Status: Active (:

Behind Those Lies.

This place is not quite what it seems

Image

Stephanie woke up wrapped in Max's arms. She rolled over and looked at Max who was sound asleep.

"How long have you been watching me sleep?" He asked barely opening his eyes.

"For less then a minute and you make it sound so creepy." Stephanie said sitting up and pulling the blanket up to cover herself.

"Its not creepy at all love." He said sitting up next to her with a smile on her face.

"Good." She smiled as she reached to grab her phone off the night stand. She looked at her phone to see she had two texts one from Aria asking if everything was okay. Then she frowned as she read the other one.

Matt Barnes (mobile)
I'm really sorry about the fight, can we please talk. I love you.


She read his text three times to herself. Each time she read it she felt more and more guilty.

"Why the long face love?" Max asked.

"Matt texted me telling me he was sorry." she said sitting her phone back down.

"Oh." Was all he could say.

"I think I need to go talk to him." She said reaching on the floor and picking up her underwear and bra. "I mean I owe it to him."

"Are you going to break up with him?" Max asked reaching on the floor and picking up boxers.

"No." She said getting dressed.

"So you're just going to continue you dating him even though you have feelings for me?" Max asked annoyed.

"Max I can't just break up with him. Us sleeping together was a mistake. Both times it was."

"You might think it was a mistake, but I sure as hell don't." He said as he pulled his shirt on.

"Max I need to talk to Matt." She said running her fingers through her brown hair.

"Fine go talk to Matt then." Max said rolling his eyes.

Stephanie got in her car and took a deep breath before driving towards Matt's house. She really wasn't sure how her conversation with Matt as going to turn out. Sure her and Matt had fought before, but the only fights they'd ever had we're over stupid things, and the fight never ended with her sleeping with Max. Stephanie was most scared of Matt finding out she slept with Max. She didn't want to fid out how he would act if he found out.

When she got to his place she went and knocked on the door. She bit her lip and looked at the floor as she heard some one grab the door knob. She looked up shocked to see Dan open the door. "Is Matt here?" She asked.

"Yeah he's in his bedroom."

"I'm gonna go talk to him." She said walking inside.

She walked down the hallway and knocked on Matt's door. "Come in." She heard him say.

She walked inside to Matt walking out of his bathroom. "Hi Stephanie." He said awkwardly.

"Well this is awkward." She said looking into his brown eyes.

"I know what you mean love." He said sitting down on the edge of his bed. “We never really fight, so we don’t ever have to worry about the awkward apologies.” Matt said as Stephanie sat down next to him.

“We never fight over anything big like this.” She said crossing her hands in her lap.

“I guess that was one of the perks of being best friends before we started dating, we knew everything about each other. We usually know when not to push each other to the edge.” Matt said running his fingers through his hair. “Max is exception for all of it though.”

Stephanie was silent, she just looked at her feet.

“I need to realize Max is always going to be there. I mean he was pretty much your first everything. I need to stop being jealous of him, and realize nothing going on.” Matt said staring at her as she looked at the ground.

“I need to stop flirting with him.” Stephanie said feeling guilty.

“That would help.” Matt bit his lip looking at her waiting for her to look up.

“Are we okay then?” She asked finally looking at him.

“Of course we are.” He said placing his hand on her thigh. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” She said before pressing her lips to his.

“We should go get Dan and head over to your house.” Matt said standing up.

“Okay sounds good to me.”

Matt and Stephanie walked into the living room where Dan was sitting on the couch watching TV. “Well it looks like you two are fine.” Dan said as soon as he saw them.

“Yeah, now get up we’re heading over Stephanie’s house.” Matt said patting him on the shoulder.

“Why do I have to go?” Dan said standing up with a confused look on his face.

“Because I said so.” Matt said walking towards the door.

When they go to Stephanie and Aria’s house, Aria was sitting in the living room watching TV. Dan walked in slowly as Matt and Stephanie went to her room.

“Well looks like they ditched me.” Dan said walking over and sitting on the couch.

“What?” Aria asked confused.

“Matt told me I had to come over and then went off to probably shag Stephanie in her room.”

“Well that’s just awkward.” Aria said looking into his blue eyes.

“Why is it awkward?” Dan asked.

“Because I don’t want to think about them having or anyone having sex.”

“So I take it sex makes you feel awkward.” Dan said smiling.

“Having sex doesn’t make me feel awkward; talking sex on the other hand makes me feel awkward.”

“I know for a fact you’re not awkward when you have sex.” He said smiling as Aria gave him an unamused look.

“You just had to throw that in there, didn’t you?” She giving him the same very unmused looked.

“Of course I did love.” He smiled. “So how exactly did you deal with Stephanie moving to England?” He asked really wanting to know. He could image one of his own friends moving to a totally different continent.

“I don’t know how I handled it as well as I did.” She said twisting on the couch so that she was facing him as she sat cross legged. “I remember her coming over to my house and told me she wanted to go hang out at the park. Which was code for she wanted to go smoke on the play ground. We walked over and we were both on our first cigarette when she finally spoke. She told me that she was going to be moving in a month.”

“How did that make you feel?” He asked sitting sideways so he could look into her green eyes.

“I remember being in shock, and asking her where she was going to move. Then she told me she was going to be moving to England. As soon as I realized she said England I started to cry. As soon as I started crying she started crying. We told each other we were going to stay close and Skype and talk all the time and we really did.”

“Not many people follow through with staying in contact.” Dan said.

“Yeah I know and I’m surprised we did.” She said staring “Dan not to ruin the moment, but this is a different side of you I’ve never seen.”

“I guess we really have never really talked to per say.” He said realizing she was right.

“We really never do.” She said biting her lip. “I don’t know if it’s just me, but we kinda seem a lot less awkward right now.” She smiled.

“We’re not being awkward for once.” As he was talking she realized how much she liked his accent.

“This is going to be weird, but I really like your accent.” She said blushing lightly. She felt slightly embarrassed for no reason.

“I like yours too.”

“I don’t have one.”

“You have an American accent love.” He said smiling at how cute she looked saying she didn’t have an accent.

“Well it looks like you two are getting along for once.” Matt said as him and Stephanie walked into the living room.

“How was the shag you two?” Dan asked raising his eyebrows.

“We didn’t shag for you information Daniel, I went and changed my clothes.” Stephanie said glaring at him.

“Of course you did.” He laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Girls Outfits
* Wow my life has been super crazy right now. Sorry if everything seems slow. I'm also sorry if you read any of my other stories. I literally haven't been able to write any. This is all prewritten.
*Let me know what you think.
Thanks to heartsinruins, lovelyhope, and xoxo_aj_xoxo for commenting.
Chapter title and picture lyrics from Mayday Parade: Get Up