Status: Starting whenever

Sands of the Hourglass

Introduction

The bazar seemed to swarm around her, the never ending flow of people parting around her and continuing on their way. Her chocolate hair was tightly braided with strands of colored ribbon scattered throughout, and it was pulled into a large bun on the back of her head . She wore a simple purple dress which fell to cover her feet, it hung free of her body, brushing the swell of her breast before splitting into two parts and wrapping behind her neck to tie. A lavender dyed fabric was wrapped around her shoulders and hung between her elbows, reaching her knees. Large bronze earrings hung almost to her shoulders, reflecting the light of the burning sun above. A silver ring was on her middle finger, and a band of roughly molded silver on her wrist.

Her skin was softly tanned and her face was smooth and unmarred. Her pale pink lips were small, pulled in an almost smile, a pixie nose settled between two fathomless eyes. Her eyes were a dark storm grey, flecked with softer shades of silver, pupils black as the darkest night, and whites the color of virgin snow. Her soft face turned up to look at the cloudless sky above, a soft hand rising to shield her eyes from the unforgiving sun. A soft breeze rippled through the bazar, and her eyes closed in bliss as the toasted air tugged her dress around her body. With the death of the breeze her eyes reopened and she turned and walked the other direction, the crowd parting and kneeling to bow their heads at her passage.

You could see it in the eyes of the people, they feared and respected her, keeping their distance as they showed honor to her. She was vital to the survival of their country, without her they would have been swallowed by the barren wasteland they called home, or claimed by a ruler of another country. But this woman, this single woman had protected their homes, children, family, they respected her and they feared her. She was Asim Alya, last of the Sihr family, counsel to the throne, a sorceress from the desert’s heart, and assassin of the ages.
♠ ♠ ♠
Coming soon.....