Status: Finished

Student, Teacher Conference

Day One

2010 (Melissa's P.O.V)

"Mel!"

I turned around and grinned at my best friend Samantha and we hugged. We jumped up and down laughing and sat down next to Rosie and Jordan, we all started to talk about our summer when we weren't spending time with each other and our first two classes. Jordan and I had higher maths together first on a Wednesday and then we had higher Religious and Moral Studies then I had Intermediate Two Chemistry with Samantha. We talked until the bell went then we split up again and went and got up and joined the bustling crowd of students to get to our class. Jo and I sat at the far end of the classroom next to the windows and talked and watched as the rest of the class came in, we greeted them and we talked about how the course would pan out. Mickey, an old friend we didn't talk to much, walked in and took a seat in front of Jo and I; we got him talking but he wasn't that interested. He had sat this course but was taking Advanced higher and was the only person in the school doing it, so he was stuck in our class but doing his own work. He tried to put us off the course but we waved it off. The teacher came bouncing in and the class continued on well. We had a laugh and got our stuff sorted. Cassie leaned over to our desk and looked at me with a weird look in her eyes.

"Did you hear that Mrs Walker retired at the end of last year?"

"Yeah, she wanted to go sailing with her husband"

Mrs Walker was the Biology teacher that taught us since first year, she was an amazingly kind woman and very helpful; she was helping me become a Biologist and helping me achieve my potential. Mrs Walker got married when we went into third year and she was getting old so she decided to retire sooner rather than later and spend as much time wth her husband, who had his own boat, and go sailing around Turkey. I got her 'Thank You' card and a porcelin Lion bank and a box of chocolates for leaving.

"Well, her replacements a man and supposed to be rather hot, looking forward to Biology?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah I love it, but it'll be weird without Miss Hellen" I stuck my tongue out.

Terry sat behind us with Cassie and he pulled a face at me.

"Don't you mean Mrs Walker?"

We ignored him.

"Boo, why don't you get excited over the prospects of a hot teacher?" Cassie pouted.

"What's the point?" I asked confused.

Cassie rolled her eyes annoyed and left us alone. Jo and I grinned and got on with our work. I wonder how good this teacher will be...No way he was as good as Mrs Walker.

At lunch we met up with Rosie and Sam and joined the ques for lunch. Being sixth years we got to join the ques at the counter straight away rather than sitting in chairs and waiting a row at a time to be sent up to get our lunch. I got pizza since it was my favourite, some water and grapes and took a seat at one of the tables at the back. Sam joined me then Jo and Rosie. A few more of our friends came over but we really only talked to them in school. Mr Reis the Art teacher everyone got on with came down and started to talk to us. He showed us pictures of his son who was just born. With most of the teachers, when you get into fifth and sixth year, they tend to be a bit more open with you and it feels like you're more friends than a teacher and student.

We walked up with him to Art since the Art corridor was shared with Science and Sam and I had Chemistry. We walked further down to get to the Chemistry room and got joined by Zoe, Lauren and Kelly who were fifth years and went into Mrs Freda's old room to see who the new Chemistry teacher was. A whole load of teachers retired and moved onto new schools so we had a lot of new faces and names to learn. Mrs Murrdock was friendly but strict and I wasn't too sure if I liked her because her mood and tone changed a lot within two hours. Usually Supported Study for Biology was on after school on Wednesday's but since it was our first day back Supported Study hadn't started up yet and probably woulnd't till next week.

Sam and I walked home through the woods as it cut twenty minutes off the 45 minute walk home. The woods were always a nervous place to walk through since the area surrounding them was filled with people who were rather nasty and didn't give a damn about anyone but theirselves. Sam lived ten minutes up the road from me so she went one way and I went the other, I would go to her house but I had to babysit on Wednesday's for my brother. I couldn't stop thinking about how biology would be tomorrow, what was the teacher like? Would he give me all the extra help Mrs Walker gave me? Would he be nice or would he be grumpy? Cassie's view of 'hot people' was completely different from mine, so he was more than likely not as hot as she said he was. Still, I was rather excited for Higher Biology first two tomorrow.