Status: Finished

Student, Teacher Conference

Time Passes By

Three weeks later (Mr Jackman's P.O.V)

I turned the radio down and waited for Melissa to come up to class. I set out some cards, it was a child's game but it was still good practice for her. There was a knock and I looked up and no one came in.

"Come in!" I shouted.

The door opened to reveal Ashely, one of my other Higher girls. I smiled at her.

"Hello Ashley what can I do for you?"

"Well Sir, I didn't do half of my homwork because I needed help with it and I was wondering if you'd help me do it just now before class?"

I looked at her dead panned...it was usually just Melissa and I and I was rather used to it being just Melissa and I...and I rather liked it that way.; I shook my head and smiled at her; I couldnn't say no and it was probably just for today. I took Ashley over to sit at her desk and she got out her homework. Just before we started Melissa knocked and walked in smiling.

"Hello Sir, oh hi Ashley!" She smiled.

I felt a little upset she wasnt upset Ashely was here, but of course she wasn't...I hated this, I felt like a teenage boy all over again! I waved her over.

"It would be good practice" I thought.

"If you helped Ashely with her homework" I nodded.

Melissa nodded and got her stuff out then came over, Ashely looked annoyed.

"Sir, I would rather you helped me" She said with a slight blush.

Looking at her she batted her eyelashes and I pulled back a bit and scrathed the back of my head.

"It'll be good for both of you, Melissa is very good at Biology, she's been getting full marks for everything"

Melissa blushed and smiled kindly and took my seat at Ashely's desk. Ashley glared at Melissa and sighed, giving in to the help. Melissa helped her and ignored the glares and puffs; I thought that was very good of her. Ashley was making it hard for Melissa and I went over a couple of times and tried to make a point by saying exactly wht melissa had said and seeing what Ashley would say. Of course she said she understood it when I said it and I told her I repeated it word for word from Melissa. Ashley puffed and sighed then grabbed the sheet of paper and declared she understood and didn't need anymore help. getting her stuff together she made for the door and slammed it shut. I was totally taken back by this behaviour. Melissa looked at me with wide eyes. I shrugged and we laughed a little.

"I think she has a crush on you" Melissa stuck her tongue out.

"Really? That's bad" I scratched the back of my head.

"Why? It's not like anything will happen, she just wants to spend time with you to feed her feelings for you" Melissa shrugged.

Because I have feelings for you and well...I'm a teacher and you're a student...of course nothing could happen.

No matter how many times I told myself that, these feelings wouldn't leave and I was finding pretty much any excuse for Melissa and I to be alone, without it being too obvious it was for other reasons. I was giving her extra homeworks and asking her up to my classroom for help on how to give a lesson and asking her to come help me teach my other classes in her free time. We sat at her desk and I told her about the cards. she had started to use them and it finally occured to me.

"Melissa, what is it exactly you want to be when you grow up?"

She gave me a funny look and I blushed.

"Leave school" I corrected myself.

"A Biologist that specialises in Zoology pretty much. I love animals and I want to help conserve them and breed them"

I smiled and she blushed a little, she blushed a lot.

"That's wonderful" I grinned.

"Yeah, I can't wait. I love all animals...well...maybe not all of them but even though I don't like some of them I'll still help conserve them."

I nodded, I guessed she liked animals from all the stories she would tell Sam and Zoe about. Foxes following her home and the animals she'd seen at her holiday home in England and the animal documentaries she'd watch. I couldn't stop smiling.

"You smile a lot" Melissa giggled.

I laughed nervously and felt an over-whelming urge to hug her and I moved away from her. When I got an idea and I almost jumped at the thought, I turned to face her.

"Melissa, would you like me to take you to the Scottish National museum? I know you don't really like it but there are lots of stuffed animals there, you can get information from them and study their anatomy"

Melissa looked upset about the thought of the animals being hurt and killed and then stuffed but looked up and smiled.

"Wouldn't it be better for the whole class to go?"

I felt a little down when she said that but I ignored it.

"Yes, except the class don't have your passion for animals and it is too short notice to start getting forms and ask permission from the head master" I shrugged.

Melissa thought about it and nodded. I grinned and the bell went, I didn't jump this time.

"Alright, we could go Friday after school that way you aren't really missing out on anything and it's when you should be studying Biology anyway" I winked at her.

Melissa nodded and the classroom door started to open and in came some of the class, I greeted them and helped Melissa get away the cards and I wrote up the Lesson starter. I couldn't stop thinking about the fact Melissa and I would be alone outside of school. It wouldn't be so frowned upon and no one from school should be there especially after school hours! It was sort of like a date...I looked down at the floor with my heart beating fast, did I really like her that much? I had to stop thinking of it like that! But that's what I intended wasn't it?