Status: Finished

Student, Teacher Conference

Late

Melissa's P.O.V

I walked into Mr Jackmen's biology class late, I had a dentist appointment. He nodded and pointed to my seat, we were sitting a NAB. I felt so embaressed being late for something as important as a NAB. I wasn't able to finish in time but I hadn't had the recommended amount of time yet so Mr Jackmen decided I could use my Biology time after school to finish it. He had a little smile on his face and I thought; he must have saw us at the Cinema last night; I blushed.

I sat in R.E, sipping my tea when Cassie offered us all cakes at the break. She was quite good at baking and I took a lemon one. Mickey came and satnext to me and Jo and we got talking. He was having a movie night at his house and was getting his sister to get us some alcohol. Jo was up for it and I was too, but I wouldn't be drinking. It's not like I didn't like drinking, I just didn't want to when Mickey was there. He smiled at me and i smiled back, I just hope he wasn't expecting anything.

After school I ran along to Biology to finish my NAB. I sat up the back and tried to concentrate while Mr Jackmen and Ashley where at the front of the class, Ashley gigling and flirting like a fool, pretending she forgot everything she knew about Energy Synthesis in plants and humans. Of course it was easy to get them mixed up if you found Biology hard, but considering Ashley was the one who helped Ross yesterday during the please take. I finished my NAB and went to leave when Mr jckmen asked if he could speak to me outside. I agreed. He closed the door and the only sound was the noise of the floor buffer from the cleaner down the hall. I glanced at the black banded watch on my wrist; I'd stayed back too late!

"Sir you gave me extra time" I said a little annoyed.

"Yeah, I thought it would be best since you were putting up with Ashley when I told her she wasn't allowed to stay behind because you would be finishing a NAB, but she didn't listen" He scratched the back of his head.

He looked a little troubled and I didn't know what he wanted to say to me so I just stood there looking down at the ground. I saw his hand move a little and I looked up and he smiled.

"I saw you yesterday at the movies, were you purposly hiding from me?" He asked.

I laughed a little and he raised his eyebrow and crossed his arms.

"No, well yeah. We saw you at the bar and were eyeing you and your friends up"

It went silent and I could feel how hot my face was and I panicked.

"I mean it was before we knew it was you otherwise we wouldn't of been eyeing you up or anything. Then you showed up on our floor and we got embaressed and-"

"It's alright" He laughed.

His face was a little red too and we just looked at each other. Suddenly he moved towards me and kissed my cheek. I stubbed my toe on the ground and he cleared his throat.

"Sorry, I'll see you tomorrow. I'll grade your NAB" He said and went into his room.

I put my hand on my cheek; he kissed me?! I walked fast and got out of the school, catching the bus home so I didn't have to walk through the woods by myself. He kissed me! He kissed me! Of course I was kind of over reacting to a kiss on the cheek, but still! It's just something a teacher doesn't do! It was on my mind all night and it made me nervous about going to extra Biology tomorrow after school. The more I thought about it, the more excited I became as well. Would he kiss me again? Did he like me more than a student? Should I do something? Should I not? He was a teacher! This could get him fired and get me in a lot of trouble! It was going to be awkward tomorrow!

I woke up in a sort of bad mood. I don't know what made me suddenly unhappy. I think I was just worrying too much about that kiss yesterday. I told myself it didn't mean anything because it didn't. I had nothing to worry about. I took a breath and got washed and ready for school, even though I was in a bad mood, I wanted to look good to make me feel better. I wore a skirt and knee high socks and black dolly schools. My hair was naturally straight so I didn't need to go out of my way to straighten it. I put on some eyeliner and mascara and grabbed my tie and bag and went for breakfast. Eventually I got to school and we went to Registration Kodie nudged me.

"You were so happy yesterday what happened?" She pouted.

"Just woke up on the wrong side of the bed I guess"

"Anything troubling you?" She asked.

It's not really troubling me...

I shook my head and smiled.

"No but thanks, it's probably something I've forgotten to do and I still can't remember" I rolled my eyes.

She nodded and we got talking about what wason TV last night. My Registration room was right across from the R.E classroom, so I dropped off my bag and went into the English base and filled up the kettle, we always had tea first thing on Friday mornings. Mickey came in when I started t second kettle, we had our own metal pot made for our class of thirteen, so it took two or three fills of the kettle. We greeted each other and I started to wash some of the mugs in the sink that belonged to our class, mickey came leaned over my shoulder and dropped a tea spoon into the sink.

"You'll need that for stirring" He said.

I nodded and he moved and poured the kettle into the pot for me. He carried it through and I brought through the mugs I washed, the milk, sugar and some spoons on a tray. Everyone was in the classroom and Mickey left to sit in the English base to do his Advanced work. I made my own tea and moved out of the way of the rest of the class swarming around the tea table. Jo sat next to me and we sipped our tea when Cassie came and sat next to us, half way through a convo she got up and walked away. We just ignored her, she was pain. I felt like telling Jo about Mr Jackmen but I didn't, it didn't feel right, it could probably start a lot of trouble and there was no point in doing that when it was nothing. So at break we met up with the others and talked, then the bell went and we went to sign in, we had free periods Friday's third and fourth. So we went to the sixth year common room and sat, catching up on Chemistry homework. Kodie had free period too so she came and sat with us but then had to go to the library to fix some stuff on her Art project. I offered to help her but she sai she didn't need any, so I shrugged it fof and re-read the same paragraphs for Chemistry over and over, hoping it would stick in my brain!

By the time it came to the end of school, I did perk up a little bit more even though I shouldn't have and I got a little excited. I really couldn't be bothered with Biology today if I was honest. Not just Biology but just school in general. I went right passed the door and went downstairs and sat at one of the tables. Everyone around me moving and talking so loud. I waited for a while then went up the stairs and lightly knocked on his door. No one answered and I thought I knocked to lightly, i went to knock again when someone tapped my shoulder. I jumped and nearly screamed, turning to see Mr Jackmen holding back a smile. I blushed a little.

"You frighened me Sir" I blushed.

"Sorry, you're late today"

"I'm not really in good mood today Sir, I needed a little break"

"Oh" He sounded concerned.

"Want to leave it today?"

"No, no I need to keep up my stuides"

"You shouldn't push yourself"

"I usually do" I shrugged.

"We can leave it today" He smiled.

I nodded and went to leave.

"Do you mind if you help me move somethings from my room please?" He asked.

I looked to the back of the classroom and noticed all the plants that he had taken out of the sink.

"They're all lovely but I'm afraid that they're causing a bit of a bug problem in the sinks at the back" He said.

"No problem" I said.

It took us twenty minutes to move the plants, they were large and heavey and had a few aphids on them. I screamed a few times and Mr Jackmen laughed at me and helped me wipe them off me. I kept wondering to myself if he would kiss me and I kept wondering if he would mention it. I was wondering if I should of mentioned it or asked about it, or if I should initiate something? But how could I think that? How could I want it? The door in the office banged shut and Mr Jackmen carried in the last plant. I finished washing my hands in the sink and moved so he could rinse the plant. I dried my hands and leaned on the table behind me. I looked at the plants, we moved ten in here and kept tem on the table. He turned off the water and moved the plant to sit on a towel on the table next to the others. They were so long and dangled off the table. Mr Jackmen sat down at the table and I stayed standing and played with one of the plants.

"So did you enjoy your movie the other night?" He asked.

"Yes thank you, did you?" I asked.

"Yeah it was alright. I didn't want to see it my friends did"

I nodded and we got talking, he told me a few stories of hi and his friends, I laughed and told him that a friend of mine took a shine to one of his friends in particular, I didn't tell him which of my friends though. We sat in silence for a while.

"Melissa, may I ask you a question?" He asked.

"You just did" I grinned at him.

He laughed and rolled his eyes.

"Haha, may I?"

"Yes" I nodded.

He took a while but then looked at me.

"What is your oppinion on, older men?" He asked.

My heart jumped, but I would play it off.

"Well depending on how old, but I guess they all play a part in society even if they don't work and are retired" I shrugged.

He laughed and tapped the table.

"No, no. I meant, older for...courting"

I blushed and hid my face, I had a slight smile that I wouldn't let him see. What would happen?

"Oh erm, well, I'm not sure. I guess if the chemistry is right then, age really shouldn't stop them" I shrugged.

He nodded and got up out of his seat. My heart beat quickened and I stood up and tucked in my seat smiling at him. He blushed a little and came over to me. I couldn't move and he stood in front of me.

"So you don't mind that type of relationship?" He asked.

"No" I said hardly above a whisper.

He nodded and brought his hand up and held my face. I couldn't move and we just stared at each other. I could see it in his eyes, he was fighting himself. He knew he shouldn't but he wanted to. My heart lurched and I stood up on my tiptoes and kissed him lightly on the lips. I stood normally and he opened his eyes wide in partial shock. my heart dropped, he wasn't going to do it! I was in deep trouble.

"I-I-I'm Sor-"

He put his other hand on the other side of my face and pulled me into a kiss. I almost screamed in shock but eventually I closed my eyes and let myself fall into the kiss. He was so gentle, it took me by surprise. When we got into it, it turned into a heat of passion and he picked me up and put me on the table. He kept one hand on my waist and used another to run through my hair. I kept my hands on his chest and he pulled me close to him. He wasinbetween my legs and I could feel a bulge in his trousers. I wanted him, but I couldn't do that! I pulled away from him a little and he pulled away a little fast and looked at me, the lust that clouded faded and all that was there was panic. He moved away from me and covered his mouth. I couldn't move and I couldn't tell what expression I had on my face.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have..."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done it first" I whispered and bowed my head.

"No, no. I'm the adult. I know something bad was going to happen" He said.

I felt a little upset about that comment but I knew it was nothing against me, it was the fact he was a teacher and i was a student.

"I'm sorry" I said and stood up and got ready to leave.

He grabbed my hand and we looked at each other.

"You...you won't say anything, to anyone, not even your friends?" He asked.

I shook my head, he nodded and we coul't stop looking at each other. I don't know what came over me but I leaned up and kissed him, he didn't move or object. I waited to see what he would do; nothing. I nodded and gently moved my hand from his grip and left the room. I walked down the hall and turned to go down the stair case. I went through the door and ran down the stairs and hid under them, sliding down the wall and landing on the cold marble floor. We just made out, I kissed him and he kissed me. I had his tongue in my mouth! I, I felt his...ARGH! What the hell just happened?! It was like something from a movie! Me and a teacher? did it really happen or was I dreaming? I pinched myself and nearly cried, it was real...I just...

"Wah!" I screamed as my phone vibrated and rang in my pocket.

I covered my mouth and got out from under the stairs and looked around for any of the cleaners. I answered my phone.

"Yeah?" My voice croaked.

I cleared my throat and repeated myself.

"Where are you? I'm at your house! We're supposed to be staying at Mickey's tonight"

"Oh I forgot... I'm not sure if I want to stay" I said and pushed the doors opened and made yway across the dinner hall and out through the opened fire escape. The janitor shouted across at me, but she had left it open so I didn't feel bad. I ran to catch the bus and went home. I lay on my bed and puta pillow over my head and sighed. What, what what...had really just happened?!