Sequel: Never Truly Loved
Status: Fin.

She Will Be Loved

I Know Where You Hide, Alone in Your Car

“Shit,” Quinn cursed, speeding into the school parking lot and stopping the car in the first available spot. “I’m so late. Mrs. Beckette’s going to totally chew me out.”

Quinn scrambled to get out of the car and jogged to the steps that led to the now empty halls. Her alarm had broken somehow overnight by a case of bad luck. When Edward came by the house with Bella from their cabin, he had noticed her still there and woke her up instead. She had never showered so fast in her entire life and she was pretty sure she broke the speed limit on the way over, though she was still a good forty-five minutes late.

As she began to climb the few steps, someone called out to her. “Quinn!”

The brunette turned around and she saw Kimberly Monroe and Mason Davey fast approaching from the parking lot. This doesn’t look good. Quinn decided, trying to make it into the school before they could catch up.

“Oh no you don’t,” Kimberly said, snatching her forearm and dragging her back down the stairs. “We’ve got to have a little chat.”

“Well, we can talk later. I’m late to class.” Quinn replied, trying to get around her.

It was no use as Kimberly roughly pushed her back. “Hold her, Mason.” Her boyfriend smirked and wrapped his arms around Quinn’s, restricting her movements and leaving her unable to escape. “You know, Quinn, I don’t think I’ve ever met a more annoying person than you in my life. You’re so disgusting. You’re just a slut with all the sleeping around you do, and I’m sure that poor asshole from the reservation isn’t the only person you screw. Just seeing you makes me want to put you out of your misery. I mean, you’re completely worthless. You have no reason to live. Why not just go and kill yourself?”

“First off, don’t you dare talk badly about Jacob. You have no reason to bring him into this. And second, why are you even telling me this? Sure you’ve gotten to me before with the rumors you spread, but I’m getting over it. Do you honestly think that I give a shit about what you think of me now?”

Kimberly’s eyes flared up and it happened in an instant. The blonde launched a fist and it collided with Quinn’s jaw. The impact shocked the brunette into silence and she couldn’t think straight for a second. As fast as Quinn was stunned, she lost herself to her rage just as quickly. All the pain, humiliation, and anger she had experienced because of this blonde’s doing was finally beginning to boil over.

“What the fuck was that for, you blonde bitch?!” Quinn screamed, beginning to squirm uncontrollably in Mason’s grip to try and get her back. “What did I ever do to you?!”

“You don’t remember?” She snapped.

“I wouldn’t be asking if I knew why, dipshit!”

Hearing the brunette call her an insult caused Kimberly to slap her across the face and an echo could be heard in the parking lot as she began to explain. “It was back in elementary. Everyone was always paying attention to you and not me. They always loved and adored perfect, little Quinn. No one ever even noticed me! I was invisible! I couldn’t even make one friend because you would always steal the spotlight. You always brought things to make sure people always paid attention to you. I couldn’t get peoples’ attention with flashy toys, my family was poor. The one time my family managed to buy me something to take to school, I was still ignored because you brought something better. I was always compared to your fucking ass! I was never good enough back then!”

“I had no control over what people did, Kimberly, and you damn well know that! Just because you think no one paid you any attention doesn’t give you the right to do this to me now! I’m sorry you felt that way back then, but making my life a living hell isn’t going to change what happened!”

Kimberly scoffed. “I’m not stupid, Quinn. I know it’s not going to change anything, but I’ll be damned if it doesn’t feel good.”

“You’re fucking pathetic,”

“And you’re my fucking punching bag.” Kimberly sweetly replied, taking another swing at her.

The loathing Quinn had for the blonde seemed to grow immensely in that one split-second, and she found a new vivacity as she somehow managed to get out of Mason’s tight grip by kneeing him. It didn’t take her long to take her fury out on Kimberly next, tackling her to the ground while Mason cupped his groin in pain on the asphalt. The two girls screamed at each other as they tried to punch, scratch, and do any other possible damage they could with their bare hands.

Quinn was straddling Kimberly’s torso and was able to move her hands out of the way long enough to swiftly deliver a punch to the face. She knew instantly that the blonde would have a black eye the following day and she couldn’t help but smirk because of it.

Mr. Hamilton, who was able to hear a commotion going on outside in the lot, walked out of the halls and saw the sight before him. Mason Davey, the school’s star quarterback, was on the ground in pain, while Kimberly Monroe, the cheer leader captain, was being pummeled by Quinn Cullen, the student who seemed to be slipping. His face grew red and he immediately rushed down.

“Stop this immediately! Stop, I say!” He shouted furiously, grabbing Quinn’s wrists and pulling her off of the blonde whose entire face was beginning to swell. “Ms. Cullen, you stand up right now and stay put! You’re in a heap load of trouble! Ms. Monroe, are you well? Can you stand?”

Mr. Hamilton helped her rise to her feet, her knees buckling and leaning on him for support as she did so. “Explain, right this instant.”

Kimberly began to sob on cue, and buried her face in her hands. “Thank God you came, Mr. Hamilton! Mason and I were just rushing to class because we were late, but Quinn called us over and just started to go crazy. She kneed Mason and started to beat me up. She thinks that we’ve been starting horribly nasty rumors about her, but it’s not true! It’s not! I would never do something so cold to another student! I wouldn’t!” Her hysterical crying was enough to buy his sympathy and Mr. Hamilton glared at the brunette in contempt.

“Ms. Cullen! You go to my office right now! Your parents are going to be notified immediately and I’ll make sure that your punishment is memorable enough to make sure you never do this act of violence again!”

“Mr. Hamilton, she’s lying! She has been making rumors about me, but I wasn’t the one to confront her! Her and Mason came at me first!”

“That doesn’t seem very likely to me, Ms. Cullen. Ms. Monroe and Mr. Davey are good students who earn good grades. You, on the other hand, have been slipping up all year! Now, please, get to my office!”

“Mr. Hamilton, could you please have someone call my parents? I feel horrible. She just kept punching me.” Kimberly continued to sob.

“Of course, Ms. Monroe,” he nodded. “I’ll have Mr. Davey’s family phoned as well. I think you may need to go to your physician to have yourself checked out.” His sympathetic eyes turned stony once they landed back upon Quinn’s form. “Ms. Cullen, do not make me repeat myself. Get to my office right this instant!”

Quinn couldn’t believe what was happening. Her principal was siding with Kimberly and Mason, not even taking the time to hear her out. It was incomprehensible and just plain out unprofessional. Was this really what was happening?

Tears began to stream down her face and she groaned aloud in annoyance. “You know what? Fuck this. I’m leaving.” She said angrily, throwing her hands up in the air and walking back towards her car.

“Ms. Cullen, don’t use such foul language! Get back here right now or else you’ll be suspended!”

“As if you weren’t going to suspend me already for attacking these two, Mr. Hamilton.” Quinn retorted. “I’m done with this bullshit.”

“Ms. Cullen, come back immediately or I’ll have you expelled!”

Quinn was done with him and this school. She couldn’t believe that she had even put up with it for so long, though she knew that it was her fault for not doing anything about it before. Mr. Hamilton continued to yell at her to return, but she didn’t pay him any mind. She got into her Audi and left the parking lot like a speed demon as her hot tears streamed faster down her cheeks. She needed to get away.

Image


Jacob Black waited outside the apartment door patiently for Quinn to arrive from school. She was running late, but he was sure that it was nothing big that was keeping her. She was probably collecting her things and sitting in traffic. After all, she was always punctual when it came to their meetings. He smiled when he thought of her arriving and how she would profusely apologize for being late. He always thought it was so cute.

Sighing, he continued to wait for her. As more time passed, he grew tired and fidgety as he checked his phone every few seconds for a text or phone call from her, every so often making a call of his own and only receiving her voicemail. Once it was an hour past their meeting time, he decided he’d go and check her house. He was now beginning to think that something was amiss…

Getting onto his motorbike, he revved the engine and propelled down the streets towards the Cullens’. As the large home came into view, he noticed Quinn’s car wasn’t here either. It made his stomach churn in unease and he was walking up the stairs and into the house without even knocking, any bloodsuckers that were home would easily be able to know it was him from the sound of the bike and his odor.

Immediately he was met by the brunette, Bella, with Edward slowly following. “Jake,” she breathed out. “What brings you here?”

“Have you seen Quinn?”

“Quinn? You know each other?”

“He’s her tutor,” Edward sighed out in annoyance. “And what do you mean? She’s supposed to be with you.”

“Well, obviously, she isn’t.” Jacob snapped. “She never came by. I’m starting to worry. She never misses our meetings. I kept getting her voice-mail when I called.”

Edward got out his cell phone, beginning to dial her number and waiting anxiously through all the rings. After waiting, he was forwarded to her voice-mail and he tried again to get the same fruitless result. “I can’t reach her either,” he grumbled worriedly.

He knew he had to let his family know she wasn’t around and so he immediately began to call their cellular devices to let them know the situation. Esme immediately came home once finding out she wasn’t home yet, deciding to forget about the grocery shopping, and his other four siblings came home as well as soon as they heard. Carlisle, having to finish up his shift at the hospital, said he’d be home as soon as possible and would call Bella’s father, Charlie, to ask if he and his officers could keep an eye out.

Esme, who noticed Jacob was here, looked to the boy in slight confusion. “I’m sorry for asking this, Jacob, but what brings you here today?”

“I was supposed to meet Quinn after school,” he answered softly. Right after he spoke, the home phone began to ring loudly, and Jacob picked it up as he was the closest one to it. “Hello?”

“Yes, hello, this is Mr. Hamilton, principal of Forks High School. Is the man or woman of the house available to speak?”

Esme, having heard their small exchange, was already beside Jacob waiting anxiously for the phone. Once it was placed in her dainty, pale hands, she brought it up to her ear with haste. “Hello, this is Esme Cullen,”

“Hello, Mrs. Cullen. This is Mr. Hamilton, the principal of Forks High School, and I have some news about your daughter, Quinn. This morning, Ms. Cullen got into a physical altercation with two students – Kimberly Monroe and Mason Davey. I would have phone earlier, but I was taking care of business with the other students’ parents. From what Ms. Monroe and Mr. Davey tell me, it was Ms. Cullen who started the altercation in the parking lot during first period. When I found them, Mr. Davey was on the ground, and Ms. Cullen was on top of Ms. Monroe, punching her. I had to pull Ms. Cullen off of her as she wouldn’t stop punching when I ordered her to stop.”

“Oh my, is she there right now, Mr. Hamilton? What started the fight?”

“Er, well, after I pulled Ms. Cullen off of Ms. Monroe, she began to use foul language about how the other two were making up lies. It seems Ms. Cullen believed the other two to be making nasty rumors about her in school. I asked her to go into my office so we could sort the entire mess out, but then she began to curse more and ignored me, walking to her car and driving off rather fast. That was the last I saw of her today, I’m afraid, so she currently isn’t with me.”

“Thank you for calling me, Mr. Hamilton. I’m afraid I have to go now. Goodbye.”

Esme ended the call without waiting for him to reply, and looked at her children and Jacob with concern etched upon her face. She was in shock; she couldn’t believe Quinn would start a fight at school. It wasn’t like her, and she didn’t believe that Mr. Hamilton was telling the truth, or rather if he even had the truth to begin with.

“People were spreading rumors about her?” Alice questioned, looking about the room as if she were expecting an answer.

Jacob groaned and remembered the day when he picked her up, and how that same Mason Davey had picked on her in the parking lot. “When I picked her up after school a few weeks ago, that Mason Davey guy yelled a lie that she was screwing around with me in front of everyone who was in the parking lot. I was about to beat the crap out of him, but she told me that it was nothing and that he was just being an idiot.”

“So she was being bullied,” Jasper murmured.

“Why didn’t you think to bring this up sooner, mutt?” Rosalie snapped.

“She told me it was nothing and I wanted to believe that it was, leech.” Jacob snarled in return. “I didn’t know she was being bullied.”

“Stop, please, both of you.” Esme pleaded. “Now isn’t the time to argue. We’ve got to find Quinn. Everyone pair up and go search around town. Check all the local hangouts, even Port Angeles if you have to. We need to make sure she’s okay after having such a rough day. Check where you think she’d feel safe.”

Jacob couldn’t believe this was happening. He didn’t want to believe that she had been in a fight at school and that she had run off after. It was scaring the crap out of him. Was she alright? Was she hurt? Where was she? So many thoughts were going on a rampage in his skull, each of them making him worry only that much more.

Think Jacob, where would she feel safe?

She wasn’t at the apartment, obviously not here… Then he seemed to remember what happened about two weeks prior and what she had told him.

…Now you know where you can find me if you don’t know where I am.

Sprinting out of the house, he ran into the woods and began to discard his clothing as soon as he was out of sight completely. All the Cullens were in confusion over his actions, but Edward was slightly at peace after having read his mind. “He knows where she is.”
♠ ♠ ♠
DRAMA.

So now the Cullens know she's being bullied, but they don't know to what extent. I got this update out faster than I thought I would, hope you don't mind. I'll get started on Chapter 16 as soon as time permits. Thank you so much to everyone who is commenting. You make writing so much fun and worthwhile. I hope that you'll keep doing so! :)

Thanks again! Please comment, rec, and subscribe if you haven't already!