Status: Comments = Updates

How to Love

A Spoonful of Jimmy made Larissa a little Crazy

Six Months Later

"The last box has been unpacked" Broderick yelled putting his hands up in the air in victory. I walked into the living room, which was the last room to be unpacked since we decided to buy everything new, to try and forget or at least move on from our New York past. We needed a new start, and with the exception of the money, our lives were going to the way things were before we won the lottery and moved. Damien was the first one on the couch, and practically jumped on the couch, "Finally! Sweet Comfort" he rolled around on the couch as if he never been on, let alone lay on one. "Geez, Damien act your age not your shoe size" Zahra said.

Damien rolled his eyes, "At least I'm not a rebellious brat trying to get attention" Zahra then glared at Damien and retorted, "At least I'm going to school and doing something with my life, instead of just clicking on the computer and getting us a flight to California and then doing absolutely nothing you immature, lazy asshole" Damien scoffed and sat up, "Look you little bitch, I had to do a lot for this family so don't say I'm lazy, there are a lot of things you don't know so I suggest you keep that little trap shut" Within moments Zahra and Damien were chest to chest.

I leaned against the doorframe, and waited before I had to intervene, Zahra scoffed, "Oh please, the only person I remember doing anything was Larissa" That was when I got in between both Zahra and Damien, "Why you little--" I interrupted them "Okay that is enough. Zahra, Damien is right, you don't know much about what he did for us because most likely you don't remember, but Damien had to grow up fairly quickly than most kids his age. So that allows him to act immature, but only sometimes" I looked at Damien smirk fell of his face when I said those last two words.

"Damien, Zahra has every right to act rebellious because she also has been through most stuff that no normal teenager has, so if she wants to act like a bitch then let her, but only sometimes" Zahra looked away ashamed feeling that she disappointed me. I put a hand on her shoulder, "I'm not disappointed, just please try to not bitch at your brother" I asked. "I'll try" she mumbled, I smiled, "That's all I ask. Now kiss and make up" I took a step back, and neither made a move, I sighed. "Now! Or I'll bring Sadie and Luna in here" Damien and Zahra groaned. And with much hesitation in both parts hugged and kissed each other on the cheek.

I was about to walk out the living room to start dinner when I felt someone tug on my dress. I looked down to see Sadie and Luna holding hands and holding their plush. "Yes?" Sadie being the most confident one out the two said, "Rissa, can we watch a mooby?" I smiled, "Of course sweetie, why don't you go pick a movie while I make and bring you guys some popcorn and juice boxes" "Otay" Sadie said. Sadie and Luna were the youngest and last of our family, and those two little girls had everyone wrapped around their finger except for me, since I had experience in that certain phase a few times.

"All right, so Sadie and Luna are picking a movie, who wants to help me make dinner?" I asked. "Can we taste the food while we make it?" Valentino and Damien asked at the same time. I nod, "Score!!" They yelled out again at the same time. I rolled my eyes at them, Sadie and Luna handed me their movie choice which was, 'The Princess and the Frog', and I then left everyone except for Valentino and Damien in the living room to watch the movie while I made dinner.

I made popcorn and handed them juice boxes, so that they wouldn't spoil their dinner. In the kitchen, Valentino and Damien tasted the food as it was made, and I made two Apple pies. Once dinner was done, Valentino and Damien set the table, I called out, "Dinner is ready" and I place the pies on the window that was facing the house next door. The movie was placed on pause and everyone practically ran into the dining room to start eating the food. I had made mashed potatoes, gravy, and barbecue chicken and steamed veggies. As usual Sadie, Luna, Bernard, Skylar and Broderick didn't eat their veggies, "If you don't eat the veggies you won't get pie" as soon as I was done with that sentence they ate their veggies with moans of protest.

Since I was done with my plate I took mine to the kitchen to place in the sink and to check on the pies. When I looked up to the window there in the window was a man with a fork in his hand ready to eat my pies. "Don't Scream" the blue eyes man pleaded, but I ignored his plead and screamed. Broderick and Damien being the oldest brothers ran into the kitchen and I pointed into the window, Broderick looked out the window and Damien ran outside the door to try and catch the man. Alaine and Zahra kept the everyone in the dining room to not scare the others. Broderick sat me down on the stool that was in the kitchen and handed me a water, I sipped it and said, "Look let's feed the others, so they'll think nothing is wrong" Broderick nodded, but before I could cut the pie. There was a thud and a door opening, "Get in there" Damien said, and roughly pushed the man inside our home. "Broderick put him in the living room while I call the cops" Damien said, and Broderick pushed him onto the couch, "No don't call the cops I just wanted some pie that was on the window"

Broderick and Damien looked at him like he was crazy, but then again everyone in Queens knew that Larissa made the best Apple pie known to man. "Are you serious? You scared my sister for a piece of pie" the blue eyed man then looked at me with the biggest puppy dog eyes I've ever seen, "Well, it smelled so good, I'm sorry" I narrowed my eyes, "Don't bother that look doesn't work on me" he slumped his shoulders and bowed his head. I sighed, I left towards the kitchen to the give pies to the ones waiting in the dining room, when I was done with that I grabbed the last three slices of pie, and headed towards the living room. I gave one to Broderick and Damien and the last pie that I held in my hand, I gave to the blue eyes man. "What the hell Larissa?" Damien said, "Yeah, he just scared the Bejesus out of you and you're giving him pie?!" Broderick said in shock.

"Yes, I am. Is there a problem?" I looked at Broderick and Damien daring them to say something, "I didn't think so, so either eat your pie or I'll take it away and I'll give it to him" Their eyes widened in horror in the thought of someone else eating Larissa’s' amazing apple pie. They sat down on the couch and ate their pie with disgruntlement. I sat down next to the blue eyed man, "I'm Larissa by the way" the man looked at me and grinned, "I'm Jimmy, but I feel bad for taking the last piece of pie from you" "Damn straight he should" Damien mumbled, and I pretended to not hear. I shook my head, "Don't worry; I indulged myself when I was baking it". "Well, in that case" Jimmy said before he forked his pie and shoved half of it into his mouth, "MMM....So fricking good" I giggled. He swallowed his pie, "So is anybody else living here with you guys?" I nodded, "Yes, my other brothers and sisters" His eyes widened, "No shit, where are they?" he asked as he looked around the living room, as if they were hiding somewhere. "I'll go get them" He nodded. I went to the dining room and waved them over to the living room, "Jimmy these are my brothers and sisters" I pointed to my siblings from youngest to oldest.

"These are Sadie and Luna; they are two, Bernard; five, Skylar; Six, Valentino and Darien; Thirteen, Zahra; Fifteen" Jimmy nodded and waved, "You know Broderick; he's 17 and Damien; who is 21" "Unfortunately" Jimmy mumbled, I again pretended not to hear. "And lastly, my sister Alaine; she's 19" Jimmy looked at Alaine and smiled, "Hi" he said dreamily, Alaine being shy, blushed and stuttered "He-ello". Alaine then sat next to Damien and ate her pie in silence. He cleared his throat, "Well, it looks like you and I are going to be best neighbors”
Last night was eventful to say the least, I had found out that Jimmy was our next door neighbor whose kitchen window faced mine and apparently lived alone. In a way I felt bad, since he was alone in the large house, so I offered him to come over any time. He instantly agreed, although I think it had something to do with my sister. Anyways, I woke up this morning with both Sadie and Luna at my sides, snuggled deep in their plushes. I tried to maneuver my way off the bed without waking them up, which was borderline impossible, and what made it more difficult was that the doorbell rang. I groaned lowly so that Sadie and Luna didn’t hear me. After an excruciating ten minutes I was able to get out of bed without waking either twin. I walked down the stairs and opened the door to see Jimmy and an unknown man with him.

Jimmy’s and the unknown man’s eyes widened at me, Jimmy averted his eyes, while the other just looked shamelessly at me. I was completely oblivious to what I was wearing, “Uh, Rissa?” I smiled at them both, “Yeah?” he pointed down to my outfit; I looked down confused when I forgot that I was wearing my nightgown, which only reached below my butt. I gasped, “Oh my god!” and slammed the door, “I’ll be right back just give me five minutes” I said over the door. I ran upstairs to see Sadie and Luna awake, most likely from the door that I slammed. “Rissa” Sadie said sleepily, “what you doin’?”

“Nothing, Jimmy is downstairs with a friend, why don’t you go open the door” Sadie grinned when she found out it was Jimmy, she had taken a liking to him and Luna was right behind her. After I changed, I walked downstairs and greeted Jimmy and his friend. “Jimmy-pop, whose your fwiend?” I heard Sadie ask. Jimmy looked over at me, and said, “Well, I came over for breakfast, but my friend here decided to come over to my place to bug me” he playfully glared at his friend, who rolled his eyes at Jimmy. “He’s Matt by the way” Luna carefully walked over to Matt and pulled his pant leg, and when Matt looked down at her, she raised her hands indicating that she wanted to be held. Never letting go of her stuffed animal, Matt picked her up and held her on his hip.

I smiled, “This is a first time Luna does that” The first words spoken from Matt, “Really?” I nod, “She must really like you” I smile at the confidence it took for Luna to do that, “Breakfast should be done in half an hour, if you want you guys can go to the living room and watch TV with the girls” Jimmy nods and takes Matt and the twins to the living room, putting on Dora. “Dora!” I hear Sadie ad Jimmy yell, I giggle as I start peeling potatoes. Minutes later I see Damien walk into the kitchen, he yawns “Mornin’” I smile over at him “Good Morning, want to help. Jimmy brought a friend and they are in the living room watching--” “Swiper no swiping” Jimmy and Sadie yell out laughing, Damien chuckled and agrees.

30 minutes later…

“Damien go tell Jimmy and his friend breakfast is ready” He nods and walks out the kitchen, on his way out he steals a piece of bacon chewing happily. I walk upstairs and knock on the first door which is Bernard. I walk over to his bed and shake him softly; “Bernard, food is ready” as soon as I say food, his eyes open and rubs his eyes, and do the same with the others.

Narrator’s POV

Conversation filled the table as the family got to know the guys better, and vice versa. Jimmy was seated next to Alaine, and would brush his arm against hers, in which Alaine would blush. The conversation would change from Jimmy and Matt, to school, to their reason for the move, which was still a touchy subject for the family. “We moved here, to get away from our past lives in New York” Broderick said, “I didn’t mean to pry” Jimmy said, Larissa shook her head, “Don’t worry Jimmy, it’s just the wound is still a little fresh if you know what I mean” he nodded.

The table had been covered with an awkward silence, in which Sadie asked, “Rissa got a boo boo?” towards Jimmy, at this outburst the table soon was filled with laughter. Once breakfast was over, Jimmy and Matt helped Larissa clean the table while the rest got ready for school registration. “Hey Jimmy, I am going to head home” Jimmy sighs and nods, Larissa knows something is wrong. “Trouble in Paradise?” Jimmy looked at Larissa I shock, “What!” Larissa jumped at his tone, “We’re not together”.

“Oh, I am so sorry, it’s just that you guy looked so close and I thought he got mad because you were flirting with my sister” At that Jimmy looked at her with a blank look on his face, and then busted out laughing. Larissa then joined in at the overactive imagination that she had to come up with something like that. “Oh man, I guess I can see where you’re coming from” Jimmy said while his laugh died down, “And plus, I would’ve made Matt my bitch” Larissa laughed along Jimmy. Valentino walked in on us, and asked, “What are you laughing at?” I shook my head, “You don’t want to know”. Jimmy and Larissa walked out of the kitchen, leaving Valentino confused.

Everyone was ready for school registration, there were two mini vans in the garage to drive the family of twelve, and Damien would take Valentino, Darien, Broderick, and Zahra to Huntington Beach Middle and High School. While Larissa would take Skylar, Bernard, and Alaine to the elementary and to the local University. Jimmy would take Sadie and Luna with him, to the grocery store, to buy things for the Barbeque he was having the next night, and he said “I need a children’s opinion on what to buy” in which Damien rolled his eyes, and Larissa giggled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, here is the next chapter of How to Love.

Comments are appreciated.