Sequel: Know You're Not Alone
Status: completed... sequel on the way...

You Don't Know You're Beautiful

Chapter 14

Kris convinced me to let my packing wait and we enjoyed the day. We stayed in the hotel room, just enjoying each other’s company. There wasn’t much more talk of the future, as we both decided we would play it by ear. Neither one of us wanted this to end, but with his travel schedule and me being in school, it was hard to make plans.

I had called Steph and we had made plans to have one last meal together. Kris and I were getting ready to go out. I walked into the bathroom to finish doing my hair and gathering up the little things I had left on the vanity. Walking out of the bathroom, I saw Kris sitting on the bed. He gave me a small smile.

“You ready?”

I slowly nodded.

“Ready as I’ll ever be, I guess.”

We left the hotel room and made our way to the elevator. Walking into the elevator and noticing that no one else was in there, Kris turned to me and asked a question that caught me off guard.

“You remembered your phone, right? Just in case Steph and Sid aren’t down there yet?”

I nodded and reached into my purse, clutching my phone in my hand. I had lied to Kris earlier, saying it was a telemarketer that called. It was Trent that had phoned, and it wasn’t the first time. I have yet to answer one of his calls, scared that I might fall for his charm once again. I had prayed silently to myself that it wouldn’t ring while we were at lunch. I did not need that to ruin my final moments with Kris. Once that day was enough.

Stepping out of the elevator and walking into the lobby, I noticed that Sid and Steph had yet to show up. Kris chuckled.

“Well, whaddaya know? They’re not here yet.”

I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him. I pulled my phone out of my purse. I looked at the screen and felt my eyes widen. I looked over at Kris, making sure he wasn’t looking in my direction before I looked at the 7 text messages that were left on my phone. I was praying that they were all from Steph, but the shakiness in my fingertips made me believe otherwise. I looked over my shoulder one last time before clicking on Trent’s messages. I only got half-way through the first one when I quickly put my phone back in my purse when I heard Steph’s voice.

“You’re early? What the hell?”

I dry chuckled and cover up any indication that something was wrong.

“Well, I know how you work, and I wanted to beat you. I knew that you weren’t too….ermm… busy with Sid, so you would be here early.”

She rolled her eyes at me as Kris stepped closer to me.

“Oh lord, you are a freak.”

I stuck my tongue at her before turning my head to look up at Kris.

“So, where is this diner we’re going to?”

He shrugged his shoulders, put his arm around my waist and pointed outside the hotel doors.

“It should be not too far from just outside the doors.”

I looked at Steph and Sid. We all shared a nod and began to walk out of the hotel and out onto the Toronto streets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

at lunch

Kris’ POV

The four of us walked into the tiny diner and were seated near the back. I pulled out Kaitlyn’s chair for her before she sat down. She smiled at me, then continued her conversation with Steph. I was staring off into space, thinking about everything that had happened this past week. It felt like it happened so fast, but at the same time I wanted to relish in it a little while longer. A voice brought me out of my thoughts. Looking up, I saw Sid looking at me. I didn’t hear what he said the first time, and he apparently noticed, so he repeated himself.

“What time are we leaving?”

I looked down at my phone and sighed.

“We leave in just over 2 hours. You all packed up?”

Sid nodded.

“Yeah, I packed before we came down from the lobby.”

I looked over at Kaitlyn out of the corner of my eye. I still didn’t understand how Sid did it. He could say goodbye to Steph so many times and be okay, not knowing when he’d be able to see her again. My mind wandered with the many times in the future that I could potentially see Kaitlyn again, but somewhere in the middle of those thoughts, something was in the way of making those plans follow through. I could almost feel tears beginning to form in my eyes. Thankfully, the waitress had come by with the drinks that we had ordered when we first sat down and took our orders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaitlyn’s POV

I excused myself from the table after we ordered our meals. I know that I should’ve been focusing on Kris and saying goodbye to him, but my mind couldn’t wrap around all of the text messages that Trent had sent me. I walked into the bathroom. I dug through my purse to find my phone, but I couldn’t find it. I contemplated going back to the table to grab it, but that would only raise questions. I walked into a stall, sat on the toilet and put my head in my hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kris’ POV

Kaitlyn had left the table to go to the bathroom and I was left with the two lovebirds staring at me like I was about to reach my death bed.

“Guys, you can stop staring at me like that. It’s getting creepy.”

I looked around the restaurant, hoping Kaitlyn would come back to the table soon. At least then, I wouldn’t be the only one getting these creepy stares. My gaze fell to the table and I noticed something on the floor beside Kaitlyn’s chair. Picking it up, I realized it was her cell phone. I didn’t mean to snoop through it, but I noticed that there was a text conversation open on her screen. They were all from Trent. The only Trent I remember hearing about was her ex. I didn’t want to call her out on it, at least not now. It wasn’t the time to start drama. I placed her phone on the table beside her drink and waited her to come back. Steph raised her eyebrow at me.

“You okay there, Kris?”

I slowly nodded as I noticed Sid give me a look of worry as well.

“Yea, I’m fine. Just thinking.”

They both nodded at me before sharing a knowing glance between each other. I was lost in my own thoughts, I didn’t even notice Kaitlyn come back to the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaitlyn’s POV

I walk back to the table and notice my phone sitting beside my drink. I had hoped that Kris didn’t see the text messages on it, which were left up on the main screen. I sat down in my chair and turned to Kris with a slight smirk.

“So, what did I miss?”

He slowly turned his head to look at me.

“Not too much. Those two decided to stare at me like I was dying at something. Do we really look that sad today?”

I shrugged my shoulders.

“I don’t know. I’m trying to just enjoy these last moments before you have to leave.”

He sent me a small smile, wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him. He placed a soft kiss on my temple. I rested my head on his shoulder for a few moments before our food arrived.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kris’ POV

After lunch was over, I stopped Steph outside of the restaurant. Kaitlyn and Sid went to get the cars to park in front of the hotel, so it didn’t like we were having a private conversation. She raised her eyebrow at me as we began to walk back to the hotel.

“What’s up, bud?”

I let out a long-awaited sigh.

“Okay, I didn’t want to say anything because I don’t want any drama, but I can’t hold this in any longer. What’s Kaitlyn’s relationship with Trent now?”

Her eyes went wide.

“Trent? She doesn’t speak to Trent, why?”

I reached my hand up and began to rub the back of my neck.

“Well, he’s been sending her text messages. Should I be worried about them?”

She placed a hand on my shoulder and looked my square in the eyes.

“Kris, I think you already know the answer to that. I mean, Kaitlyn told you about Trent, right?”

I nodded slowly. I remembered the sadness in Kaitlyn eyes when she opened up about how Trent had broken her heart.

“Yeah, she told me. So, I shouldn’t worry about it. She’s probably not answering him, anyways.”

Steph nodded.

“And if she does, it’ll only be to tell her to leave her alone. She won’t go back to him. She found someone so much better.”

I smiled and pulled Steph in for a tight hug.

“Thanks, Steph. I don’t know what I was thinking.”

She scoffed lightly.

“Hey, you had every right to question it, but it’s good to know that you trust Kaitlyn enough to know that she wouldn’t talk to her ex behind your back. Did she tell you about the text messages?”

I shook my head.

“No, I saw them on her phone when she left the table to go to the bathroom.”

Steph looked over my shoulder then sighed.

“Well, there they are. Look, you can mention to Kaitlyn that you saw them, but if you do, make sure you tell her that you trust her. I don’t want to console a broken hearted best friend today….and then turn around and have to kill you.”

I smirked and nodded.

“I gotcha.”

She walked up and whispered in my ear.

“I wouldn’t say anything about it, thought. I’ll help her get rid of him.”

I opened my mouth to say something to Steph, but I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and quickly shut my mouth. I heard Kaitlyn giggle lightly then walk infront of me.

“You ready to head up to grab your luggage?”

I shrugged my shoulders.

“I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaitlyn’s POV

After moving my luggage into the hotel room that I spent the first night in, Kris and I walked down to the car with his luggage. The drive to the airport was almost completely silent. I didn’t want to say much because I didn’t want to cry in the car.

Pulling up to the airport, I looked over at Kris with a sad smile. He had mirrored my look. Reaching over the middle console, he grabbed my hand, lacing his fingers through mine. He brought my hand up to his lips.

Walking into the airport, I could already feel the tears forming in my eyes. Kris and I stopped walking about five feet away from the gate. He pulled me into a tight hug. I wrapped my arms tightly around him, not wanting to let go.

“Ne pas m'oublier, mon amour” he whispered into my hair. I didn’t know what he said, but I knew if he said it in French then he meant it. Don’t forget me, my love

I pulled away and looked up at him with tears beginning to fall freely down my face.

“I’m really going to miss you. Call, text, write me a frickin’ letter. I don’t care.”

He gave me a small smile and leaned down to capture my lips with his. I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck, entangling my fingers in his hair. God, I was going to miss that hair. Pulling away, Kris rested his forehead on mine.

“I’ll call you as soon as I land, and text you as much as I can. I promise.”

I smiled and closed my eyes.

“I don’t want to say goodbye.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kris’ POV

I placed another soft kiss on Kaitlyn lips.

“So don’t. This won’t be goodbye. It’ll be see you later.”

She chuckled lightly.

“You’re not in the army, Kris. I don’t have to worry about your life being in danger.”

I let out a soft chuckle.

“It got you to smile, didn’t it?”

I was doing everything I could to keep a smile on Kaitlyn’s face as long as I could. I knew that I as soon as I walked away from her, my heart would break. Until then, I took every precaution to see tears fall down Kaitlyn’s beautiful face. I looked over her shoulder and saw Sid and Jordan walk towards us, and I knew that it was time to leave. I pulled Kaitlyn into me one last time. I captured her lips in a long, passionate kiss. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I knew that it was rather Jordan or Sid. I pulled away and whispered in Kaitlyn’s ear.

“Au revoir, mon amour” I chuckled before continuing. “Oh, I’m sorry. See you later.” Goodbye, my love

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaitlyn’s POV

Jordan dragged Kris and Sid through the gate and ultimately on the plane. I stood in my spot and watched until I couldn’t see Kris anymore. Once I couldn’t see him anymore, I felt the tears that I had been holding in all day fall freely down my cheeks. My body started to tremble slightly. I felt a pair of arms pull me into a hug. It wasn’t until I heard the voice that I knew who it was.

“C’mon, let’s head back to the hotel.” Steph whispered to me. “They’ll call when they land.”
♠ ♠ ♠
after reading the comments, I decided to make the phone call an important one. Believe me, Trent's name will appear again in the future.

Now, i know i ended this the same way as this chapter in WITS, but the ending just fit so well.

Hope you enjoy!! Feedback is always welcome!!

steph <3