Status: Finished

Student, Teacher Conference

Planning The Weekend

It was a horrible day, the wind blowing the large rain drops into my eyes as I held up my hood, so the warm cup of tea that we got every morning in RE made it all better. I sat next to Jo and we chatted about our nights, of course he asked about my date but not because he genuinely cared, but to know if we had slept together yet. I punched his arm and he laughed but we got on with our work having a laugh as we did.

I met up with Rosie, Sam and Mickey for our free periods. We managed to get the music room just next to the common room to ourselves as the third year music class was watching a DVD about Mozart. I played the drums as Rosie logged onto the computer at the back, Sam set up a keyboard and Mickey grabbed a guitar. We occasionally tried to make songs together, but I wasn’t that talented at drums, I could play sheet music up to a certain level, but that was it. We had a laughed and made a stupid little song called ‘Gassy Radiator’. I tried to teach Rosie the basic drum beats and a fill and we had a laugh doing that. Eventually though it was lunch time and we joined Jo and the others downstairs for lunch. While I was eating I felt my mobile go off and I noticed I had three texts, when I opened them I felt bad; Alex had been texting me.

Hey sorry about this morning, I was really busy, how are you? x

Is everything OK? X

Sorry I keep forgetting you have classes, hope everything is OK, text me when you can x


I bit my lip and smiled slightly at his worry; he was quite cute.

Hey! Sorry I forgot to text you, everything is OK don’t worry, how are you? x

I smiled at Sam and started to get joined in on the conversation, occasionally stopping to text Alex. The weather had cleared up a little so we decided to go down to the van at the bottom of the hill and buy some sweets, having a laugh on our way down. Mickey left us though to hang out with some of the other guys. Sam jumped around with Rosie making us laugh. I bought some sour cola bottles for Chemistry. Alex text me saying he had two surprises for me, he teased me and refused to tell me what they were. He offered to give me clues. Although the bell for the next class went before I could answer his texts, and by then Sam had me locked into a deep conversation about my date with ‘Andrew’. I couldn’t help myself talking about it, I was still so excited over the fact that I had a boyfriend, it didn’t feel right lying to my friend but I had to, just for now anyway. I had no idea how she would take it if she found out, or my family so for just now I had to keep it quiet. I felt myself getting excited as I spoke about him and how we were together; I think my feelings for him were getting stronger. We walked along the corridor passed his room, I subtly peeked to see if he was there, but I couldn’t see him. Next thing I knew Kelly was beside us.

“Did you hear Dr Robertson isn’t in today, she’s unwell” Kelly gave me a sad sideways smile.

“Oh that’s a shame! I hope she’s OK” I tutted.

“Yeah” Sam agreed.

“Who are we getting instead?” Sam quickly asked.

Kelly shrugged, the door was open so we went inside hanging up our bags and jackets, taking our folders out of our bags and taking our seats.

“So he kneed a guy in the nuts?” Sam asked.

I let out a little giggle and she grinned at me.

“Yeah, I couldn’t believe it”

Next minute there was the clicking of shoes along the corridor, a squeak as the person outside turned into the class. I could feel my lips twitching to smile, but I knew I shouldn’t.

“Speak of the devil” I muttered under my breath.

Alex gave a large smile as he entered the class, I felt my pocket vibrate as my phone went off. I took it out and opened the text message form Alex.

Surprise ;) x

I looked up at him through my fringe and smiled, shaking my head a little.

Oh no it’s you ;P x

We got on with the class, he was very discreet about texting me back and also gave me into trouble for texting. I put on a serious face and muttered a ‘sorry’ while texting him from under the desk.

Hypocrite :P x

Need to keep up appearances :P x


We eventually stopped texting and got on with our work. We did have a laugh in the class as he felt a little more laid back. I grew a little fearful as he kept talking more to me than the others and he kept looking at me, I did enjoy the attention but Sam kept staring at us and it did make me feel a little worried. We got most of the work done so we finished with a game of Chemistry Hang Man. When the bell went we slowly made our way out of the class, I flashed him a smile and a ‘Goodbye Mr Jackmen’. After that as Sam and I walked he text me but I replied slowly as to give Sam my undivided attention. On the bus home however my phone vibrated a little longer than normal, when I looked at it, the name Andrew was sprawled across the screen, it took me a moment to remember that was Alex’s code name. I answered it quickly.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey, sorry, I forgot to ask you to stay behind in class” He said.

“That’s OK” I gave a small laugh.

Sam was looking at me with raised eyebrow and an amused smile. Sam mouthed ‘Andrew’ to me and I nodded, this got her a little excited, she could only hear the murmured tones of his voice, hopefully she couldn’t recognise it.

“Well, that was surprise number one” I could hear him grinning.

“Yeah, it was definitely a surprise”

“Well, surprise number two is, if you aren’t doing anything tonight or tomorrow night, I was wondering.”

“Yeah?” I asked excitement etched into my voice, making my heart speed up.

“If you’d like to stay over at my place?” He asked.

My heart thumped and I felt my arms get all goosebumps. I really wasn’t expecting an invitation to stay over, we had only been going out three weeks. My mind started to wander over what could possibly happen if I stayed over. I got a little over excited, I could her him getting a little nervous and Sam’s excited face as she waited to hear what was going on.

“If it’s too soon I’m really sorry, I just thought it would be a good way to get to know each other a little better without having to worry about people noticing us” He apologised.

“Don’t be silly, I...I’d love to” I couldn’t stop myself from smiling.

“Really?” He asked.

I nodded with a grin on my face.

“Of course!”

“Great!” He gave a small laugh that made my heart flutter.

“Tonight or Saturday?” He asked.

“Saturday would be best, tonight is a little short notice” I scrunched my face a little.

“Oh yeah, sorry”

“Don’t be sorry, thanks for inviting me, I’m looking forward to it”

Sam grabbed my phone.

“Hello mysterious man, I’m Sam, Mel’s best friend” She introduced herself.

I could hear his voice but not his words, I hoped he was putting on a voice, but Sam didn’t seem to recognise it, my heart was beating uncontrollably. My body started to shake a little in panic. Eventually she said goodbye and gave the phone back to me, grinning and squealing as she got the information she wanted out of him.

“I’ll totally cover for you with your parents if you want”

I grinned and nodded, she squealed again.

“So I’ll pick you up?”

“I can get a bus”

“He can drive?!” Sam exclaimed.

“Eh, no…kind of. He has a provisional” I lied.

Sam nodded and we said our goodbyes, I text him saying he could call me later. I felt myself calming down, Sam was going on about how now she had to meet him and how she thought he seemed really nice over the phone and that we should take a picture together. I rolled my eyes, laughing and smiling. I was just so glad she didn’t recognise his voice. As we got off the bus and walked a little then went our separate ways, I couldn’t stop grinning; I was going to spend the night with Alex.