Status: This is a rewrite. If you'd like me to rewrite it again (make a sequel) that is a higher rating with more of a Slash, let me know!

Orphan Boy

Leaving Home

I guess this really was it... this was my last day.
“I felt strange. It’s an unusual occurrence that people are “impressed” with me. Furthermore after hearing how many times I've been denied as a human being it’s curious why they’d want me in there home, most just leave assuming there’s something wrong with me. As far as I know, I’m just a normal kid with oddly coloured hair.” I scratched my head.
“…” he jotted some notes down.
“You know you’re pretty sucky at this counselling thing…” I raised an eyebrow.
“I was unaware” his voice stayed plain.
“I guess the people you deal with are fine if they get to play with letter blocks and get some human comfort.”
“Would you like to play with letter blocks?” he raised his eyes to look at me but kept his head down toward his notebook.
“I’m going to pack the rest of my things.”
“I’ll miss you Madison, have fun and stay happy” he half waved to me as I exited.
--
When I got back to my room I flopped onto my bed. I thought about how hard it was going to be too lose the big family that’s always been there. There were nineteen boys and twenty-four girls in the residence, not including me, from small babies to the age of twelve. It used to make me sad to think about how they were unwanted, later I had figured out that most just didn't have parents, not that they were thrown away like I was. It’s still hard for me to believe that they share four large rooms on the second floor, babies in the nursery, toddlers in a smaller room, and boys in one of the larger rooms as well as the girls in a separate large room. Lyra was still sleeping in the toddler’s room and I started to tear up as I realized that today was the last time we’d be able to eat pancakes together. I stood and grabbed my things from the bathroom and shoved them into the smaller bag. I looked around for the time, wondering if I’d be able to talk myself into saying goodbye. I decided it would just hurt more and it wouldn't be worth it. I did head up stairs and peak through the doors of each room, just to be sure everything was alright.
“Goodnight everyone,” I said quietly and closed the two large doors of the toddlers room; they creaked under their own weight. I dragged my things from my room and sadly closed my own door, leaving it behind for the next unfortunate soul.
“So, you weren't going to say goodbye then?” I heard Lindsey’s voice coming from the kitchen.
“No, I decided that it would be better if I didn't” I wrapped a long scarf around my neck and slid my jacket on.
“They’ll be upset”
“Yea, I know. I’ll see you around, alright?”
“Yea… if you need anything, you know our number.”
“Bye Lindsey.”
“Bye Madison.”
I opened the doors and let them close behind me. I walked to the rusted metal gates and put my luggage down unlocking the gate.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, but I couldn't write anymore. Let me know if you enjoy it :) I'll be waiting for you...