Sequel: Never Truly Loved
Status: Fin.

She Will Be Loved

It Doesn't Matter Anymore

The day was surprisingly nice, not a single cloud was in the sky to hide the sun which shone down upon the land with warm rays of light. It had rained the previous night, but the water had already evaporated and gone, only leaving the clean and crisp air as evidence. Jacob found that he couldn't complain. The rain had washed away most of the dirt and grime that had once covered his dear red Volkswagen Rabbit and made it cleaner than before.

Currently, he was driving his dad, Billy, to Charlie's for a football game day. He'd also be able enjoy Bella's company, something he hadn't been able to do since he was busy with Quinn – not that he minded any, his patrol shifts, and also because she was usually off with her dead boyfriend the rest of the time.

He smiled at the thought of Quinn. He wondered what she was doing right now. Jacob hoped that she was thinking of him just as he was of her, either that or doing her homework since they both didn't want her to become a Super Senior. He made a mental note to text her later when he got home to inquire about their next tutor meeting since they had yet to make it.

Billy took notice of the goofy smile that was slowly making its way upon Jacob's face and he automatically knew that he was thinking about his imprint, Quinn, who he had yet to meet. Billy began to wonder when, or even if, he would get to finally be introduced to the girl of his son's dreams.

His curiosity got the better of him. "Son," he began, causing Jacob to look over at his father.

"Yeah, dad?" Jacob asked, returning his attention to the road before him.

"You know, Jake, you've never really told me anything about Quinn before." He said. "I don't even know what she looks like!"

"Oh, sorry, pop. I've just been really caught up in it all I guess." He shrugged. "She has brown hair that reaches a bit past her shoulders, some of the bluest eyes that I've ever seen, they're so deep I swear I can just lose myself in them, her skin's a little pale, but not like their pale, when the sun hits her she just... glows." He sighed dreamily as he finished his little rave about Quinn's appearance.

Billy laughed, shaking his head at his son's rant. "Well, I guess I feel better about knowing what she kind of looks like." He chuckled. "But how is she? What is she like?"

"She's amazing, I've never met another girl like her. She's something special. She's nice, funny, caring... God, she's just a complete angel. Even her laugh is like nothing I've heard before, it's so melodic."

Billy nodded and decided to end his talk with Jacob about Quinn. His son was starting to become distracted and he wanted his son's attention on the road, not on his imprint at the current moment. He was eager to meet Quinn, even though he didn't know when that would be, but he couldn't wait to meet the girl who was making his son's life unimaginably better.

If his son was happy, he was happy, too.

Image


After arriving and helping his dad into the Swan household, he made sure Billy was comfortable before making his way up the stairs and to Bella's room. He poked his head into the room and knocked on the door gently. Bella, who was writing in a book while listening to "Clair de Lune" by the composer Claude Debussy, looked up and smiled warmly at her longtime friend.

"Hey Jake," She greeted, putting away her book and lowering the music a little. "Long time no see. How've you been?"

"I've been good," He smiled, making his way into the room and sitting on her bed. "You?"

"Life's... been great for me." She grinned, though it faltered soon after. "But I'm not sure if you'd agree."

"What makes you say that?"

Hesitantly, she stood up and walked over to a small jewelry box on her dresser, opening it up and placing a large diamond rock onto her ring finger and showed Jacob. "Edward proposed," She breathlessly explained, almost as if she were still in shock over the proposal.

Jacob looked at Bella with worry. "Bells, you didn't say yes did you?"

"Yeah, I did, Jake. I love him."

"Bells... he's dangerous. He could snap you in half like a twig if you made him mad."

"Jacob, he would never hurt me, he never has, and I know that he never will. He's the one for me Jake, no matter what you or anyone else says to make me think otherwise."

"Bella, be serious. The guy is dead. He has no pulse, no body heat... nothing. And you want to marry him?"

"He might not have a pulse, but he has a heart, and that's a heart that he's willing to give to me for eternity."

"He's going to change you...?"

"He doesn't want to, but I want to be with him. I want to be like him. I want to spend forever with him. He's the man that I love."

"Bella, I'm being serious. You would be better off with someone normal."

Bella chuckled and put the ring away again. "Jacob, we both know that you're far from normal."

Jacob smiled and looked over at Bella. "For once, I wasn't talking about me."

Bella who was a little shocked, but didn't really mind, looked at him curiously. "What do you mean?" She inquired.

"I've found her."

"Found who, Jake?"

"Her. I've found my imprint."

Bella's mouth hung open in awe, though it soon closed shut and formed a grin. "That's great, Jake, congratulations! I'm really happy for you. Who is she?"

He shook his head. "No. I want you to meet her in person. But she's amazing, Bells. She really is."

"Why don't you invite her to the wedding? It's in a month and a half."

Jacob nearly choked on the saliva in his mouth. "What? Bella, why are you rushing your marriage to that guy?"

"We just want to get married as soon as possible," she shrugged.

Jacob shook his head in disapproval. "You really shouldn't be rushing these things, Bells."

Rolling her eyes and suppressing a smile, she changed the subject. "So are you going to bring her to the wedding?"

"Yeah, definitely. Just make sure to fill me in on the details later."

It was quiet as "Clair de Lune" finished and "River Flows In You" by Yiruma began to play. Jacob smiled as a thought struck him.

"Have you told Charlie?"

"No way. Edward wants to do it together, but I keep telling him Charlie would get out his shot gun."

Jacob chuckled. "Well, we certainly don't want that now do we?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, alright, well, I don't know if this was longer than the last chapter, but at least I got it out soon, right? Well, something big is gonna happen in the next chapter. Just a heads up. : p
Only 13 more to go. Lol please comment! (:
Thanks to all who have previously! You're great!