Status: ACTIVE (:

Let Go.

Lying is the most fun a girl can have...

“Oh shit, I told Carter I would eat with him when he got off!” I yelled at myself. I grabbed my phone and called carter as fast I could.
“Hello?” he answered sounding concerned.
“So, sorry I went shopping with my mom.” I lied. Travis looked at me.
“Oh you aren’t with Travis anymore?” He asked suspicious.
“No, oh no, I told him I couldn’t talk to him anymore and uh yeah I went home and shopped with my mom.” I lied right through my teeth.
Travis looked at me again, I looked at my lap.
“Oh good, I'm just looking out for you he seems like a real shitty guy.” He explained further.
“I uh no, I never thought that, but its fine.” I explained back.
“So dinner tonight?” he asked hopeful.
“Oh I’m not hungry.” I told him truthfully.
“Alright well do you wanna come to my house say in an hour?” he sounded so excited.
“Yeah sure.” I agreed.
“Kay bye babe.” He hung up.
I sighed and looked over at Travis finally.
“So were keeping secrets from your boyfriend now?” he asked actually sounding amused.
“I just don’t want to fight with him already.” I looked down again.
“I get it, well whatever.” He shrugged.
“Travis where do you get money do you have a job?” I asked finally the curiosity getting to me.
“Well, I come from a rich family, and my grandfather died a little while ago left me some money and I sell sometimes.” He sounded very casual.
“Oh does your family live here?” I asked prying further.
“Nah they live more near Lake Oswego, you know the rich part.” He explained.
“Oh I see, are you close with them?” I asked still trying to get deeper.
“Well isn’t this getting personal?” He cleared his throat.
“I'm sorry, just I wanna know, you seem so secretive.” I shrugged defeated.
“I'm not close with them, which is why I’m here.” He answered quickly and turned up music to stop me from asking anymore questions. It’s kind of weird I never really thought about it, but Travis never talks about family or his life at all. I thought about this all the way to my house.
“Well Emma I will lie and say I won’t see you again soon.” He smiled and rolled his eyes.
“Bye Travis.” I smiled and hugged him across the car.
“Wow, two hugs in one day!” he laughed.
“Lucky you.” I shrugged and headed into my house.

I quickly got ready not putting in much effort knowing I was really tired. My mom still wasn’t home so there was no need to explain why a car pulled up soon after I was ready.
“Hello, there.” Carter smiled.
“Hey yourself.” I grinned and opened the car door.
“You look great, ready to see my house?” he asked smiling and keeping his eyes on the road.
“Well yeah… just kind of tired.” I yawned.
“How’s the piercings love?” he asked me nicely.
“Yeah kind of sore but I'm a trooper.” I lied they hurt.
“So, you weren’t hungry?” Carter asked curiously.
“Nah I had lunch, with my mom...” I lied and turned on his radio. Nothing great was playing so I tuned it out and looked out the window seeing it was starting to rain lightly.
“Hey baby were here.” He looked over at me.
I looked over, snapping out of my daze and looking at his house. It was a cute brown house, with a few windows really simple. I liked it.
“Aw its cute.” I smiled and got out of the car and headed towards the front door.
“Well Emma, here is my house.” He grinned like an idiot and opened the door. The open door revealed brown furniture, and reminded me of a cozy coffee shop.
“So movie?” Carter asked sitting on the couch and pulling me down next to him.
“Sure.” I nodded putting my head on his shoulder.
“Or I could just do this.” He leaned into me and kissed me.
“Mm, I like that option as well.” I nodded and leaned into another kiss.
“You smell different.” He pulled away.
“Well is that bad?” I asked suddenly smelling myself. That familiar smell was Travis I knew it.
“Smoke.” He confirmed.
“Oh well, you know Travis took me to get that piercing earlier and I hadn’t changed.” I explained without fail.
“Why do you smell like him though?” Carter asked eyeing my clothes.
“His car, his uh car smells like that and I was in it.” I tried again.
“Oh well, okay, as long as I don’t smell it again.” he smiled jokingly.
“Well kiss me and forget it.” I grinned and pulled him into me kissing him again.
“Okay babe.” He agreed pulling me closer and turning on the TV finding a movie. I put my head on his shoulder again, watching Pirates of the Caribbean.
“Let’s get ice cream.” I mused getting up and putting on my shoes.
“What?” Carter asked confused.
“Ice cream?” he asked more confused.
“Yep, I want it.” I nodded grabbing his keys and leading him outside.
“Oh uh okay, sounds fine...” he nodded and got in the car letting me drive.
“What was that answer?” I looked at him before backing out of the driveway.
“Thought you weren’t hungry.” He looked back at me.
“I wasn’t before, but now I want ice cream.” I explained further.
“Whatever you say Em.” He smiled.
I flinched at the name Travis used and Carter just used as well.
“What's wrong?” he asked noticing my flinch.
“Oh nothing just cold.” I lied again. Lying is really becoming a habit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hai. (: