Status: Finished! Subscribe to the sequel: Everything's Nothing, Without You

Never Gonna Let You Go

Chapter Fifteen

NICOLES POV

It was the last day of tour and tomorrow we headed home, but before the show me and Jack had a date night. As I was getting ready Mel stormed onto the bus throwing everything she saw on her way to me.

“NICOLE, GET THE FUCK OUT HERE…PLEASE” She yelled, but I couldn’t help but smirk cause its kinda funny when she gets mad, her British accent comes out even more.

“What? Why are the throwing shit everywhere?”

She huffed and plopped herself into the back lounge holding a pillow against her chest. “Alex broke up with me”

“Aw Mel, Im so sorry.” I really didn’t know what else to say. Alex pretty much told me that this was going to happen to im not surprised. “I mean this is a stupid question but are you okay?”

“Ugh no. But I expected this; he’s been acting weird lately anyway. To be honest…Im almost glad he broke up now before we got deeper into the relationship so at least now we can try to be friends”

“Yeah that’s true. That’s a good way to look at things. I know you’re upset now, but hopefully soon you can get over it and you guys can be cool again” I said going over to give her a hug

“I hope so. I’m upset now, but I’ll be fine. Like you said, I just want things to go back to normal like they were before we started dating” She said showing a little smile.

“Well, I’m here if you need me. But I gotta go ready cause I have a hot date with my man in 10 minutes and I have to get pretty” I said going back into the small tour bathroom.

“Ooo lala. Where is he taking you?” Mel asked seeming to change from angry, to sad, to happy in about .2 seconds.

“I have no idea! He wont tell me!”

“Agh, I hate surprises. Well, what are you wearing?”

“Just this.” I said changing from my sweats to a pair of jeans and a striped black and white over sized sweater.

“You’re wearing that?!” Mel said with wide eyes. Typical. “Nicole, this is a date. You’re not visiting you’re grandma!”

“Haha shut up! Jack said to dress casual, bitch!”

“Well, whatever. Don’t expect to get laid tonight looking like that!” she said and winked. She got up and left right before Jack got here.

When jack showed up he brought me flowers, such a gentlemen.

“Aw thanks, jack. You didn’t have to” I said with a huge smile and gave him a kiss.

“Yeah, yeah. But I wanted to” . We got off the bus and started walking into town. The venue was literally right in the middle of where ever we were so everything was close. As we reached our destination I realized that we sort of walked away from the town part and walked to a huge carnival looking place.

“No fucking way did you take me to a carnival!” I said jumping up and down.

“Haha I did! We act like kids anyway so why not come to a carnival” he said grabbing my hand. “Where to first my lady?”

“Ummm the Ferris wheel?!” I said excitedly.

We got on the ride and just started talking about random shit. But then I started to think about Alex and what he was saying yesterday.

“Have you talked to Alex lately?” I asked.

“I talk to him everyday. He’s my best friend and he’s in my band, duh” Jack said sarcastically as he put his arm around me.

“Come on, I’m serious. Like, has he talked to you about anything that’s bothering him?”

“No, not that I can think of. Why, is everything okay?”

That’s weird. Alex usually tells Jack everything. I know I probably shouldn’t but I had to tell someone, I mean I had to help Alex get out of this little funk he’s in.

“Well, Alex broke up with Mel this morning. And yesterday while you were out with Vinny and Evan, I went to the park to Alex. He was telling me how he’s not happy anymore and how he didn’t have feelings for Mel. Also how when he see’s us together he just feels weird, but I think he only said that because he wanted to be happy with Mel like we were but obviously that didn’t work out”

“Shit. Why hasn’t he told me any of this? Man. I feel like he doesn’t tell me anything anymore” Jack said looking sort of upset.

“I didn’t mean to make you upset, but I just felt like I had to tell you cause I want to help him but I don’t know what to do”

“You didn’t upset me” he said kissing my forehead. “I just wish he would talk to me. But we’ll figure this out. When we get home tomorrow, I’ll talk to him.”

“Okay, good” I said and smiled. We got off the Ferris wheel and went on a few more rides before we decided to play a couple games first. We got to the game where you have to throw a ball at the milk bottles and knock them down.

“OH YEAH BABY, I GOT THIS” Jack said starting to swing his arm looking like he was warming up. I was cracking up. He looked so stupid and out of place, but that was my Jack, didn’t give two flying fucks about what he was doing.

‘You got this, baby!” I said cheering him on.

“Alright watch this pro win you this teddy bear” he said and right as he was about to throw the first ball it slipped out of his hand and ended up about 20 feet away from us.

“hahahah how the hell did you manage to do that?” I said. I was hysterically laughing by now.

“Nicole, this is not funny. This is serious…that was just a warm up”

“Haha, whatever you say jacko” I said trying to keep quiet because obviously he really wanted to win that bear.

“Okay, now. Lets do this” He said flailing his hands in the air. He threw the second ball and surprisingly hit most of them down.

“THAT’S HOW YOU DO IT BITCH” He yelled so everybody could here. “ID LIKE MY PRIZE NOW”

“Jack, you have to get them all down. But you still have one more ball left” I said.

“Oh” he looked disappointed, like a little kid who just got told Santa wasn’t real. “And HEY, I have two balls thank you very much” He said thrusting his hips.

“Oh my god, just throw the damn ball haha.” He picked up the last ball, took a big breathe in and threw the ball at the 4 remaining milk bottles and actually knocked them down.

“And that’s how you mother fucking do it my friends” he said picking me up and planting a big sloppy kiss on my cheek.

“WOO. You go barakat,” I said as he put me down. The guy handed Jack the big ass teddy bear and then Jack gave it to me.

“From me to you, my love” he said smiling.

“I always wanted someone to win me a stuffed animal”

“Well, now somebody did. Wanna get something to eat?” he said. I wasn’t really hungry but I heard his stomach growling so I agreed.

He got two hot dogs, cheese fries and funnel cake and I just got some fries. As we were eating, I was thinking about us. Me and Jack. I really, really loved this guy. I know we’ve only been dating 3 months but I really cant think of being without him.

“Jack, I know you know this but I just wanted to say how much I love you. I mean, before you I never really felt love before and I know this sounds extremely cheesy but I really don’t know what I would’ve done without you this tour. With all the shit that happened with Charlie, you were there with me the whole time getting me through it. I just wanted to make sure that you knew how great of a guy you really are and how much I love you” I leaned over the table and kissed him on the lips for what seemed like 5 minutes, but it was only a couple seconds.

He just looked up and smiled at me.

“I love you too”. Even though that’s all he said, I knew it was the most meaningful “I love you” he’s ever said. He came over to my side of the table to sit next to me and gave me another passionate kiss. But this time it was more a couple of seconds.

He pulled back, and looked me in the eyes. “You are the most amazing girl, Nicole. Really. Not only are you my best friend but you are the person Im in love with. Now can we get the fuck out of here cause you’re really turning me on and I don’t think these little kids need to see me pitching a tent”.

Of course, a perfect moment and he ends it with a sex related subject. But that is the exact reason I love him.

We got back to the venue, but didn’t have time to do what were gonna do when we left the Carnival because the concert was about to start and usually we always watch each set every last show.

The show started and The Summer Set’s set went perfectly, Hey Monday’s set was awesome like usual and now it was All Time Low’s turn. I don’t know how many times, I’ve said this but I really love watching them perform. Vinny let me stop working for their set so I went backstage so I could watch them from the side.

“Alright mother fuckers, who’s ready for a new song?” Alex yelled into the mic. “Since it’s the last day of this tour we decided to play a song that we recently wrote. This song goes to a very special girl, here it goeeeees” he yelled and they started playing. I’VE never even heard of this song before. As I was listening to the lyrics, I was starting to put pieces together.

I was dreamin' we were running from a city burning down, down, down.
Made a break, a new escape, and let the world crash, down, down, down.

Now there's a piece of me,
Tells me I shouldn't leave,
Every time I see your face.
(Every time I see your face.)
Because every time
You come around
Love, you take my breath away

And I just wanna breathe until I take you in.
I never want you to leave until I take you in.
(But the truth is...)

She has no idea (no idea),
That I'm even here (that I'm even here).
She has no idea (no idea),
That I'm even here (that I'm even here).

Get a grip, slip and trip, oh the clumsy carries words, words, words.
Paper-thin fingerprints on a softly spoken verse, verse, verse.

Now there's so much of me,
Tells me not to leave,
Every time I see your face.
(Every time I see your face.)
Because every time
You come around
How do you take my breath away…….

As he was singing, he kept looking at the side of the stage and looking to me. Oh. My. God. This song is about me isn’t it? As he sang the last note he starred directly into my eyes. Still shocked, I ran out of the venue to get some air. Am I surprised? Yes. Do I know how to handle this? No.I guess their set ended because about 25 minutes later of sitting outside I got a text from Alex:

Did you like the song? You think we could meet outside or something, I need to talk to you. xo

Fuck. Alex was in love with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
1. This is definitely my favorite chapter :)
2. Sorry for the mistakes in here

Thanks for reading guys, really! <3