Status: Regularly Updated :)

Baby Scares

Chapter Two

Cass went to slam the door in Jack’s face but he stopped her. “Please Cass, I just want to talk, I miss you.” Jack’s voice was filled with pain. Cass let go of the door and Jack took a step into the house. They stood there awkwardly until Jack outstretched his arms wanting a hug. Cassie starred at him and shook her head before walking back into the kitchen. Jack’s smile fell from his face but he quickly followed her. They sat at the table across from each other, he starred at her for a while noticing that she had lost quite a bit of weight since the last time he actually spoke to her. Jack started to ask her question but she just nodded or shook her head. Jack was getting sick of this no speaking thing. He put his hand on Cassie’s stopping her from fiddling with her fingers. She quickly went to move them but he just held on tighter until she looked up at him. She was about to open her mouth no doubt telling Jack to give her hand back. Instead Jack spoke first. “What happened Cass?” She looked at him, his question confused her a little, what did he mean what happened? They starred at each other before Jack spoke up again. “I mean what happened to make you shut down? Why did you all of a sudden decide not to talk to any of your friends? your boyfriend? Me?” The pain in Jack’s voice was noticeable, Cass was taken back by how blunt Jack was being. Before she could stop herself the tears started, she bursted into a hysterical cry. Jack was shocked Cass hadn’t cried in front of him since they were like 8. He quickly jumped up and ran over to Cass picking her up and taking her to the lounge sitting her on his lap. She buried her face into his shirt, her body shaking with sobs. Even though Cass was crying a smile slowly crept onto Jack’s face. He felt guilty for it and quickly wiped it away, but she was finally opening up to him, he was finally going to know why she had shut him out of her life for so long. For 3 long months Cass hadn’t treated Jack the same, she never wanted to hang out with him and wouldn’t talk to him about anything personal when finally she just stopped talking to him all together, At school she ignored him along with everyone else. Cassie use to be the most popular girl in school. Everyone thought she was perfect including Jack, Cass was loud, funny, smart, gorgeous and popular, but six months ago she stopped going to parties, she got quieter, till at lunch she just stopped talking all together. Her grades started to slip. No one realised yet but Cass was slowly falling apart. It’s not until Alex cheated on her that she finally just left them. Everyone blamed Alex for it including Jack but in reality it wasn’t his fault. Cass knew it wasn’t long before he did she just used him as an excuse to have a clean break from everyone. Everyone tried to talk to her and see if she was okay but after a week or so they all just gave up except Jack. He was the only one that hadn’t lost hope yet, that’s the only reason Cassie let jack in this morning, he was the only one that ever cared about her.

Alex walked out of his first class he was meant to be having with Jack but he didn’t show up. Alex was worried what if Cass had killed him or something. He took out his phone dialing Jacks number but stopped before pressing ring. What if Jack had actually gotten her to finally open up? He didn’t want to interrupt that. Alex thought about it for a minute but decided calling. If Cass hadn’t opened up to him then she wouldn’t have opened up to Jack, he was sure of it. “Jesus Alex! What is it?” Jack answered the phone just before the last ring. “Wow sorry, I was just calling and checking on you, after you didn’t show up to first period when you said you would.” “Fuck i completely forgot about that.” “What about school?” Alex asked confused, how jack have forgotten about school. “Yeah, i’ve been talking to Cass and ugh Alex i have to go i’ll talk you later.” “Jack wait! What did she say?” Jack hung up the phone before hearing Alex’s question.

Alex stood there alone in the now empty hallway, everyone had already made their way to period two but all of a sudden alex wasn’t up for it anymore. He walked into an empty classroom he really just needed to sit and think. He really did love Cassie. He had for two years now. When Jack first introduced them in 10th grade he thought she was really funny, and beautiful. She was kind of like Jack but hot and a girl. They all started hanging out together but it took Alex nearly two months to finally get the courage to ask her out. Ever since then they were perfect. They spent every minute together until about six months ago when they became seniors. All of a sudden she had completely changed. She started to spend less and less time with him. He thought she didn’t like him anymore but when he asked her she said he was ridiculous for even thinking that. He noticed that it wasn’t just him he was shutting out, it was everyone. For some unknown reason she just stopped being Cassie and became something completely different. Even though she wasn’t Cassie anymore Alex still loved her. He couldn’t not. Until one friday when he had begged Cassie to go to a party with him but she refused, so he asked her if the two of them could just hang out together but once again she refused. Alex was pissed off. All he wanted to do was spend time with the girl he loved but for some reason she wouldn’t let him anymore. These days she wouldn’t let Alex come closer than a meter to her. He gave up trying and went to the party with Jack instead. He of course got drunk, he was upset and didn’t know what else to do. That’s when it happened. He didn’t really know why he did it but he did, mostly because of the alcohol in his system but it was something else. It was as if he wanted to make Cassie jealous so she’d want him bak. It was stupid but it was the only logical reason he could ever think of that could make him do it. Alex had slept with another girl and that meant he lost the thing that meant most to him, Cassie. Alex was gutted but for some reason he decided to act as if it wasn’t a big deal and he didn’t care. In reality she had already left him months ago but it still hurt more than he could’ve imagined. He didn’t want anyone to know how much that one girl effected him.

“Cass just talk to me, you know you can trust me. I’ll be here for you, Cass why are you crying? Please just talk to me. Please.” For the past hour Cass has been cuddled into Jacks chest crying, he just didn’t know why. He pleaded with her to tell him but she just kept crying and shaking her head. Then Jack’s phone began to ring, it was like the noise pulled Cassie back into reality. She jumped off jack and tried to stop her tears. She run upstairs to the bathroom to clean her face and get away from Jack so she could compose herself. She starred at herself in the mirror. How could she be so dumb to cry in front of Jack to let her guard down like that. Now everyone is going to know how weak she really is. This was horrible. After she washed her face and re-applied some light makeup she walked down stairs to find Jack on the phone. “Yeah, I’ve been talking to Cass and ugh Alex I have to go I’ll talk to you later.” She heard Jack say to the other person on the phone, who was obviously Alex. Cassie desperately wanted to run over and take the phone from him just so she could hear Alex’s voice but she couldn’t. Wait, Jack was talking to Alex about her. She was furious. Luckily she didn’t tell him anything or Alex would already know. Jack turned around and saw Cassie standing there his face flashed with a look of worry but he immediately changed it into it’s usual smile. “Are you fucking kidding me Jack?” Jack was shocked at not only Cassie’s remark but her voice too. It was the first time in a long time that he had actually heard her speak more than a word or two. It hurt that the first words he heard were ones of anger. “What do you mean Cass?” Jack replied quickly. “I am gone for five seconds and you call Alex! And tell him all about my moment of weakness? I trusted you! You said you were there for me!” Cassie chocked back the tears and tried to show anger not wanting to be weak again. “I am here for you Cass, I swear i didn’t tell Alex anything! All i said was i was talking to you! That’s it! I promise.” Cassie just glared at him before saying “Get out.” and pointing towards the door. “Cassie please no, i want to help you! I want my best friend back.” Jack tried to plead with the girl but she stayed strong and forced him to leave. As she shut the door behind him she fell to grown crying once again. She could tell how much she was hurting him, but she would only hurt him more if he knew what she was doing.