavage. His eyes flick up to my face, his grin widening. "Alex..." He smirks, moving back up to my face. I tighten my legs around his waist in disapproval, connecting our lips for another heart-melting kiss.

"How was tour?" I ask as he pulls away, his full, pink lips swollen and his eyes dilated.

He looked incredulous. "I have a fucking huge-ass problem in my pants and you want to talk about tour?"

I giggle, using my mouth to press devilish kisses around his nose and eyes. "You've been home for five minutes and the first thing you want is sex?" The idea wasn't too bad, but I wanted to tease him until he was begging for it.

"I haven't seen you in six months, Lyric," he growls, the sound low.

My lips break into a smile. "I know. But don't you wanna talk?"

Alex's eyes narrow before he hoists my weight back into him, taking a few swift steps until he drops me onto the couch. I squeal as he falls on top of me, his body enveloping mine. "Is this better?" he grins, finding my lips again.

"Mmm," I mumble against his mouth, my protests getting covered as his tongue seeks entry. I allow it to slip in, the muscle caressing every centimeter.

"Alex..." I giggle as his fingers probe at my zipper, "calm down."

His eyes meet mine and he smiles. "Do you really not know what you do to me? God, I'm gonna fucking burst out of my pants." I laugh and push him off, using my hands to steady myself until I was sitting in his lap, straddling him.

"What did you do for your birthday?" I ask. "Seeing as I wasn't there for it." I frown.

He kisses me gently. "Turn that frown upside down, babe. It was boring, mostly. I got a card from the 'rents. The guys took me out to a bar, but I didn't do much there. And then Lisa called, wishing me a happy birthday."

I nod. Lisa and I got along fine, mostly. We were actually decent friends, save for the few times I caught her staring at Alex too long for my liking.

"What about you?" Alex murmurs, reaching up to tuck hair away. "How was your birthday?"

I freeze, my fingers that had been playing with his shirt dropping. "Uhm," I clear my throat, shaking my head. "My mom came up to visit for a couple days. And, on my actually birthday day, uh, Ted called."

Alex's back stiffens up. His hands that had cupped over my waist tighten instinctively, much like the did every time my Dad's name was mentioned.

"What did he say?" he asks, his teeth grinding together.

I use my hands to smooth over Alex's stomach, trying to get him to relax. He loosened up a little bit. "He just wished me a happy birthday," I admit, clearing my throat. "Then he tried to apologize again. I guess he thought it would be more effective since it was on the day...it happened."

"Fucker," Alex mutters. Actually, more like hisses.

I shake my head. "It's fine. He's been apologizing for months now. I ignore it."

"He deserves it," my boyfriend snarls, his face indignant. "Rapists deserve to be ignored."

I roll my eyes, but still feel a pang to my heart at the last sentence. Still classifying my father in that category would never make me feel better. "Let's stop talking about it. I've moved on. I'm happier than ever. That's all that matters."

Alex grins. "And I made that possible."

I laugh. "Yes, you made that possible."

His lips attack mine again, but I would never get sick of the feeling. Alex saved me from what could have been a very deep depression. And I owed him my life for that. He claims I saved him too; from what I'll never know. So I just call him silly. But he's my silly boy. Forever, at least I would like to think so.

"Let's go upstairs," he grins eagerly, his fingers trailing up and down my back. I shivered delightfully at the feeling.

My grin couldn't have been any bigger. "Fine, you horny man."

"But I'm your horny man."

"Right you are."

We get up, his hand lacing with mine. My skin tingled at the feeling, the same electric shocks pulsing up my arm. The same shocks that first appeared when we met a year ago. But those shocks told me he was mine and mine alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! Finally, a preview to what Lyric and Alex are doing today ;)
Thoughts?!

I love this. No joke.