Sequel: Never Truly Loved
Status: Fin.

She Will Be Loved

It's Not Always Rainbows and Butterflies

Quinn drank the thermos of hot cocoa with urgency, the soothing heat the sweet liquid emitted doing wonders for her scratchy and sore throat. She had been bedridden for the past two days with a cold, and it only seemed to be getting worse. However, after a tasteful breakfast served by Esme and a rejuvenating nap afterwards, she was feeling much better than before. Now she only had a sore throat, not a violent cough and stuffy nose.

Edward took the now empty canteen and shook it, somewhat surprised that she had finished it off in one go. He chuckled, shaking his head as he took a seat at the foot of her bed. "Do you want some more?" He offered.

Quinn shook her head, clearing her throat before she gave a verbal response. "No, I'm good. That alone really soothed my throat." She answered, giving him a grateful smile.

He nodded his head and patted her knee gently. "Well, I'm glad you're getting better. I thought you might not recover in time for the wedding."

Quinn smiled at the thought of her brother getting married to the girl of his dreams. It was close now, and would happen in almost a week. "You know I'm fighter." She joked, soon giving a breathless sigh. "Time flies, doesn't it?" She began. "I remember when you first brought her home. I didn't think she'd last a month, but here we are now and you're both getting hitched to one another."

He smiled and nodded his head. "It is a bit surreal, isn't it?" He agreed. "But I love her and she's agreed to stay with me. She's made me the happiest man in the world."

Quinn licked her chapped lips before asking the question she had been wanting to voice since she found out about their engagement. "Are you going to change her?"

Edward's golden amber eyes stared into her blue. He, himself, was unsure if he would or not. He wanted his Bella to remain human, for her to keep her beautiful soul and everything normal about her. He knew though that she would always push the matter, want to join him, be at his side forever. It was inevitable. And as time would pass during their lifetimes, she would only grow more adamant about the issue. He didn't know if he would be able to bring himself to change her. It was the million dollar question that everyone wanted an answer to.

He shook his head with a sigh. "I'm not sure. You know she wants to become one of us, but... I can't do that to her, make her some monster. It wouldn't be right."

"I think you need a change of perspective," Quinn murmured, taking hold of her brother's icy hand, the cold seeping through her flesh and giving her chills. "After you're married, one day she'll be gone for good. She'll die, but you'll live on. You'll have memories of her, of the good times and the bad, and you'll love every single one of them I'm sure, but Bella doesn't want to have to end those times with you. She loves you so much that she's willing to give it all for you. And I know that you don't want that to happen, you don't want her to have to sacrifice those precious things for her to live a life with you, but she's found the one thing in life that's worth all of it. She's found love. And she found love with you, Edward. It's not a matter of what she'll lose, but what she'll gain. She'll gain someone she can love forever, a family to support her throughout time, and an eternity that she can spend with you."

All was silent as Quinn spoke, and even after her declaration it was quiet. Edward let her words sink into his mind during the dead air, and soon found himself speaking. "That may be the best excuse I've heard yet, Quinn, but I still don't think I'll ever be able to bring myself to take her humanity." Edward rose from the bed and walked towards the door. "Everyone's out hunting and should be coming home within the hour. I'm going to Bella's so give me a call if you need anything, okay?"

Quinn nodded her head and Edward sent her a smile before closing her door. A few seconds later she could hear the roar of the Volvo's engine and then the vehicle driving away. Sighing, she got comfortable under the covers of her bed and nestled herself into her pillow. As she found a comfy position, her phone vibrated on the few sheets. Picking it up slowly, she read the newly received text message.

Hey Quinn, I'll be over at your apartment in thirty minutes for our tutoring session. See you then!


Quinn cursed herself loudly over having forgotten about her tutoring session with Jacob. She quickly sent a text to him explaining her predicament.

Jake, I'm sorry, but I'm really under the weather. Would it be alright to reschedule?

You're sick? Why didn't you tell me before?

In all honesty, it just slipped my mind.

Alright, well, I'm still going over there. I want to see how you're doing. I'll bring you some soup, too, okay? I'll see you soon! And I'm not taking no for an answer!


Quinn sighed and rose up. She loved spending time with Jake, she really did, but having him see her when she felt crappy was a bit irking. Quinn rolled off the bed and into the bathroom to appraise her appearance.

Her eyes had some bags underneath, her blue orbs were glossy, and lips were chapped. Not only that, but she looked as pale as Edward and the rest of her family. Well, this is just not attractive. She concluded.

Immediately she put her hair into a pony tail and gave her face a good scrub. She wouldn't have enough time to take a full shower since she knew she'd become sidetracked by the amazing warmth of the water, so after washing her face, she went to get some new clothes on. They were some regular gray sweat pants and a green tank top with some tennis shoes. She didn't think she'd have enough energy to go searching through her wardrobe for an actual outfit for Jacob so she had to settle for that. She grabbed her backpack, filled it with some books, slipped on a jacket, and then walked out the door and got into her car, heading for the apartment complex with haste.

Image


There was an urgent knock upon the door and Quinn answered it slowly. Before her stood Jacob with concerned brown eyes and a frown as she appeared before him.

Wow, I must look worse than I thought.

Her eyes fell upon the few bags in his grasp and she voiced her question right after noticing them. "What's with the bags?"

"Oh, well, I asked Emily for one of her soup recipes and then I went out and bought all the necessary ingredients. Nothing's better than homemade soup, right? And she hopes that you feel better soon."

Quinn let a small grin appear and moved out of the way, letting Jacob enter the home before closing the door. "Tell her that I say thanks when you next see her. And thank you for doing this, but canned soup would have been nice, too. I don't want you spending your money on me."

"I want to spend my money on you, Quinn. I need to make sure that you're fine. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't know that you were like this." He objected.

Jacob placed the bags upon the counter and took out everything within them, Quinn watching his movements with interest.

"Where do you keep your pans?" He inquired.

Quinn reacted and went to one of the lower cabinets, pulling out a medium sized pot and placing it upon the stove. "What can I do to help?"

"Nothing, I want you to rest." He replied, leading her into the living room where he forced her upon the couch, covering her with a blanket that had been placed at the other side. "Stay there, don't move and don't worry, I've got everything under control. Please..." he sighed, looking deeply into her eyes. "Let me do this for you, Quinn."

It were as if she was under his control and she found herself quietly nodding her head. "Alright, thank you, Jake." She whispered as she got comfortable. She saw him smile at her affectionately and felt him kiss her forehead before she went under and into a dreamless slumber.

"Thank you, Quinn."

Jacob stood there motionlessly, watching her sleep with diligence. She looked like an angel with her emotionless expression and calm features. Her brown tresses fell upon part of her face delicately and he moved them to the side with care, not wanting to wake her.

I better get to work on the soup.

Within a good thirty minutes, the apartment smelled delightful. Jacob scooped a bit of the soup out of the pot with a small spoon and blew on the hot liquid before taking a taste. It was just like Emily's home cooking. It's perfect.

He turned off the stove and began to stir the contents, trying to help cool it down faster. He soon found where the bowls were and poured Quinn a nice helping before placing it on the counter. After doing so, he got himself a chilled bottle of water from the fridge and let the cool liquid slide down his throat. When he finished the bottle, he put it into a recyclable bin and placed the cooling soup onto a tray and carried it over to the coffee table, putting it down and sitting down beside Quinn.

"Quinn," He whispered, shaking her lightly. "The soup's done, Quinn, time to wake up."

She groaned lightly and sat up at her own pace. "What?" She mumbled.

He chuckled softly. "The soup is done." He repeated.

"Oh," She mumbled wiping the sleep from her eyes. "Thanks again for making it."

"Of course," he replied, helping her sit up.

Jacob handed her the bowl of soup and watched as she took the first spoonful. Flavor overcame her taste buds and she smiled in delight. As the few veggies went down her throat she turned to Jacob with a grin.

"This is amazing, Jake."

He beamed at the compliment, glad that he could make her something good to eat. "I'm glad you like it."

She nodded her head and devoured the rest. The warmth of the soup seemed to spread around her body, giving her energy that she hadn't had in the past few days. Within a few minutes it was completely gone and in her stomach.

"That hungry, huh?" Jacob joked lightly.

Quinn laughed and nodded. "It was just that good."

Jacob collected the plate and spoon and took it back to the kitchen, placing it into the sink before walking back into the living room. He sat back down and patted his lap for her to sit on.

"No, I don't want to get you sick." She objected.

Jacob laughed. "I'm not gonna catch your cold," he reassured.

"And how are you so sure?"

"Just trust me," he replied. "Besides, my body heat will keep you warmer than that blanket could."

She didn't say anything else and so Jacob took it upon himself, picking her up and placing her on his lap with care. Quinn's arms raised up and around his neck and she buried her head as much as she could into his chest, inhaling his usual, calming scent and relaxing in his hold. His left arm secured itself around her waist and the right gently took hold of her thigh, pulling her closer to him before wrapping around her waist as well.

"I swear to God I'll be upset if you contract my cold."

"Don't worry, I won't." He replied, kissing the top of her head gently.

Quinn squeezed him tightly and smiled. "Thank you for being here today, Jake."

"I'll always be here for you, Quinn. I promise."

"I'm glad."

There was another tranquil silence as they sat together. Jacob's eyes closed and he thanked God that there was someone like Quinn for him to be with, and Quinn was doing the same.

"Oh, before I forget, I wanted to invite you to my friend's wedding. It's this Saturday, do you think you could make it?"

"I wish I could, Jake, but I actually have another wedding to go to." Quinn sheepishly grinned. "I'm sorry. I really would, but I can't."

"Of course, it's alright." He replied, though deeply wished that she could've gone so he could introduce her to Bella. "I'll just have to introduce the two of you another time then."

Image


It was the big day. The Cullen home was buzzing with life and was overall chaotic. The men were getting ready downstairs, and the girls upstairs. People were beginning to arrive, the last of whom were the Quileute pack. They all wore their best casual attire and did their best to not mind the air that reeked of vampire. As Jacob and his friends walked towards the back of the house, a familiar scent hit him, though he disregarded it.

There was no way that Quinn could be here.

Quinn helped Alice and Rosalie get Bella ready. After slipping on her gown, she helped Bella get her shoes on as Rosalie and Alice fussed over her bun. Alice sighed as she placed the veil atop her head.

"You look stunning, Bella." Alice gushed.

"Thank you, all of you, for helping me."

"Yes, yes, we get it! Now let's go, it's about to start!"

Quinn descended the steps first, her heels clicking lightly against the hardwood floors. Rosalie and Alice helped Bella down, making every step she took a big deal. Quinn watched as her adopted sisters helped Bella to the door.

Quinn wished them all luck and went to the seats, walking down the aisle and sitting in the front row next to a blubbering Esme and content Carlisle.

"Jake," Embry whispered.

Jacob, who had been typing a text to Quinn, looked up at his friend. "What Embry?"

"What would you do if Quinn was here?"

"I don't know," Jacob shrugged. "Be happy I guess."

"What would you do if she sat on Edward's side of the aisle?"

Jacob looked at Embry with confusion and slight anger. He didn't even want to think about Quinn having relations to the bloodsuckers. Having Bella know them was bad enough, but if she knew them... He didn't know what he'd do.

"Why are you bringing this up, Embry?" Jacob growled.

"Because she's right there," Embry pointed.

Jacob's head snapped in the direction his finger as in and he saw her. His heart dropped as she sat right beside the designated mother of them and Carlisle. His heart broke as she laughed and consoled the sobbing mother. Why did she know them? Why was she sitting with them?

Anger bubbled within him, but he did his best to contain it, to hide the emotions he wanted to let loose. He couldn't go wrecking Bella's wedding, she'd hate him forever, and most importantly, he didn't want to hurt Quinn if he should happen to transform into his other self. And so throughout the entire wedding, he waited for the ceremony to end so he could be with Quinn and ask her what was going on.

As Bella and Edward kissed, a round of applause broke out, and Jacob could see tears of happiness spring from Quinn's blue eyes, and he wanted nothing more than to be by her side and wipe them away. The couple walked down the aisle and as everyone in their seats rose, he seemed to lose Quinn in the crowd.

Where'd she go?

"Oh, quickly, quickly!" He heard Esme call and he curiously looked to see what was going on. "Edward, go and take a picture with your siblings!"

He then watched as Emmett, Rosalie, Jasper, Alice, Edward and Quinn gathered before her, arms around one another and Quinn standing right in the middle of them. After the photo was taken, they all hugged Edward with congratulations and went their separate ways.

"Quinn!" He called out.

She stopped walking and looked around, her eyes soon focusing on Jacob. Her heart rate escalated and she rushed over towards him, giving him a hug that he responded to immediately, hugging her back tightly.

"Jake, what are you doing here?" She chuckled, smiling uncontrollably.

"I know Bella, do you know her, too?" He asked, praying that she would say yes and that she didn't know the Cullens one bit.

"Oh yes, for a while now," she nodded, making Jacob breathe a little easier. "Ever since Edward brought her home. I'm so happy for my brother. They really love each other."

Jacob's world stopped turning and his blood ran cold.

How could this have happened...?
♠ ♠ ♠
Quinn's Outfit
Bella and Edward

Yikes, the truth is revealed!! :o
Anyways, since I haven't updated in a while, I wanted to get this out before I start on my homework. (:
Also, thank you to all who have commented! Your comments are always deeply appreciated!<3

Sorry for the wedding not being all detailed. I never watched the movie. I did read the book, but it was when it first came out so I forgot. Honestly, I think the final book is the crappiest out of all of them. That's just my opinion though, so if that's you're favorite one just ignore me. Lol : p