Status: ACTIVE (:

Let Go.

This Magic Moment

“Em, your phone!” Travis grumbled in his sleep.
I grunted and opened my eyes to find my obnoxious phone.
“Fuck whoever that is.” Travis groaned again.
I found it on the side table next to my bed. It was seven in the morning, the sun just barely up, and Luna was calling me.
“Fuck you Luna.” I mumbled feeling agitated.
“Are you coming back, you've been gone for a week already.” She sounded bored.
“This couldn't have waited to ask me this later say, I don’t know, around noon?” I asked her sounding more awake.
“Em, go somewhere.” Travis mumbled next to me.
I stood up and went into the living area closing the door quietly.
“Has my mom called you?” I asked her sitting on the comfy couch.
“No, are you coming home yet?” she asked once again.
“No not yet, I’m happy here.” I stated getting up to make coffee.
“So what you’re just not going to come back ever?” she sounded more annoyed now.
“I don’t know.” I sighed waiting for my coffee to be done, leaning against the cabinets.
“Whatever, I guess your job and me ad your mom are just be forgotten.” She sounded angry now.
“I never said that, Luna I care for you, you’re my best friend, it’s not that, my mom hasn’t called, she isn’t concerned; fuck the job I can get a different one!” I yelled back.
“If I mean anything, why can’t you tell me how long?” she mumbled angrily.
“Because I don’t know!” I yelled feeling dumb, that I couldn’t even answer that to myself.
“Fuck it, just don’t come back.” She hung up without another word.
I just stared at my coffee for a second before quietly making a cup. I felt empty for a second. I felt sad, sad that she just said that. Sad that I felt as if I messed up something else. I looked up to see Travis standing at the bedroom door.
“Are you alright, what happened?” he asked sitting on the couch.
“Nothing, I felt a tear roll down my face, I quickly got rid of it and pushed the feelings away.
“Em are you crying?” he asked walking into the kitchen now.
“No, I’m fine, what do you want to do today?” I asked brushing him off and walking away.
“I don’t care.” He answered pouring himself a cup of coffee.
“I want to go to the zoo.” I said randomly.
“The zoo?” he asked smiling.
“Want to know a secret?” I asked him.
“Tomorrow is my birthday.” I shrugged before he could answer.
“Really? Is that why Luna called?” he asked kissing my cheek drinking his coffee.
“Something like that.” I lied.
“Well, I have a surprise for you then tonight.” He promised winking.
“But tomorrow is my birthday, why tonight?” I asked confused.
“That’s for me to know.” He grinned.
“Well can we go to the zoo?” I asked cheering up.
“Yes the zoo.” Travis agreed and nodded and went onto the balcony.

I went into the bedroom to change into a pink chiffon top that I tucked into the same light pink colored skirt to make a dress
“Travis get dressed!” I shouted out the bedroom door pulling my hair down and walking into the bedroom. I plugged my straightener in to heat up.
“Baby are you already dressed?” he asked smiling and laying on the bed.
“Stop being lazy!” I teased him quickly running the straightener through my hair.
” I'm going to smoke then we can leave.” He stated a few minutes after getting dressed.
“Want me to leave the straightener on?” I asked him looking at his messy head.
“Yes.” He nodded grabbing a cigarette carton of bunts.

I followed him outside and smoked with him for a few minutes before he went inside to get ready. I looked over the balcony at the scenic views. Knowing I did miss Luna, I was being irresponsible I loved it. This moment, me smoking looking over the balcony. It suddenly felt different. I was different. I was changing. I could sense it, and I was happy with it, it felt good to be bad. Maybe it was the fact that my mom and I were done, or that Luna was pissed at me, or maybe it was the fact that I was miles away from home and happy that made me change.

“Are you ready to go soon Em?” he asked after getting ready.
“No, I don’t want to go to the zoo anymore, show me a good time, a really good time, I want to experience something else.” I looked at him sharply.
“Let’s go.” Travis grinned grabbing all of the clothes and other things we bought, into the suitcases we invested in.
“Where?” I asked amused, and ready for anything.
“I have an idea, but if you want to go, you have to let me surprise you.” He smirked and put a cigarette between his lips.
“Fine.” I wasn't going to ask I genuinely was fine with anything. I helped him with our stuff and as soon as we finished throwing everything in a few bags we were out the door.

He ran to the elevator I followed behind him just as quick, like if we didn’t make it to where we were going the world would end.
“I don’t know what has gotten into you, I love it.” Travis winked with the cigarette still in between his lips, not yet lit either.
“You’re wild!” I yelled laughing.
Travis looked at me confused as he pressed the main lobby button.
“Haven’t you seen Dirty Dancing, the part where Baby and Johnny are in the car after he breaks the window in his car, she screams that?” I explained shrugging.
“Nope.” He shook his head still confused.
“Well we will have to watch it.” I said within my smile.
Travis and I happily walked up to the front desk to check out.
“Thank you for staying with us, Mr. and Mrs. Williams!” A brown haired short older woman called after us as we walked out the door.

I looked one last look at the hotel we had spent over a week in. we got in Travis’s car soon after, and I was jittery the whole way to the airport. It took exactly forty five minutes to get to the airport. I timed it. The whole entire ride. It astonished me, how Travis didn't seem to care about anything. He was always willing to leave. I loved it. I smiled to myself feeling so careless. I felt my phone vibrate to see that my mom called me and left me a voice mail.

We entered the busy airport, busy with business people, families some with little kid and stressed out parents, and old people in wheel chairs, and then there was us.
“I'm going to get our tickets, you stay here.” He smiled that signature goofy grin. I nodded and sat down in a nearby seat, listening to my mom’s voice mail.
“Emma it’s your mother, I just wanted to tell you although I doubt you care, your boss called and you are for sure fired, and I need you to be home tomorrow or else. Well, then I guess I want you to move all your stuff out whenever you do get back.” She spoke slowly. This did not surprise me. But I would not be home tomorrow; I’d be wherever Travis was buying tickets to. I sighed and deleted the message seeing Travis rush towards me.
“We have about twenty minutes before we board, first class.” He smiled and kissed me.

“Can I know where were going now?” I asked turning off my phone.
“When we get on the plane.” Travis smiled.
I rolled my eyes and laid my head on his shoulder. I was so content. I felt myself drift into my own thoughts for a few minutes. Travis soon interrupted me.
“I'm thirty; let’s go get something to drink.” He stood up and started walking. I followed behind him and spotted a bar. I stopped Travis.
“I want a daiquiri.” I smiled and looked at him.
“I was thinking coffee, but I can get you that.” Travis walked up to the bar after I told him exactly what I wanted flavor and all.
“I want coffee.” He took my hand and we walked to the Starbucks.

By time we paid and started walking back it was time to board. I anxiously boarded the plane after finishing my drink. We sat in our nice seats and waited. And soon enough everyone was boarded.
“Thank you for flying with us, Viva Las Vegas, here we come!” The pilot called over the intercom. I smiled. Vegas. Should have known. I was so ready.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really love this chapter.