Sequel: Never Truly Loved
Status: Fin.

She Will Be Loved

I Drove For Miles and Miles

Jacob was the happiest that he had ever been in his life. Yesterday, he had met the girl of his dreams and last night, she texted him saying she would be able to go to the barbecue Sam and Emily were having at noon. He was on a high ever since receiving that text at midnight. Nothing could possibly bring him down right now.

Even his pack brothers were excited to meet her. After his patrol last night, where he told his friends, Embry and Quil about his first encounter with his imprint, the news spread like wildfire among the shape-shifters. From what they could tell, this Quinn sounded like a sweet girl, and they were all more than happy to accept her into the family.

Today's turning out to be a great day, Jacob thought as he made his way into the bathroom for a shower to get off all the sweat and grime that had accumulated during his patrol shift. And it's not even ten in the morning yet.

Image


Quinn couldn't believe what was happening to her. She had never once been so nervous in her life over something so minuscule... yet here she was, having a full on panic attack over what she should wear to the barbecue later on. She had no clue as to why she was fretting over her wardrobe when she didn't really care about appearances, her own especially. The only thing that seemed plausible was that she wanted to make a good first impression on everyone. After all, first impressions were everything. She sighed and let her dark blue eyes scrutinize the contents of her closet once again.

Jacob's image crawled its way into her mind just as it always did and she suppressed a grin from arising. Who am I kidding...? She thought. The only person I want to impress is Jacob.

A thought entered her mind. She may not have anything in her own closet, but she for sure knew someone who would, though.... thinking about asking for her help made a shiver of pure fear run down her spine. She sighed once more and got ready to sign her life away...

"You're sighing a lot today, you know that?"

Quinn looked up to see her older sister, Alice, standing in her doorway, her usual small grin on her face and pixie brown hair styled to the utmost perfection, not a strand out of place.

"Alice..." She breathed out. "I was just going to ask you for your help."

Alice's grin grew larger and she walked into her sister's bedroom, her airy and graceful strides making Quinn's confidence go down a bit like it always did - Quinn wished her walk had that much charm, and Alice plopped down onto the bed comfortably.

"What did you need help with, Quinn?" She asked as perkily as always.

"Um... I need help figuring out what to wear to a barbecue later." Quinn answered hesitantly.

Here it comes...

"Oh, why didn't you just say so earlier?" Alice exploded giddily, jumping up and practically skipping to Quinn's closet to begin her rummaging.

Quinn grew weak in the knees at the sight of her sister's enthusiasm and she began to wonder if she made the right choice in asking for her help. After all, Alice was known to go overboard a bit.... a lot when it came to clothes. Her knees gave out and she fell backwards onto her bed, taking Alice's old spot.

"Wait a minute..." Alice stopped her searching and looked over at Quinn. "You want to impress someone don't you...?" She squealed.

"Well, yeah, Alice, first impressions are everything."

"You know what I mean, Quinn Hurley! You don't usually care about what you wear and the only reason as to why you would ask for my help is to catch the attention of a certain someone!" She laughed at Quinn's face as a small tint of pink became visible on her cheeks. "I knew it! Spill!"

"He's just my tutor and that's all you're getting out of me. Do you want to help me or not?"

"Oh, Quinn, you're no fun at all." The pale beauty teased. "But yes, I will. I can't just leave my sister without knowing she'll snag the boy she likes, now can I?"

"Thanks... Alice." Quinn responded, unsure if that could be taken as an insult or not.

"So now that I know what you're after, tell me... what do you want to convey?"

"...Convey?"

"Yeah, you know, convey. Do you want him to see you as sexy, flirty, fun, what?"

"I don't know, I've never thought about any of those."

"Quinn, you're hopeless!" Alice sighed, crossing her arms and beginning to ponder. Suddenly, she snapped her fingers. "I got it!" She shouted, zooming out of her room rapidly and returning seconds later.

Alice held out in front of her a brown dress. It wasn't over the top like Quinn had first thought, but instead, it was simple. To be honest, Quinn was shocked that Alice had something like this.

"What do you think?" She inquired. "Do you like it?"

"Yeah, it's pretty." Quinn nodded.

"I thought you'd like it." Alice smiled. "It's settled. You can have it."

"Really?"

"Yeah! I don't think I've ever worn it anyways." She laughed. "Besides, you'd look so much better in it than I would."

"Thanks, Alice. I appreciate it."

"No problem." She replied and placed the dress onto the bed, going into her closet to snoop some more. "You can wear these wedges and use this cardigan to cover up, too." Alice walked towards the door and then turned to her sister. "If you need any more help with anything, just let me know."

"In that case, can you help me make something to bring over to the barbecue."

"Except for that." Alice chuckled, soon scratching the back of her head nervously. "Sorry, Quinn, but I'm God-awful at cooking. I'd probably confuse rat poison with sugar. It'd probably be best to wait for Esme and Carlisle to get back from grocery shopping."

"Alright, thanks anyways, Alice."

After Alice left, Quinn reached for her television remote and turned it on. After a few seconds, the dark screen became alive and showed her cartoons. Without wasting time, she immediately changed channels, switching from Courage the Cowardly Dog on Boomerang to 30 Minute Meals with Rachel Ray on the Food Network. Quinn looked through the guide and then saw that a show called Nadia G's Bitchin' Kitchen would be showing how to make potato salad and also fruit salad.

"People bring potato salad and fruit salad to barbecues, right...?" She murmured to herself.

"Yes, they do, Quinn!!" She heard Alice shout from downstairs.

"Thanks, Alice."

Quinn looked at the time. It was already ten-thirty, and Jacob had asked her to be at his house at around twelve-thirty. She wouldn't have enough time to make both potato and fruit salad. She could either choose one or the other, but what if someone didn't like the one she decided to make? Besides, Jacob said to make a lot since he and his friends had big appetites, she didn't want to make too much of one thing.

Though... that still left the question of how she would make both dishes...

Image


"Hello?"

"Hey Bella, how are you?" Quinn's familiar voice came over the phone and Bella was a little surprised to hear her.

"Oh, hey Quinn," she greeted. "I'm fine, and you?"

"The same," She sighed. "Bella, I'm sorry to ask you this, but do you think you can help me with something? I'm going to a barbecue in a bit, and I wanted to make potato and fruit salad, but I don't think I'll have enough time to make both dishes and get there on time. Do you think you can help me make them...?"

"Yeah, sure, come on over." She replied, taking a quick glance at her dad, Charlie, who was lounging on their couch, snoring away. "I don't think my dad'll mind."

"Great! Thank you so much! I'll go and buy the stuff needed right now!"

"Quinn, just buy what fruit you need to make the fruit salad with. I have all of the ingredients to make the potato salad."

"Alright! Thanks so much, Bella!"

"Yeah, sure, I'll see you in a bit."

"Bye!"

After hanging up the phone, the brown haired girl walked over to her father silently and gently touched his shoulder to wake him up. "Dad... hey dad, Quinn is coming over for a bit. Why don't you go and rest upstairs in your room?" She suggested.

"Hmm...? Yeah... yeah, okay." He mumbled tiredly, wiping the sleep from his eyes before sauntering up the stairs and out of sight.

Bella shook her head with a small smile and then walked back into the kitchen, getting out what was needed to make the dishes for Quinn's friend's barbecue. She might as well get started making the potato salad so that way they weren't rushing to get it all done.

Image


Quinn was glad to have brought the clothes she would wear to the barbecue in a different bag because her upper torso was now covered in white paste from the potato salad.

"Are you wearing that to the barbecue?"

"Oh, no, I brought my clothes in a bag. Do you mind if I use your bathroom?"

"Go for it."

Bella then began to clean up the kitchen as Quinn went off towards the downstairs bathroom. Quinn got out the dress that was folded neatly by Alice and changed into it with ease, the soft fabric gliding across her smooth skin as it fell. She then switched her converse for the brown wedges Alice had suggested and finally slid on the black cardigan. She washed her hands and straightened out her hair before leaving the bathroom with her old clothes in the bag.

Bella was already finished cleaning up and Quinn thanked her profusely before packing everything up in her car and driving off. As Quinn drove, butterflies in her stomach began to multiply. While stopped at a stoplight, Quinn sent Jacob a quick text.

"On my way!"

"I can't wait!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Quinn's Outfit

Hope you guys enjoyed the last chapter and will enjoy this one, too!
The next chapter will have the barbecue! (:

I really don't think I have anything else to say, so... yeah.
Have a great day, guys! :3