Sequel: Never Truly Loved
Status: Fin.

She Will Be Loved

Look for the Girl With the Broken Smile, Ask Her If She Wants to Stay Awhile

Her fingers rolled the plastic pencil around in her possession lightly, her blue eyes scrutinizing the jumbled words and numbers before her with concentration as she tried to break down the problem. Math really was her worst subject, and no matter how patient her siblings were when teaching it to her, she just could never grasp it. It was the subject that escaped her no matter what.

Picking up her iPod, she skipped a few songs till she got to one that she liked. Not a second later, Maroon 5’s song, She Will Be Loved, began to blare through the headphones she had in. As Adam Levine’s voice flooded her ears, she became soothed by the lyrics, though also became aware of how lonely she felt at that moment.

She hadn’t seen Jacob in a good week or so. Edward and her siblings were always around her, never letting her out of their sights, and it was beginning to become irritating to Quinn. Edward had even gone so far as to take her cell phone away. She knew they meant well, but she thought their behavior was getting a bit out of hand.

She heard Jacob’s voice once or twice a few days ago, but that was the extent of it. Her older brother wouldn’t let him into the house, always threatening to bring Bella’s dad, Charlie, to the house to make him understand to leave. She thought her small, emotional spiel of how she loved both him and Jacob must have gone in one ear and out the other by his actions.

Today was the first day she had the house to herself, her family being out and hunting the wildlife for sustenance. She didn’t mind their absence; she was thoroughly enjoying it. Without her siblings pestering her about her school work, Esme always asking her what she wanted to eat as a snack or for any of the three meals of the day, there was a relaxing calm around her for once.

Now there was only one thing missing.

Jacob was sprinting through the trees and brush, heading towards the Cullens’ in the usual rain that was always around Forks and La Push. Quil and Embry had come across the family while on patrol, noticing that they were headed into the woods, most likely off to get their fill of animal blood to hold them over for the next few days. The simple thought of it disgusted him and gave him a bad taste in his mouth. He just couldn’t understand how there could be something so vile could be in existence.

As he reached the home, he shifted and dressed himself in his short. Immediately the smell of Quinn’s body wash greeted him and he knew that she was there. Finally, he’d be able to meet her!

He bounded into the house and up to the second floor, jogging down the hallway and entering her room. Her small frame was laying upon the bed, her back to him with headphones that were blasting in her ears. Smiling, he approached her silently before taking out the two buds from her ears and kissing her cheek tenderly, causing her to jump in surprise.

Spinning around, she saw him with a goofy grin and she was instantly returning one of her own, throwing her arms around his neck and hugging him tightly. “Jake, I’ve missed you!” She gushed, soon taking notice of his lack of a shirt. “And why are you shirtless?”

“Like you actually care,” he teased, kissing her forehead as he sat beside her on the bed. “And I’ve missed you, too. What are you doing?”

“Work,” she sighed. “I still suck at math. Care to be my tutor again for right now?”

Chuckling, he put her few papers onto his lap and viewed them over quickly. “This is easy, Quinn. Here,” Jacob then began to explain the problem and the possible solutions, writing down numbers and equations that would normally make her head spin, though as she listened to him, it was all making perfect sense. “Do you understand?”

She nodded her head enthusiastically. “Yeah, thanks,”

As Jacob watched her put her things to the side, he voiced a simple suggestion. “Why don’t you come over to La Push? Emily’s going to be making a big dinner tonight and you know she’s amazing in the kitchen. After that you can come over to my place.”

At the mention of his home, Quinn could feel heat rise into her cheeks, not being able to help think of the night they had connected on a different level. Jacob noticed this and smiled at her. “We don’t have to do that, Quinn. Not unless you really want to.” He teased, winking at her and kissing her lips softly.

Smiling into the embrace, Quinn kissed back and let her arms wrap around his shoulders, her fingers soon entangling themselves in his hair. Jacob’s own arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her closer to him, not wanting to be so far apart from her. He had enough of that recently. Now all he wanted to do was stay beside her, and he hoped that she would always remain there.

As their lips ravished one another, Jacob let her lie on the bed, his large form hovering over her as he supported himself with his hands that were on either side of her head. Jacob left her lips and moved down towards her jaw, pecking away lovingly at the flesh that was available to him. Quinn breathed raggedly as he continued to please her with his kisses, the trail soon leaving her jaw and making its way further down her neck.

“Oh, Jake,” she whispered softly.

Hearing his name leave her lips caused a chill to run down his spin and he was back to her lips until a forced yanked him off of her by his shoulder. When she felt the absence of Jacob’s lips against her own, she slowly opened her eyes to see Edward madly dragging him away.

“Edward, what are you doing?” She yelled, trying to get out of her bed with knees that were still weak from Jacob’s affection.

“Stay there, Quinn!” Edward shouted back furiously. She had never heard his voice carry such a prominent, enraged tone of voice before. It was shocking to her, and she actually remained where she was for a moment before Jacob’s voice snapped her back to reality.

“Don’t fucking yell at her like that, bastard!”

Quinn jumped up from the bed and slipped on some shoes before racing down the staircase and out of the house after them, not caring that the rain was soaking her to the bone. As she was about to head into the woods, a small hand was placed upon her shoulder, it holding her back from continuing on any further. Her blue eyes looked back and she saw Alice looking at her with concern and sympathy.

“Alice, let me go! I’ve got to stop them! They’re going to—”

“Quinn, I’m sorry, but I think it’s best if they talk this out. I’m sure that they’ll both be fine, okay?”

“Fine? No, Alice, they’re not going to be fine. They’re going to murder each other.” She snapped, and she looked down at the floor when she realized when her anger had gotten the best of her. “I’m sorry, Alice… I just hate how they’re fighting one another.”

Her sister smiled sadly and brought her in for a hug, rubbing her back to console her. “I understand, Quinn. Look, why don’t you go back inside the house? If you go back inside, I’ll go and get them, alright?”

Her proposition sounded like a good one, and so Quinn, trudged inside the house and into her room, becoming nothing but an emotional wreck. Tears wouldn’t stop flowing from her eyes, and as time passed, she couldn’t help but think about how life was giving her hell. Why did it have to be like this? Why did it always seem to be her that was singled out from the rest?

Quinn was beginning to feel that she might break at any second.
♠ ♠ ♠
You're getting two chapters
since they're both a little short.