Away to London

1/1

I felt the building trembling underneath us, he didn’t seem fazed by it. I turn towards him to see that he’s still staring in the direction I came from; Paris. Or should I say the ruins of Paris, the city had fell to the hands of Hell when I fled. She stayed behind, I believed her to be dead by now.

He called my name and I turned to him. He told me that it was just a matter of time before the hounds of Hell started coming over the horizon. The world was being eaten alive by things that no one ever thought existed. Perhaps they did in fairy tales, but this was real life, but maybe life itself was a fairy tale. I shook my head, that was nonsense. Life was no fairy tale.

I turn back to the direction of the sunset and the building shook again. The chime echoing through it vibrated my legs that dangled off the side of the building. If I glanced down at the height I was, I was sure to know the dangers that lie ahead if I did not move, but he was here, he was my guardian, and I knew that if all was in God’s Will, he’d save me.

He told me of all the things that were about to happen, give it a few hours, a few days, or perhaps even a week, and they’d be here. They’d come to do the same as they did to Paris, set London on fire once more. I would just wait for it, there was nothing else that I could do.

I was powerless as I waited for his words to come true. I was powerless as I watched the sun drifting down in its daily routine. I was powerless as I lie back on the building and listen to my heart beat.

London was the next to fall.