Status: Finished

Student, Teacher Conference

Changes

December made it's way round to us pretty quickly, prelims were starting next week and I started to panic about all my classes, I had started to attend supported study for all my other classes and cut down my Biology ones to make more time for everything. I had little study sessions with Mickey who became more upbeat and lively around me the closer it got to our night out. We had decided that since all our prelims were in the one week we would go out the Staurday after they had finished. It was going to be the Friday so we could go out both Friday and Saturday, but I had Fraser's birthday party to attend to and Jo had a family event on that Friday. I was looking forward to it myself, but worried it wouldn't be all that it was built up to be.

It was free period so Sam and i sat and tried to study for Chemistry. We were crashing the Intermediate two course so this was one I was most nervous about. Though in saying that I had higher maths, and I wasn't doing so well in that, well I guess I was doing ok, but not as well as I'd like. I congratulated Sam on getting ten out of ten in the questions I asked her from the Past Paper booklet we were sharing and she took it to quiz me. We got half way through when Mickey appeared with his guitar and smiled at us.

"Fancy doing some R.E studying next period?" He asked me.

I nodded as he went into the little music room to finish practicing. Not that he needed it with a guitar! Though just after we had finished with asking and answering questions and tried to test each other on what we were supposed to have learned at the start of the free period, Mickey came back out and sat on one of the small tables that was joined by other tables to make it one large table. We looked at him and nodded in agreement that we could take a break, Sam reaching into her bag to bring out her iPOD and small set of speakers. As she set it up Mickey talked us through what was annoying him about the music teachers. We nodded along sympathetically remembering last year when we were all in music. I had taken higher music by myself as no one else picked it in the colmun I did, and being the only higher I was put into the Intermediate two class where Sam, Jo and Mickey were. It was a small class and it was good. I had one on one with the teacher when the others were sent for practical. So I managed to get an A which made me so happy! I always felt I wasn't that good at music because I could never really tell which chord was which when listening to keyboards or guitars during tests, though it was my exam mark and my practical threw together so I based it on my practical, it was so much better than my theory.

"Do you two think I'll meet someone on Saturday?" He asked.

"I think you'll meet lots of people" Sam teased.

Everything suddenly came back into focus and I noticed they had scrunched up some paper into a ball and threw it back and forth.

"I'm fed up being single"

"Me too" Sam sighed.

"I thought you were seeing someone?" I asked.

"I was but, I ended it, he was annoying me"

I rolled my eyes at her and she gasped.

"Oi!" She threw the ball at me.

I grinned at her and moved to sit on the table with Mickey, Sam joined us and we threw it to each other, work totally abandoned.

"What kind of girl do you want to meet?" I asked as I threw the paper-ball at Mickey.

"I dunno, as long as she's nice really..." He threw to Sam who sniggered and threw to me.

"What you snorting at?" Mickey asked.

"Guys don't care about personality!" Sam half laughed.

I felt a little twing of insecurity but forced it away and watched how this would go between them.

"Some of us do! "

"I'll believe it when I see it" Sam rolled her eyes.

I held the ball and bit my lip, I didn't know if I should keep throwing from the look on Mickey's face.

"So me saying it isn't proof?"

"People say lot of things"

"Just like when people say 'I love you' these days, it doesn't mean anything" She shrugged.

I frowned at her, was that the reason she stopped seeing that guy? Mickey beckoned to me to throw the ball so I did and we all resumed doing it.

"All guy's want is a girl with big boobs and whose not afraid to put out"

"I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice, but that's not what I'm after. As long as she's not a liar, a cheater or a slag and she's nice to me, I don't see what there's not to like" He shrugged, being more delicate with his tone of voice and words.

Sam exhaled air loudly from her nose.

"Well I hope you do find someone then, someone whose really good to you" Same said as she threw the ball and looked down at the floor.

I just then noticed there was music emitting from her iPOD and speakers and I smiled in realisation of the song.

"It doesn't have to be about relationships you know" I pipped in after a few moments of silence.

They both stared at me and I wished I had kept my mouth shut.

"You have a boyfriend" Sam said.

"Yeah, you're not lonely anymore" Mickey said.

I opened my mouth to reply but closed it, there would be no point in arguing. I hadn't been lonely when Alex had happened, yes I wanted a boyfriend but I wasn't exactly missing one, I'd never had one. I thought of Mickey and how he too had never had a girlfriend and how weird it must be to hang around with girls a lot and not be of interest to any of them, what would that be doing to his ego?

"Whose party is it again you're going to?" Sam asked.

"One of Alex's friends" i said absentmindedly as I thought of how sad Mickey must truly be feeling.

"Alex?" I heard Sam asked.

Time seemed to freeze. I felt my heart beat fast, my neck and face get hot and I could hear my blood pumping in my ears.

"Sorry, Alex is Andrew's friend, it's Alex's party" I gave a nervous laugh.

Sam and Mickey nodded and I gave a silent sigh.

"Why can't we come? Meet a girl and a guy there?" Sam asked.

I saw Mickey looking at her and make a face to say he was in agreement. I looked between the both of them and and thought, why don't these two get together? They had been friends for ages and got along really well. Both looking for someone and Mickey seemed to be exactly what Sam was looking for!

"Mel?!" Sam asked impatiently.

I looked up at her just as the bell rang loudly to indicate end of third period beginning of fourth. I smiled sheepishly at her as we listened to the crowds in the hall and the teachers shouting after them. I spoke again once it had died down.

"Cause I'm not ready to let you guys meet Andrew yet" I was careful to say 'Andrew' this time.

Sam rolled her eyes.

"Haven't you been seeing him for three months now?" Mickey asked.

"Nearly" I smiled.

"Do your parents know?" He asked.

"Of course!"

"Have they met him?" Sam asked.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out, they both raised their eyebrows and Sam's eyes went wide.

"They can't be happy about that...do they know he's slightly older?"

"Yeah...and yeah...they'll meet eventually..."

"How longs eventually?" Mickey asked and started to toss the paper ball again.

I shrugged.

"Whenever we're ready I guess"

They accepted my answer and we continued to throw the ball around, Mickey throwing questions at me as we went, I couldn't question him as I didn't know about the things he was learning in the advanced higher course, but I asked him a few music question I remembered from last year, and then Sam asked me questions about chemistry and I asked her. It was a Thursday so the last two periods we had was higher maths, I really didn't like higher maths, but then again not a lot of people like math, except our extremely weird math teacher.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys this is a filler chapter really. Sorry I've taken so long to get this on here, I finished it a while ago and only remembered to update due to fresh comments :P so thanks for the comments! And sticking with us, as you can tell I'll be uploading a bunch of chapters to make up for the delay! Not sure if I'll upload them all, or just a few and wait a while before I put out the last few chapters, I'll probably upload them all, send me a message or add a comment if you think I should leave the ending for a bit to give you all a cliffhanger or something!