Status: Active (:

Behind Those Lies.

I need a second to catch my breath

Image

Aria walked into the living room to find Stephanie putting a large bowl of popcorn on the coffee table next another larger bowl of popcorn. “I feel like I’m missing something.” Aria said leaning against the wall.

“We're having a movie night tonight.” Stephanie said as she walked into the kitchen.

“Really?” Aria said raising her eyebrows.

“Yep so shut up and help me get everything ready.”

“You could say please.” Aria said grabbing a small bowl of m&ms from the counter.

“Aria will you please shut up and help me?” Stephanie asked turning around while holding a bottle of wine.

“Of course.” Aria laughed walking into the kitchen.

“So who’s all going to be here tonight?” Aria asked sitting down on the couch.

“Not Josh if that’s what you’re worried about. Also Chris is at a family dinner over Georgina house.” Stephanie said sitting down next to her.

“I don’t care if Josh is over or not.”

“Aria don’t lie, you are beyond nervous for your first encounter with Josh after your night of drunken rough sex.” Stephanie said laughing.

“Quit calling it that.” Aria whined.

“But it’s what it is.” Stephanie said as she continued to laugh.

“Can you please just say when were slept together or something. Please?” Aria asked as Stephanie looked at her phone.

“I’m not sure if I can do that.” She said standing up.

“I hate you so much right now.” Aria whined.

“I love you too.” Stephanie laughed as she opened the front door,

“Who do you love other then me?” Matt asked walking inside follow my Max and Dan.

“That lovely lady sitting on the couch says she hates me.” Stephanie said pointing at Aria.

“Why did she say that?” Max asked.

“Because I won’t quit giving her a hard time.” Stephanie said shrugging her shoulders.

“What are you giving her a hard time about?” Max asked while Dan walked down the hall towards the bathroom.

Aria shot her a look telling her to lie while Stephanie just smiled at her. “About when she first smoked and about coughed up a lung.” Stephanie lied like it was no big deal.

“Nothing wrong with not being able to smoke.” Matt said.

“Matt only says that because he doesn’t smoke.” Max said.

“Can we quit the talk about smoking and watch the movie?” Aria said standing up as Dan walked back into the room.

“Sure.” Matt said lacing his fingers with Stephanie and walked towards the three seater couch.

“What movie are we watching?” Max asked sitting next to Matt.

“Kickass.” Stephanie said handing the DVD to Aria to put on. Everyone was sat down as Aria put the movie on. She looked around to see the only open spot was next Dan. As she walked towards the couch Dan moved as far away as possible from where Aria was going to sit.

About thirty minutes into the movie Max’s eyes were glued to the TV, Matt and Stephanie were wrapped up in each others arms. Whenever Aria would reach for popcorn she would catch Dan staring at her. When ever she would make eye contact with him she would quickly look away feeling awkward.

“Dan why in the bloody hell are you sitting as far as physically possible away from Aria?” Max asked causing Matt and Stephanie to look at Dan and Aria.

Dan was quiet for a moment. “I feel like I’m getting a cold or something and I don’t want to get her sick.” He said covering his mouth.

“Okay?” Max said before going back to watching the movie.

“I need a smoke.” Aria said standing up and walking towards her room to grab her cigarettes.

“I’ll join you love.” Max said hopping up.

The two of them walked outside and Aria sat down on the porch step. She stuck the cigarette in her mouth and lit it. She passed the lighter to Max as she inhaled the smoke.

“Did I do something to make Dan hate me?” She asked as she exhaled the smoke.

“No love he’s just a twat.”

“He’s always giving these weird looks.” She said as he inhaled the smoke.

“Dan’s a strange guy. He doesn’t know how to act around girls.” He said before placing the cigarette to his lips. “How are you love, outside of being annoyed with Dan?” Max asked causing her to smile.

“I’m trying to remember everything from the party the other night.” She said resting her elbows on her knees.

“What was the last thing you remember maybe I can help?” Max said sitting down next to her.

“I remember making out with Josh on the counter.”

“Oh little Joshua got some action.” Max said laughing.

“Max you’re not making me feel any better.” She said rolling her eyes.

“Sorry love.”

“I also remember coming to at one point and walking in my room with Josh.” She said as Max bit his lip knowing where this was going. “You don’t even have to say anything. I know I had sex with Josh.” She said sighing.

“That actually quite funny because Josh isn’t the type of person to shag after only knowing a girl a day.” Max said running his fingers through his hair.

“Well then I must be special.” She said putting her cigarette.

“There’s got to be something special about you if he shagged you on the first night. Josh is the type of bloke that wants to be in a relationship and date you a while before he shags ya.” He said letting a light chuckle pass his lips.

“Yay I bring out Josh’s inner whore.” She said sarcastically putting her handing in the air.

“Well love you don’t know how many girls across the world are jealous of you.” He said laughing.

“Fucking Stephanie said the same exact thing, and it didn’t make me feel better then, and it sure as hell doesn’t now.”

“What can I say me and Steph are quiet similar.” He said smiling.

“I’ve noticed.” She said rolling her eyes. “Max do me a favor and please don’t tell people everything I said out here.”

“Of course my lips are sealed love.” He said running his to fingers across his lips as if he zipped the closed.

“Thank you for listening.”

“Any time Aria.”

They walked back inside to find Dan, Matt, and Stephanie’s eyes all glued on the movie. Aria walked back over and sat back down next to Dan, and grabbed a handful of popcorn. She smiled at him as he looked at her. Dan smiled back quickly and looked back at the table. That single smile Dan gave her made her feel a little bit better.
♠ ♠ ♠
The girls outfits
I love Max in this story. What do you guys think about Max in this story? What do you guys think of everything.
* I want to thank these lovely ladies for commenting xoxo_aj_xoxo, heartsinruins, saveredheads, and lovelyhope. Please comment it means the world to me.
Chapter title and picture lyrics from All Time Low: Do You Want Me (Dead?)