Status: ACTIVE (:

Let Go.

Hungry Eyes.

“Emma next weekend I am not going to be home.” My mom rushed around getting ready for work.
“Right.” I nodded and sat up on my bed.
“Are you doing anything productive today?” She asked sounding condescending.
“Yes mom, I have work, and then I have plans with my boyfriend, and then I will be home.” I sighed and got up to get ready for school.
“So your boyfriend does he have a name?” she asked grabbing her bag.
“No, he doesn’t, his parents decided, a name would be too common.” I groaned at her.
“Well no need for sarcasm.” She rolled her eyes and opened the door.
“Don’t be home too late.” She smiled rudely and left.
I went through the rest of the morning getting ready and finally getting to work. Luna was sick so I had to fill in for her. Around three I was so bored the day was slow and no one was there but me.
“Small coffee.” Someone at the counter ordered, the voice sounded very familiar. I turned around and saw Carter standing there.
“Hey there.” I grinned and made his coffee handing them to him.
“It’ll be $3.75.” I grinned again.
“Well when do you get off work?” he asked me grabbing cream and sugar off the counter.
“Six.” I informed him in dismay, knowing if Luna was here I could have gotten off at four.
“Well, would It be too much if I stayed and waited for you to get off?” he asked winking and sitting down at a near table.
“Well of course not.” I smiled washing my hands.
“So, tonight what do you want to do?” he asked gingerly drinking his coffee.
“Let’s go do something.” I looked over at him.
“Like what?” he asked curiously.
“I dunno something fun!” I said hearing a door open.
“Hey there babe.” Travis came in and stopped seeing Carter.
Carter stared him down.
I swallowed hard, feeling the tension.
“What can I get you?” I asked him sounding cold and professional.
“Large coffee.” He answered smirking. He thought this was funny. This was NOT funny this was bad really bad and awkward. I gave him a dirty look.
“Don’t worry sweetie I got this.” He whispered winking.
“I haven’t heard from you in a long time forget about me?” he asked sadly taking his coffee and paying me.
“I’ve been busy with Carter.” I nodded back.
“Well no big deal don’t forget about me Em.” He smiled using my name he made.
“Yep see ya.” I tried hoping he’d leave.
“Bye Carter, great seeing you!” he grinned sarcastically and left.
“Well that ruined my mood.” Carter grunted.
“Well that doesn’t surprise me…” I tried to joke.
“I'm glad you haven’t talked to him.” He nodded taking a last sip of coffee standing up to throw it away.
“Yep, I know.” I nodded. I knew I was lying I had saw Travis three times in the last two weeks.
The next three hours went by faster, thanks to Carter talking to me.
“So how about we go to have some fun?” he asked after I was taking my apron off.
“Yes please.” I answered cheerful.
“Okay go change.” He replied and motioned to the room behind the counter.
“Will do.” I nodded and walked into the break room grabbing extra clothes to change into.
I quickly made my way to Carter again. We walked outside and I locked up.
“I missed you.” He pulled me into a hug.
“I know those three days were dreadful.” I smiled back and hugging him.
“I know.” He agreed and made my way into the car.
“Where to?” I asked.
“How about bowling?” he asked driving towards the nearest bowling alley, about thirty minutes away.

“NO I WON.” I pouted knowing I lost.
“Whatever you say.” He laughed at me.
“Shut up and take me home?” I playfully asked meanly.
“How about we go to my home?” he suggested as we made our way to the car.
He pressed me against the door of the car.
“You are very nice looking tonight.” He smiled pressing harder.
“What are you getting at?” I playfully asked.
“You can come to my house and maybe go home tomorrow?” he asked hinting towards something we hadn’t done yet.
“Na uh.” I shook my head.
“Come on babe.” He begged.
“No Carter.” I pulled away and opened the door.
“You are killing me.” He groaned and got in the car.
“Yep.” I ignored the comment.
“Don’t do that.” He rolled his eyes.
“Do what?” I asked icily.
This argument has become more frequent. He wanted to have sex with me. He’s brought it up at least three times since we have been together.
“Give me a one word answer.” He answered me.
“Kay.” I ignored him.
“Em.” He tried.
“Don’t call me Em my name is Emma.” I rolled my eyes.
“Don’t be like that Emma.” He tried harder.
“Okay fine, but when I am ready I’ll let you know.” I told him seeing we were starting to near my house.
“Okay Emma I am sorry.” He truly apologized.
“Alright.” I accepted reluctantly.
We pulled up to my house. And I grabbed my stuff, kissing Carter quickly and leaving. Well that was pleasant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short.