‹ Prequel: Winter Kiss
Status: Active

Bad Romance

Freedom, That's What I Need

Normal POV

It had been an hour since El had told me the ‘great’ news. I couldn’t believe it, this couldn’t be happening. What if it was that mans? Oh god, I really hoped that it wasn’t, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if it was.

I know it sounds sick, but I don’t know if I could look after it. So may things we’re running through my mind, I could tell people we’re talking to me. I could see there lips moving, but no sound was coming out of them. There was El and a doctor, Sean had just made his way into the brightly lit room. His eyes we’re red and puffy, clearly he had been crying. So had I.

What was seriously happening to my life? How did it end up so bad, from being in a relationship, to being abused and not pregnant, with a child I don’t even want. I want kids, I really do. But not now! Not at this age, I still have stuff I want to do, want to accomplish before I settle down and start a family. I wanted it to be with someone I truly loved, someone who I was married too, and someone I was happy with.

I could feel tears brimming up in my eyes, they we’re now flowing gently over my face and down my cheeks. I kept telling myself that this wasn’t happening, but it really was, wasn’t it? Everything seems a blur, out of focus and frayed around the edges. I had blocked everything out without even knowing, but I liked it this way, it was quiet, but I would have to talk soon.

“Willow…willow?” The doctor lightly pushed my shoulder to wake me up from my trance, it worked, but only just. I looked up into the brown eyes of the woman. It was a different doctor than before, it made me feel more comfortable around her. The woman smiled a sweet and caring smile and gently squeezed my shoulder, I smiled back at her and wiped my tears away with the back of my hand.

“I’m just going to ask you a few questions if you don’t mind? I understand that it may be a bit too soon for some of them, if you want me to stop just say so and I can come back at another time” She said, the smile staying plastered on her face.

“I’m Dr. Hernandez, by the way” She said. I now knew her name, I nodded lightly at her to signal that it was okay for her to ask away. I looked at El then at Sean, then finally back at Dr. Hernandez. She smiled and nodded again, she knew that I had just asked her if they could stay and she agreed. I really needed support right now, and the only two people I really wanted we’re El and Sean.

“Now, the first question is a bit personal, you can answer by nodding if you like it that makes it easier before. I am going to ask the first one and if you are okay, we can just go down the list as quick as you like, okay?” Her voice was like warm chocolate, it was soothing, calming and just pleasant to be around. Dr. Hernandez coughed then flipped some papers over.

“Now, have you had sex before?” I nodded.
“Okay, did you have sex before the last…um…encounter?” Her brown eyes gazing into my green ones. I thought back to when I was with Gus. I knew I had but dare I remember that night? It was so lovely, it was staring to make me more emotional. El, placed a hand on my shoulder and I patter her hand back with mine. I nodded at the Doctor, who lightly said a few words. I didn’t catch them, I was too busy thinking.

“When was the last time you we’re on? I know it won’t make much difference but we need to ask these things to go in the database” She smiled, whilst ticking some boxes and crossing some words out on her clipboard.

I tried to think when it was but I really couldn’t remember, it was way before the attack, and was probably before Gus and I even had sex. I just couldn’t process it. It was all too much for me right now.

“Okay, Willow is it okay if the police ask you a few questions later on? It will be about your attacker I’m afraid, but they will need to know some details about him if you can remember, so they can try to catch him” She asked.

My eyes grew wider in panic and at the thought of him, I started to shake violently. El and Sean both wrapped their arms around me, and cuddled me. Kissing my head and saying gentle “Shushes” I tried to muster up some kind of words but no sound came out. Once again I nodded, it was all I could do.

The doctor soon left the room minutes later, leaving me with El and Sean. He had been out to collect some magazines and some grapes, why did people bring grapes when you we’re ill? Ben and Jerry’s would work just as good. But I couldn’t complain, and at that moment, I really did feel like I could eat some grapes. I mean, there not that bad, and they we’re red grapes. My favourite.

For now all I could do was sit and think, I had many people to keep me company, but like I said they only people I wanted with me where these two. And thank god I had met them, cause I honestly didn’t know what I would do without them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!

So I've finally got back to this story after so long. I would like to say a giant sorry for the people who have been waiting for this chapter, especially to mosher123 and darkbunny96, who constantly left me messages and comments hoping I would update soon, so this one is for you guys.

Hope you like it, It may be a little rough around the edges as I need to get back on track with writing it again, but there will be more updates a long the way as I know what I'm doing now. Thanks again to everyone who has been reading it, and who have stayed with me! Much appreciated!

Love,
Emma xx

Title credits: Freedom - Jimi Hendrix