Status: Active (:

Behind Those Lies.

Don't worry my love, everything's alright

Image

Stephanie sat on Matt's bed leaning against Matt as they watched The Departed. She looked at him to see his eyes were looked on the TV.

"Matt." She said causing him to look away from the TV.

"What's up Steph?"

"Can we go out or something?" She asked sitting up.

"Love we went out last night."

"So?"

"Stephanie I leave for tour in two weeks I want to spend as much time relaxing as possible."

"But that's so boring." She wined.

"I'm sorry I just don't want to go out."

"Fine when this movies over I'm gonna head home." She said leaning against Matt again.

"Are you going home because I won't go out?" He asked staring at her at she looked at the TV.

"No I'm going home because I'm to take a shower before I go over my parent’s house for dinner."

"Are you sure it not because I won't I out?"

"Yes Matt I'm positive." She said rolling her eyes.

When the movie was over Stephanie gathered up her stuff and head out to her car with Matt right behind her.

"Promise me you aren't mad at me." Matt said grabbing her hand and pulling her back. She bit her bottom lip and knitted her eyebrows, as she stared into his brown eyes before saying anything. She could tell by the look in his eyes he hated that she might be mad at him.

“I’m not mad.” Just at those three little words she said the relief in his eyes.

“I love you, more then you realize.” He said making a rush of guilt take over her.

“I know how much you do, and I love you too.” She said before pressing her lips to his. “I’ll text you later.”
Stephanie got in her car and drove over to Max’s flat. She knocked on the door and he opened the door with a smile on his face.

“What are you doing here love?” He asked while signaling for her to come in.

“I’m not very sure.”

“Do you want to talk about anything?” Max asked walking toward the couch.

“Max why all the sudden do you want me back?” She asked catching him off guard.

“What?”

“Why all the sudden is it different?” She asked sitting on the couch next to him.

“I’ve wanted you back since the day after we broke up for good.”

“I’m with Matt, and he loves me more then anything, and here you are making me fall in love with you again.”

“Stephanie Rose I never quit loving you.” He said smiling.

“Max I love you, but I’m not in love with you, but all the sudden you’re making me fall in love with you all over again.”

“So?” He said shrugging his shoulder like it wasn’t a big deal.

“Max do you not see what’s wrong here?” She asked annoyed.

“Love you were mind first.” He said gnawing on his bottom lip.

“Max this isn’t a game.”

“I never said it was love.”

“So what do we do?” She asked.

“We probably shouldn’t hang out alone anymore.” He said staring into her blue eyes.

“It’s probably best.” She said standing up. “I guess I’ll see you at your party on Saturday.” She said before opening the front door.

“I’ll see you there.”

Aria sat on top of Josh’s sheet cover waist sticking her tongue at him as she wore only her bra and underwear. He had his hands rested on her thighs. “You know you’re a tease right?”

“Of course I do.” She said smiling.

“So tell me how you didn’t have all the boys at your school falling at your feet.” He said gently grabbing her forearm and twisting it over so he could trace one of the many tattoos she had.

“Because I was awkward in high school, and I dated the same guy my junior and senior year.” She said laughing lightly.

“Well what about the first two years of high school.”

“The awkwardness helped with that one.” She said looking into his blue eyes.

“You’re awkward now and I still want to shag you.” Josh said laughing.

“Well I’m glad to know that I’m still awkward.”

“You said it love.” He said pointing at her and scrunching his face up all cute, as Aria rolled her eyes.

“Tell me again why I’m sleeping with you.”

“Because you find me to be completely irresistible.” He said laughing.

“I see some ones humble.” She said poking Josh’s chest, as they both laughed.

They quit laughing when they heard Stephanie car pull up in front of the house. “Fuck.” Aria said as she hopped off of Josh.

“Don’t panic.” He said reaching on the ground and grabbing his boxers and pulling them on. Aria ran around the room picking up Josh’s clothes.

“Get in the closet.” She said shoving him towards the closet as she handed him his clothes.

“Are serious?” He said giving her a confused look before shutting the closet door. She ran over to her dresser and grabbed her pajamas and through them on.

“Aria.” Stephanie said knocking Aria’s door.

“Come in.”

Stephanie walked in and went and sat down on the edge of Aria’s bed and sighed. “Did you just get up?” She asked wonder why Aria’s bed was unmade and was still in her pajamas.

“No, I’ve been up since ten. I’ve just been chilling in bed watching movies and stuff.” She said running her fingers through her hair.

“Oh well I’m going to go take a shower and stuff before we head over to my parents house.” She said standing up.

“Okay. I’ll take one after you.”

The second Aria heard Stephanie shut her bedroom door she opened her closet door. “You know I could stay and help you take your shower.” Josh said giving her grin.

“You wish. We had a close enough call here; we don’t really need to risk it again by showering together.” She said rolling her eyes.

“Fine.” He said stepping into his skinny jeans.

“You need to get out of here ASAP.” She said opening her bedroom door.

“Okay.” He said walking towards her and pressing his lips to her forehead. “Calm down we didn’t get caught.”

“We came pretty close.” She said as he wrapped his arms around her.

“Aria what’s the worst that would have happened if we did get caught?” He asked giving her a questioning look.

“I don’t know and I don’t want to find out.” She said pushing away from him.

“Well I guess I’ll text you later.” He said before quickly pecking her on the lips.

“Okay.” She smiled.

Stephanie quickly got dressed as Aria took a shower. As soon as they were both dressed they head over to Stephanie’s parents house across town.

They walked inside to the smell of Mrs. Adams cooking grilled chicken. “Mom we’re here.” Stephanie said as they both walked into the kitchen.

“Hey you two.” Her mom said walking over and pulling them both into one big hug. “Where’s dad?”

“He’s working late he’ll be here soon.” She said walking back towards the stove. “You girls should go hang out in the living room while I finish cooking.”

“Okay.” They both said.

“So what did you do today?” Aria asked sitting down on the couch.

“I just hung out Matt’s house and watch a movie.” She said looking at the wall by the front door that had pictures of her growing up. There was one of her and Max sitting on the swings at the park down the street from when they had been dating a year. Then there was one next to it of her and Matt sitting on the front step outside. She sat between his legs with a hug smile on her face.

“Steph what are you looking at?” Aria asked noticing that Stephanie wasn’t paying attention.

“Just the picture of me and Matt on the wall.” She said pointing at the picture.

“Oh you guys look cute.”

“Thanks.”

“You and Matt are really the perfect couple.” Aria said causing Stephanie to feel guilty.

“We’re the furthest thing from perfect.”

“You’re pretty close.” Aria said.

“He’s perfect, and I’m the one who makes us not perfect.”

“Why is that?” Aria asked confused.

“I can’t really explain it.”

“Dinner time.” Her dad said walking through the front door.

“Hi Daddy.” Stephanie said standing up. She was glad her dad showed up so she wouldn’t have to continue her conversation with Aria.
♠ ♠ ♠
* The girls outfits
* I want to thank Rawrrrrrrrr, lovelyhope and dzsinidzsoni for commenting.
* This is one of my favorite chapters. This is the beginning of Stephanie's internal struggle.
I See Stars: What This Means To Me