Status: School essay

Sucide Letters

Broken Goodbyes

I woke up tears streaking my face, makeup stains absorbed into the cover of my pillow. "God dammit." I looked at the clock, 3:12 am. Erin always used to wake up about this time to send me super cheesy good morning messages. I looked over at my phone next to the alarm, the front screen was blinking. "New Message." Was written across the front screen. I knew it was from Brylee, so I hit ignore and went to my in box, scrolling down to Erin's conversation I saw about 15 messages that I hadn't read yet, most of them saying I love you and I miss you. Although the last four really were a lot more important.

From:Erin.
Hey Courtney, I don't know what is going on with you, I haven't heard from you in about a week, give or take. I am worried shit less, call me back or something.So...ummm. Yeah, get back to me.

From:Erin.
Courtney you don't even understand how much I need you right now! Please message me, call..anything!

From:Erin.
I can't take this, I can't take this shit anymore! I am not strong enough! Please, I need you.

I realized her messages were coming closer together and growing shorter. Until they stopped coming altogether.

From:Erin.
Courtney, please save me. Don't let me go, I'm slipping...

From:Erin.
The darkness is setting in, I don't know how much longer I can hold on.

From:Erin.
I love you, and I miss you.

From:Erin.
Remember to love okay baby?

My breathing caught and my chest deflated as I felt a scream start to build deep inside my being, I need to know what was going through her head when she was sending these.

From:Erin.
I'm sorry, I tried to hold on my love.

From:Erin.
I made it through one more day. I can't keep doing this.

From:Erin.
Listen to Come Home by Eyes Set To Kill.

From:Erin.
The darkness is coming for me.

From:Erin.
Goodbye Courtney.

From:Erin.
I love you.

That was the last message that had been received from Erin, I re-read those three words over and over again. If she loved me she would still be here, I rolled over. Too numb to cry, I wish I had
just answered her texts, instead of having my stupid break down and hiding away that weekend. I should have been there, dammit. I stared out the window, absorbing the body numbing air and
watching the sun slowly rise over the ocean waves. The clock ticked the minutes away like they were really hours upon hours. When a decent time of seven rolled around I got up and went for a run.