Status: Finished

Student, Teacher Conference

Talk About Awkward

(Melissa's P.O.V)

Cassie pushed into me and I glared at her.

"So I heard you have tutoring from Mr Hottie?"

"The exact same way I had tutoring from Mrs Walker"

"Yeah, yeah" She rolled her eyes.

I ignored her and and went to take my place in the lunch que. It was Tuesday and I had double Biology next but I also had extra tutoring at the end of the lunch hour. I was admittedly nervous, I had to admit Mr Jackmen was rather good-looking; thick, brown hair, chocolate brown eyes, reminding me of Johnny Depp! Also his skin was slightly tanned and he had lovely high cheek bones and a smile that lit up his face. He was so lovely and kind...but weren't most teachers?

"Who are you daydreaming about?" Sam giggled in my ear.

"Mickey?" She asked with a fake shocked expression. I laughed.

"No!"

"Well you liked him in second year and you're in his R.E class"

"Technically since I'm doing Higher and he's doing Advanced, he's in mine"

Sam rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Regardless, thinking about...whom?"

Mr Jackman...

"Hello?"

"Sorry Sam" I blushed and she wrapped her arm around me and we went and sat down.

I finsihed my lunch and went to go up to Biology.

"Think I could tag along?"

"Only if you're not going to stop me from learning"

"I don't see the point in you getting extra Tuesday study when we have Biology next anyway" She raised an eyebrow, I shrugged.

"I love Biology"

I slung my bag over my shoulder and went up stairs, waiting to hear the footsteps of Sam behind me I paused but heard nothing so shrugged and kept going up the stairs. I got to the door and went to knock but stopped; musicwas playing inside. I listened and couldn't help but smile; he was singing along to 'California Girls' by Katey Perry. I bit my lip and knocked a little louder. I heard the chair move and then the radio was turned down and he opened the door witha slight blush. I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling.

"Afternoon Sir"

"Afternoon Melissa, uh...come in?" He asked nervously.

I walked in and took my seat and emptied my Biology stuff in my bag. Mr Jackmen grabbed a book off his desk and pulled a stool over to my desk. I still coudln't stop smiling and I saw the look on his face. We both then just started to laugh and he scratched the back of his head nervously.

"I didn't expect you to be a fan of Katey Perry" I smiled.

"Yeah...well I'm not I've just heard it on the radio so often I know the wordds now"

"Why not just change the radio channel?" I asked.

He lifted his hand to say something but then stopped. A passive look made him chuckle.

"Didn't think about that ac tually...my sister borrows my car a lot" He shrugged.

I nodded; so he had a sister. He cleared his throat and I nodded; he started to read out questions and I answered. Soon the bell went and the corridor was filled ith students going to class, Sam came in followed by Mickey and they took their seats next to me. Mickey looked at me funny and I frowned, he looked away. I shook it off and I heard a cough at the front of class and sw a small note written on the white board, Mr Jackmen kept it from view of the others.

Please don't mention Katey Perry

I giggled and nodded, he smiled and winked then wiped off the message and started to write up t heading for today's lesson. I felt a little twinge in my heart when h winked and I kept replaying it and it made me smile. Mickey then asked me if I wanted to race him to finish the starter questions; I laughed it was so childish...I won.

After Biology it was home-time and I stretched and picked up my bag. Mr Jackmen held up a sheet to me and I took it.

"Since you admitted to me that you have read on further in the book, I looked up this old homework sheet, its hard but I'm sure you can do it. It's on Protein Synthesis, you've read that far a head yeah?"

"Further but I'm re-reading so I make sure I absord it all"

"Smart" He nodded with a smile.

I smiled back and took the sheet.

"Thank you Sir"

He nodded and I left, meeting Sam, Jo and Rosie downstairs. I looked up at the little window at the Art base and saw Mr Reis looking down, he was on the phone but I still waved up. Everyone else waved too and we left. I was quite glad to get along with my teachers. Jo was having a movie night tonight with a few guys coming over it finished at eleven, so we rushed over without changing out of uniform. I didn't mind. Jo had bought a few bottles of Coca Cola and Butterkist Popcorn. I was happy that's all I needed! We got down stairs to ourselves cause Sam's brother stayed in his room and played 'World of War Craft' and her parents went out. We watched mainly horrors and I spent most of my time curled in a ball with a cover over my head. Mickey was invited and actually showed up, he grabbed my shoulders and yelled. I screamed and everyone laughed. I blushed and hit him with a pillow. We ended up having a small pillowe fight and he ended up sitting next to me with his shoulder touching mine. He started to move his hand closer and my heart started to beat. I looked at him and he turned and smiled at me. I smiled back and grabbed his shoulder and gave him a squeeze, got up and went to the bathroom. I put the lid down and sat with my head in my hands; Mickey liked me? But we had nothing in common! We didn't really talk! What, what what? There was a knock at the door.

I got up and answered it, leaving the toilet anyway.

"What's up?" Sam asked concerned.

"Doesn't matter, I'll deal with it"

It was nearly eleven,Sam and I talked and I grabbed my bag, everyone else started to get up and help clean and call their parents. I smiled at everyone and went to leave when Mickey came to the door.

"Hey my mum's picking me up, want me to ask her to drop you off?"

"No that's OK...I need to go for a walk"

"But what about the zombie's?" He asked with a cheeky smile.

I laughed and shivered at the thought of real zombie's.

"I'll take my chances I need to clear my head"

Mickey looked downheared but smiled and nodded. I smiled back and hugged Sam then left. This was awkward, I'd never had a friend who'd liked me before, I liked someone my friends, i mean I liked Mickey a few years ago but then we grew up and we just got into different things. I shook my head and took in a deep breth of the fresh air. I shook my head and started to remember the movies. I felt my skin prick and I ran my hand over my arms and felt the goosbumps. I looked around nervously which only made me even more scared. I though about running, but I'd make such a noise with me school bag, I just quickened my pace. When I got to my house I sat and talked with my mum for a while then went to bed. What would I do about Mickey?