I Could Never Hurt You

2/3

I paced my room, biting on my lip. It was currently eleven thirty PM and Brian hadn’t come yet. I don’t understand why he’s not here yet.

…He did say really late, though… I sighed and ran my hands through my hair, frustrated. I wished he could’ve just stayed with me all night since him leaving me alone let my thoughts run wild. I wasn’t scared of him murdering me, anymore. No, now I was worried about him kidnapping me and selling me, raping me - which had been a worry earlier, as well - or taking me to some old building and tying me up to keep me there forever. My mind is a horrible place, was something I concluded after ten minutes of thoughts.

I wanted Brian to get here already and just show me whatever it was so I could stop freaking out.

I groaned and plopped on my bed, burying my head into my pillow. I yelled into my pillow, the sound muffled. I sighed and continued to wait.

The next time I looked at the clock it read 11:51PM. Sure, he didn’t say an exact time, but still. I expected sooner than this for late.

I jumped when I heard a tapping on my window. I looked over to see Brian smiling. I smiled back and put an end to bad thoughts. I opened my window and Brian grinned at me. “Come on,” He said, waving his arms to himself. I stepped out of my window - thankful I was on the first floor - and closed it not all the way before Brian took my hand and led me to his car. “You trust me, right?” He questioned as he started driving.

“Of course,” I answered, instantly, not even thinking of the reason I was up this late on a school night.

He smiled over at me, taking my hand. “Okay… We’re going somewhere I can show you at, alright? Please don’t worry too much about the location?”

I nodded, confused on why he was rambling about where we were going… That is, I was confused. Then we pulled past the high school into the woods. Brian parked and got out, coming over to my side. “Why are we going into the woods?” I asked, softly, as he led me into the darkness.

“…No one’s out here and no one would want to come out here?…Fuck, it really sounds like I’m a fucking killer, but I’m not, Zacky, I swear.”

I nodded as he brought us further into the forest, seeming to know exactly where he was going. Soon we were at a man-made clearing, knocked down trees surrounding a large space. He hopped over one of the logs and I did the same. He, then, pushed me on my butt on the log. “Bri-”

“Stay right here,” He commanded, looking up at the sky. “Even if you want to come over to me, stay here, alright?”

I nodded, biting my lip. He went to the other side of the clearing and started taking his clothes off, making my eyes widen. “Bri??” He didn’t reply though and he was left in his boxers as he looked back up at the sky. He took a deep breath and not three seconds later he was on the ground, groaning. “Bri!” I jumped up, eyes even wider than before.

“Stay. Over. There,” He demanded, just loud enough for me to hear. He groaned again as fur began jutting out of his body, the shape of said body shifting into that of a wolf’s. He laid on the ground a few more minutes, as a wolf, before he got up and looked at me, almost expectantly.

“Brian?” I asked, quietly, shocked at what I had just seen. He started coming over to me, slowly, as if I would run away. Honestly, it came to mind.

He got to my side and his chocolate eyes stared into mine. He nosed my chest with his snout and my hands went into his grey fur. I let out a shaky breath as I sat back down. Brian whimpered, softly, and laid down with me.

“Why didn’t you freaking tell me, Brian?” I questioned, scratching his ears. He looked up at me with sad eyes. I sighed and kissed his nose. “You’re so annoying, Bri.” I nuzzled my face into his soft fur, sighing again. “You’re lucky I love you.” I kissed his head and moved to snuggle with him.

He licked my nose, lovingly, as we got situated - his front legs on my lap. His wet nose nudged my nose. I yawned and cuddled into my boyfriend. I wished it wasn’t a school night, so I would’ve actually been awake…But at least I didn’t have any homework.

I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking about what Matt’s dad had said… “Just enjoy the full moon tonight,” He laughed. I pet Brian’s ears. “Bri?” He looked up at me. “Is Matt a werewolf?” I asked, quietly.

He barked, almost inaudibly, and another wolf came out of the trees. I looked from Brian to the other wolf, who trotted over to Brian and I, plopping down beside me. He - I assumed - leaned over to lick up my face. I grunted in disgust, wiping the saliva off with my sleeve. I looked at the wolf and it’s hazel eyes bore into mine.

I glared, a little playfully. “You’re an asshole, Matthew.” I flicked his nose and he whimpered at me. My glare fell and I looked at him with wide eyes, my love of animals coming into play, even though I knew he was human. “Oh my gosh, I’m sorry, Mattie.” I pecked his wet nose and scratched his ears.

Brian growled, lowly, glaring at Matt. Matt rolled his eyes and got up. Brian got up a few seconds after, jumping on Matt. I stared at the two, amused, as they play fought.

I guess I could understand why Brian - and Matt - didn’t tell me… I didn’t like it, but I was glad I knew now. I was also glad that it wasn’t anything I was thinking of. I was being overdramatic, obviously, but it was a relief that he loved me in a non-creepy way.

I yawned as Brian and Matt came back over to me, done with their “fighting”. Brian curled himself around me and licked my nose, making me smile. I cuddled into him and yawned again, tired. I fell asleep to his soft breathing and warm fur.