Sequel: Never Truly Loved
Status: Fin.

She Will Be Loved

She Had Some Trouble With Herself

The next morning, Quinn rolled out of bed tiredly, landing upon the hardwood floors with a groan of pain. Her legs, which were still resting upon the mattress, squirmed until they, too, were on the floor as well. Once she collected her thoughts, she willed her body to move and start the day, and it did just that.

Time to start the same old routine... She sighed, though instead of from exhaustion, it was from the lack of spontaneity in her life. For once she'd wish she could do something different in the mornings. The most excitement in her mornings was when she wondered what would be for breakfast. Who knew what Esme would whip up the next morning for her to indulge in?

After stepping out of the shower and getting dressed for school, she grabbed her backpack from her room and made her way downstairs and into the kitchen. Quinn placed the gray sack onto the empty bar stool beside her and sniffed the air, a sweet aroma greeting her.

"Mmm, it smells delicious, Esme."

Esme grinned as she served Quinn a plate and placed it in front of her on the black granite bar before her. Quinn grinned as she saw it was one of her favorites, French Toast. "Thank you, honey. I hope you like it."

"I always love your food, Esme. I can never just 'like it'."

"You're too sweet, Quinn." She replied, beginning to clean up the mess she had created while making the sweet breakfast. "Would you like some syrup?"

"Yes, please."

Esme, who was standing at the opposite side of the kitchen, picked up a bottle of maple syrup and was beside Quinn in less than a second. "Here you go, sweetie." She placed the bottle onto the counter and Quinn covered her full mouth as she said a quick thank you. Esme picked up her expensive designer purse and filled it with her things. "Well, I'll be at the market picking up some things. What would you like for dinner tonight, Quinn? Any requests?"

"No, just whatever you'd like to make." Quinn answered.

"Alright then. Oh, and I made you your lunch for today. It's in the fridge."

"Great, thank you, Esme."

"Anything for my little girl." She replied with a smile, kissing the top of Quinn's head before saying one final goodbye and leaving the house.

Quinn finished her last few pieces of toast a few minutes later and washed it down with a glass of milk. She placed the dishes into the sink for washing when she got home and retrieved the brown bag that carried her lunch from the refrigerator. I wonder what she made... She thought as she placed it inside her bag. Just have to wait for lunch, I guess.

"You leaving?"

Quinn looked up as she closed her backpack and saw her brother, Edward. She greeted him with a smile and replied with a nod, mumbling a short "yes" afterwards, quite aware that even though it was an almost inaudible answer, he would be able to hear it as if she were standing right beside him. "What about you?" She questioned in return. "Heading off to see Bella?" Quinn batted her eyes flirtatiously, teasing him about his girlfriend playfully.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I am."

"Okay, well, have fun." Quinn shrugged her shoulders, throwing her bag over her shoulder and walking towards the front door.

"Aren't you forgetting something...?" Edward asked, a soft chuckle coming out after.

"What are you talking"—Quinn spun around and saw what Edward had in his hands—"about?" She finished lamely. Edward threw the jingling set of keys and she caught them with ease, a small smile on her lips. "I'm used to you driving me to school, sue me."

"Have a good day at school, Quinn-Quinn."

"Thanks Eddy," She retorted, knowing that he despised the nickname with an unbridled passion. "See you after school."

"For your sake you'd better hope not."

Quinn was already out the door and walking to her new car as she once again teased her brother. "I'm shaking in my boots." She could already imagine the small smile growing on his lips and hear the chuckle which meant it didn't bother him in the least.

Quinn got into her new Audi and placed her bag on the passenger seat. She put the key into the ignition and then twisted it forwards, bringing the car to roar with new life. Quinn adjusted everything to her liking, making sure she was in complete and total comfort, and then put it into drive, lifting her foot off the brake pedal and letting the car move forward on it's own. As she grew closer to Forks High School, her stomach contorted itself into knots. She switched on the radio with the push of a dial and it helped her nerves, though she knew that the anxiety was still there. It always would be.

Pulling into the school's parking lot was like torture. All eyes were on her and her new ride. Stares of awe that were directed towards the new automobile turned into glares of hatred and annoyance once their eyes landed upon the driver. Anyone would think having a new set of wheels would instantly propel someone's social status upwards towards the top of the food chain, though not in this case. Not for Quinn Hurley. It wouldn't happen. If her social status would do anything, it would only plummet farther down.

Quinn Hurley was the unfortunate one. Quinn Hurley was the pariah of Forks High School. For what reason? No one knew exactly why, but it was suspected that it was because of her family. Quinn was given anything and everything she wanted, though she was never really materialistic, but her family still spoiled her with gifts nonetheless, she got to see the Cullen boys on a daily basis, which was something just about every girl in the student body was envious of, and everyone believed her to be a "Little Miss Perfect" because she carried the Cullen last name around.

After parking her car and summing up the courage to leave her vehicle, she was on her way past the rest of the student body with her eyes upon the black asphalt, not wanting to look at her peers that were burning holes into her back with their glaring eyes. Quinn jumped in surprise and her heart's palpitations boomed inside her chest rapidly when she heard a car honk and tires skidding across the road.

Just let it be quick... She hoped.

When Quinn didn't feel the impact she had anticipated — and somewhat hoped for — she opened her eyes that had been squeezed tightly shut in fright. A black van sat not even a foot to the side of her with it's engine still running, a classmate of hers shooting daggers at her through his eyes.

The boy got off the car after putting it in park and stormed up to her. "What the fuck do you think you're doing, Cullen?!" He spat at her, saying her name was like having poison in his mouth. "Are you that damn stupid?"

"I... I... I'm sorry. I am." Quinn stammered out, her eyes watering up as she realized how truly infuriated he was at her. "It won't happen again."

"You're damn right it won't!" He yelled. "You know what?" His arms went forward and his hands collided with her shoulders with enough force to knock her equilibrium off and send her falling backwards onto the floor. She knew for sure that there would be a few bruises later on. "Why don't you just stay there and I promise I'll make sure it won't happen again."

Quinn scrambled to get off of the floor as the boy was getting back into the van and walked away quickly before he had time to make good on his promise.

"Thanks for the show, Cullen! Just a shame you had to get up!" A jock cried from one of the many cliques, his remark earning him a few chuckles and congratulatory high-fives.

Quinn did her best to ignore his comment, though she had still heard it and it didn't make it any less hurtful. Her feet carried her up the stairs quickly and into the halls of the school. She soon found herself in one of the handicap stalls in the girls' bathroom, sitting down and wiping away a few tears that escaped her eyes.

The bathroom door creaked open and Quinn heard light footsteps walk inside, a small clacking meaning that whoever entered the bathroom was wearing heels. Quinn knew who it was immediately.

"Quinn... I know you're in there." A gentle voice pointed out. "Let me in, Quinn."

Quinn wiped her eyes quickly and leaned forward, her index finger brushing up against the metal lock and sliding it to the side, unlocking the door.

The door was then pushed open and a black haired beauty entered. She was gorgeous, she really was. One of the prettiest in the entire student body with her pale skin, jet black hair, and eyes that were a mixture of green and gray. What made her even more attractive was the fact that her beauty was only matched by her brilliant personality.Michelle Alexis McLellan was the one person in all of Forks High School that Quinn admired.

Michelle locked the door behind her and walked over to Quinn, kneeling before her with a concerned expression occupying her face. "Don't cry, Quinn, I don't like it when you do." She whispered, and then wiped away a few new tears.

"I don't know why you keep doing this every time something happens, Alex."

"Well, I don't know why you keep using Alex instead of Alexis." Michelle retorted.

"You started it." Quinn replied. "You're the one who wanted to be the tomboy and be only known as Alex back in elementary. I'm only doing as you asked."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Michelle chuckled to herself. "That's not important, though. I know it's a stupid question to ask, but how are you doing after what happened outside?"

"I guess alright, I mean... I should be used to it by now."

"You have to go and tell one of the teachers, Quinn. You should've told them from the very beginning, but now it's just getting out of control."

"Alex, if I do that things will only get worse. You know how they are."

"At least the teachers will keep an eye on them and make 'em behave for once."

"We're halfway through senior year now, Alex. I can handle it." Quinn replied, grabbing her things from the floor and walking out of the stall and the bathroom altogether.

Michelle sighed and shook her head disapprovingly, running a hand through her long black hair. "When are you going to let me in, Quinn...?"

Image


"I can't be failing math and history! There must be some mistake, Mr. Hamilton!" Quinn half shouted at the principal of Forks High School in disbelief.

"Miss Cullen, please keep your voice down!" Mr. Hamilton ordered, pushing his glasses that resided on the tip of his nose up. "And no, there is no mistake, Miss Cullen. You're failing both classes and if you do not raise these grades than you'll be in serious danger of not graduating and having to repeat the twelfth grade."

Oh no... Quinn thought. I can't repeat this year. It'll be the end of me. Not to mention, what will Carlisle and Esme think...? Quinn's stomach dropped to her feet at the simple thought of them finding out...

I don't want to be a Super Senior either...

"Miss Cullen...? Miss Cullen!"

"Sorry, Mr. Hamilton," Quinn apologized, realizing that she had been spacing out. "what were you saying?"

"Your teachers and I have talked about your predicament, though they have told me that they will not be giving out extra credit for you since it would be unfair for the other students."

"What can I do then, Mr. Hamilton?"

"Just work and study hard, Miss Cullen. There is a new program for tutors and students that need them. The program has tutors from not only the Forks area, but from La Push and other neighboring cities and towns. If you want, I can inquire about having someone assigned to you for both your classes or you can ask one of your brothers or sisters. I remember they were very well educated and assume they would have no problem tutoring you."

"I would appreciate it if you could ask about a tutor for me with that program, Mr. Hamilton."

Principal Hamilton was a bit shocked that she had decided to go with a tutor instead of asking her siblings, though didn't want to ask about it. "Alright, if that's what you want.. I must tell you though, Miss Cullen, this program isn't free and tutoring will cost you fifteen dollars an hour. With your two subjects it may become a bit pricey."

"I don't mind, Mr. Hamilton. Please let me know when you find a tutor for me as soon as possible. Thank you."

"Of course, Miss Cullen. Goodbye." He said, picking up a phone and dialing a number.

Quinn walked out of the principal's office and down the now empty hallways of the high school, soon leaving the premises and heading for home. "I hope that they didn't call home about this, though..."

Image


"Jake! Principal Phillips wants to see you in his office right now." Seth told him. "Oh, and tonight Sam wants you to patrol with Embry and Quil."

"Got it, thanks Seth." Jake replied, waving a goodbye as he headed towards the school's office.

Jacob was still a little shocked to be here, back at La Push High School. It had been a few months since the beginning of his senior year, but it felt like only a few days. It was still taking him a little while to get back into the swing of things. When he had told everyone that he wanted to attend La Push High once more, everyone in the pack was shocked. They thought he might've hit his head on something during a patrol. It was because there had been such a low number of leeches coming onto the reservation and Jacob had also been noticing his father staring at old graduation pictures of his older twin sisters, Rachel and Rebecca. He wanted to give his father another picture to look at, he wanted to make him proud...

As Jacob entered the Principal's office he was asked to sit down and he did so accordingly.

"Hello, Jacob, how are you today?" Mr. Phillips inquired curiously, sending him a smile to ease up.

"I'm fine, Mr. Phillips." Jacob answered. "Was there something you wanted?"

"Oh well, yes." He nodded and then picked up a file from the desk handing it over to Jacob. "This is your file, Jacob. You're right on target for graduation, it seems."

After Jacob skimmed through his file and records, he handed it back. "That's great to hear, Mr. Phillips. Was that all you wanted to tell me?"

"Oh, no!" He laughed. "As I was looking through your file I received a call form an old friend of mine, he's the principal of Forks High School. I don't know if you know this Jacob, but we're a part of a program for tutors and students in need of them. Anyways, Mr. Hamilton was asking me if we had a senior student who was proficient in math and history and since your file was open I noticed you had outstanding markings in both those classes."

"So you're asking if I would be interested in tutoring, Mr. Phillips?"

"Yes, I am, Jacob. If you become apart of this program as a tutor, it will look good on your record and also to colleges you may want to apply to. Not only that, but since you will be tutoring on your own time you will be compensated. You will be paid fifteen dollars an hour and because this particular student has two subjects in need of tutoring, you will definitely have some cash to spend afterwards."

Jacob contemplated for a moment. How would this affect the pack? Would it? He didn't believe so. There was such a small number of vampires coming onto their land it didn't seem like it would pose a problem. He could also schedule their session around his patrols.

Yeah... it seemed doable.

"You have yourself a new tutor, Mr. Phillips."

"Great, thank you, Jacob." Mr. Phillips then went searching through his desk and brought out a sheet of paper. "If you could please fill this out and I'll call you back in tomorrow to give you more details."

After filling out the paperwork, Jacob was excused and left La Push High School in his red Volkswagen Rabbit. So I just have to tutor someone and I get some money. Sounds easy enough.

Jacob just didn't know that the someone he would tutor would be more than just a someone afterwards...
♠ ♠ ♠
Quinn's Outfit

Fun fact: The girl who is at the top of this page is an actress that could have played Bella Swan in the Twilight films.
Thanks to all those who commented, you made my day! Thanks so much! (:
I've also updated the characters page so if you want to see how Michelle looks you can go ahead and check it out!