Status: Sequel to Daddy's Girl

When You Can't Sleep at Night

Two

Matt’s pov
I stared shocked at the short brunette that should have been dead. She had her arms crossed over her chest, pushing her cleavage up a bit. I didn’t even notice that I had dropped the photograph in my hand until she bent down and picked it up with her finely manicured French nails. Leana looked over the picture then forced it into my hands before pushing past me into the house.

“Nice place. Val always wanted a big house.” She commented, not even minding that Val was a sensitive subject for me.

I finally cleared my throat and shut the door, “You’re dead. This isn’t possible.”

She smirked, “Oh baby I’m alive.”

“But how? I was at your funeral!”

Leana rolled her eyes, “It’s easy to fake a death, just ask Val. Oh wait.”

An evil smirk tugged on her lips.

“What?” I furrowed my eyebrows, waiting for her to explain.

She walked into the living room with me hot on her heels, “Val was still alive in the hospital after she gave birth, Matt. Her heart rate was just really slow from all the meds they had her on.”

Leana paused and brushed off a clear spot for herself to sit down on the couch before continuing with her story.

“Anyways after everyone rushed out of the room to wash little Tanya and make phone calls about her birth, there was no one left in the room so I went to visit her. Oh you should have seen the surprised look she had on her face when she saw me.” Leana cackled and it took her a few minutes to compose herself.

“What did you do?” I growled.

A small giggle escaped from her plump, pink lips.

“Oh I just congratulated her on the baby and did her a favor.”

In the blink of an eye I had her by the throat, pushed back against the couch, “What the fuck did you do to the mother of my child?”

She coughed and a look of fear flashed across her face, “I just pulled the plug! We were supposed to be together! That was the plan! She dies, we run off together with Tanya, and be a happy family!”

My grip loosened and I fell back into the couch, my head in my hands. The room grew quiet and we both sat in silence. Thoughts raced through my head, I was so confused on what to do or what to think of all this. It was a lot to process.

“Why are you here?” I finally chocked out.

She rubbed her throat and waited a few minutes before speaking, “I know where she is. Tanya, that is.”

I turned my head quickly to look at her, “Where is she?”

“Miami, Florida. She’s living with him by choice.” She stressed the last part of her sentence.

I was quick to jump up and head for the stairs to pack my stuff but Leana stepped in front of me, “I’m going with.”

Even though I didn’t want her to come along I agreed just because I needed her to help me find Tanya. After I find her and kill that lanky motherfucker and this bitch, then Tanya and I can be a family again. Just the two of us like it was in the beginning.