I Hate You Like I Hate Tuna

The City Is At War

I've been staying with Pete for a week. Its a pretty crazy place. I've met more rock stars then I would've ever dreamed of. Panic was always over, to the point where I'll give Brenden my bed to sleep in because he's the guest. It's a mad, mad world.

I was cooking in the kitchen. I had started a tradition of Friday night dinners. It was unintentional it just happened. I was making spaghetti, with home made tomato sauce and meat balls. Panic was staying over to eat (again) along with Patrick, Andy, Joe and Gym Class Heros. Pete also said to make enough if Cobra Starship came over. If I may say thats A LOT of spaghetti. I had to go out and buy a giant pot just to cook it all in. I wonder if is how April Margera feels when she cooks.

"Oh! Spaghetti! My favorite!" Ryan sai sipping his finger into the sauce. I playfully slapped his hand.

"No test tasting!" I said gigling as I stirred.

"But it sooo good"

"Too bad, I have garlic bread to cook."

"Garlic Bread?! Marry Me!" Ryan exclaimed dropping down on one knee.

"Sorry I don't marry men who like me for my food."

"Aww" Ryan said walking away.

I smiled and continued cooking. Pete walked in then. "You better not taste test like Ryan," I said giggling.

"Nah I have some self control."

I raised my eyebrow and looked at him. He leaned on the counter next to the stove and smiled.

"Most of the time."

We laughed. Then the doorbell rang. Pete walked off to go let in the food moochers. (not really I loved cooking for the guys!)

Patrick walked in then. I smiled at him.

"Hi Pat." I said looking down at the sauce as I added oregano.

We hadn't talked in a while. We'd grown distant ever since I came to stay here.

"How are you?" He asked. "-I thought you'd be out in Ohio by now with AP," He added looking at me.

"If you would've returned one of my calls you would now that I got fired." I said spitefully. I was mad that he had ignored me, and it hurt a lot.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry isn't going to cut it Patrick, you screwed up, you haven't talked to me in over two weeks. Not since I was in the hospital."

"I told you I'm sorry I should've-"

I cut him off, angry. "No, you shouldn't, what happened was my own damn fault not yours! And the fact that you can;t get over it bothers the shit out of me!" I said throwing down the spoon.

I put my hands on my hips looking at Patrick.

"I'm sorry."

"That's all you can say?" I asked looking him n the eye. He jsut stared down, his eyes looking at his shoes, to my apron, to the clock on the wall.

"I'm sor-"

"I get it! Just leave me alone, we haven't been a couple in two weeks and I want it to stay that way." I said turning around to drain the noodles.

He just walked away and left me to my peace. I felt warm tears on my cheek as I assembled the meal. I wiped them away looking up. Pete stood in the doorway looking at me sadly.

"I heard what happened."

"It needed to be done," I said now pouring the sauce into a large bowl to be served.

"Need some help?" He offered.

"If you could set the bowl's on the table and the plates that be nice."

I turned to take the garlic bread out of the oven. My hands shaking in anger. I sliced the bread and put it into a basket. I took off my apron and looked at myself in the reflection of stove.

I had my dark hair straight, with eyeliner. I wore a black Misfits tee shirt and skinny jeans with a pair of black and white flats.

I picked up the bread and turned around. Pete stood there. I smiled at him.

He did the unthinkable then, he kissed me. I felt myself give into him, dropping the bread. I wrapped my arms around his neck and opened my mouth to let our tongues collide. It was sweet, and rough, yet tender and loving.

We separated, my eyes fluttering open.

"Good thing I made two loafs of garlic bread."

Pete started to laugh then. "Yeah, good thing you did."

I went and picked up the garlic bread on the floor. Pete helping me. We then got the new loaf and walked into the dinning room.

The whole night Pete's eyes were glued to mine. Patrick's were filled with jealousy. In a way everyone knew. But I didn't mind. The asshole who made girls melt and broke their hearts had mine in his grasp. Who would've thought?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sad, i'm no longer aloud to hag out with my best friend becuz his mother hates me =[ but I wrote this for all who comment and make me feel loved. Have a bagel if you comment [i had a bagel for lunch it was yummy]